Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:44:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Mia@NE game thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Mia@NE game thread  (Read 3289 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 08:49:52 am »

Pre-new direction me:  I wouldn't consider Brady the GOAT.  He benefits from playing on a great team with an insanely clutch defense, and his opponents doing stupid things.  Not to mention tons of luck.  Jimmy G played against almost this same Dolphins team last year without Gronkowski and played even BETTER than Brady.  Most of the throws Brady made yesterday were to receivers so wide open any quarterback could have made them.  It was actually Brady who almost let Miami back into the game with and interception.

Post-new direction me:  Brady is the GOAT because he has five Super Bowls.  He single-handled shredded Miami yesterday.
So Terry Bradshaw is the second greatest player of all time by your definition?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 08:58:55 am »

Can't have it both ways.

If Brady is GOAT for having five super bowl titles, then every other quarterback who has won a Super Bowl is by default, better than Marino.

Who said that Brady is the GOAT for the SOLE reason that he has 5 rings.  The 5 rings are just part of why many consider him the GOAT.  Having more records than a club DJ also plays a part in it.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 11:46:20 am »

I consider Marino's lack of a ring a bigger failure of Shula than Marino.  Any decent coach should be able to build a championship team around Dan, a HoF caliber coach should have been able to get multiple rings from Dan.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray