Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:39:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Adam Gase
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Adam Gase  (Read 3523 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 26, 2017, 06:53:38 pm »

What is his future with team after this season?

Yes, Tannehill was hurt but this team has shown no improvement from Joe Philbin.

The only difference has been luck.

The team last year won many games by the skin of their teeth.

The dumb mistakes still continue.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:56:23 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:03:36 pm »

I get frustrated with Gase sometimes, but the problems on this team reach far beyond their head coach.  Gase hasn't missed a single tackle or blown a blocking assignment all year.  The players are paid a huge amount of money to do a job that a large number of them are failing miserably at.  If I fail horribly in my job, my supervisors shouldn't get much of the blame.  Players are responsible for their own performance.  Offensive and defensive schemes have definitely been questionable all year.  But the majority of the  year is on the players.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »

^^ Too that point, Palm Beach post Dolphins beat writers Jason Lieser,and Joe Schad were doing a FB live post game last week, and brought up (IMO a Great point about the personnel) They asked "How many of the Dolphins are out playing their contract?" The Patriots,and teams like the Patriots have tons of guy who play way above what their contract is...

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 07:18:29 pm »

I get frustrated with Gase sometimes, but the problems on this team reach far beyond their head coach.  Gase hasn't missed a single tackle or blown a blocking assignment all year.  The players are paid a huge amount of money to do a job that a large number of them are failing miserably at.  If I fail horribly in my job, my supervisors shouldn't get much of the blame.  Players are responsible for their own performance.  Offensive and defensive schemes have definitely been questionable all year.  But the majority of the  year is on the players.

Should the offensive coordinator be on the hot seat?  Twice he has called for a stupid up for grabs pass when Miami had momentum (In the Saints game too).

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »

Should the offensive coordinator be on the hot seat?  Twice he has called for a stupid up for grabs pass when Miami had momentum (In the Saints game too).
That wasn't a bad play call.  Moore couldn't execute and Parker didn't want it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 09:11:46 pm »

Sure, last season Gase got the Dolphins to the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade, but what has he done for us lately?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 09:01:00 am »

The offense needs an o line and to replace Parker. They should also draft a QB to challenge Tannehill. On defense they need a new coordinator and some linebackers. I’d love to see someone like Rex Ryan.   What they don’t need is to replace Gase!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 09:37:39 am »

I say hand Gase a 20 year contract  and lock him up for a long time .. he's head and shoulders better than anyone we've had since jimmy johnson.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 09:45:37 am »

I say hand Gase a 20 year contract  and lock him up for a long time .. he's head and shoulders better than anyone we've had since jimmy johnson.
I agree. We just need better people picking the talent. Outside of Landry we rarely have anyone out performing their salary and that is what it takes to win.  For that matter we rarely have anyone who performs at what we are paying them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:58 am »

I have to admit...every time I get mad at Adam Gase for playcalling, I start pronouncing his last name as "Gassy."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 04:11:11 pm »

Gase calls the plays, not the OC
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 06:12:56 pm »

^^^^

Oh, so that means he is both HC and OC.

Well, somebody please tell him to retire that stupid toss a pass up for grabs play.  It doesn't work

And while you're at it, tell Moore not to do stupid things when you have a chance to get momentum going into halftime.

In theory Miami could have had the lead in the third quarter in the game with a bit of common sense. 

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 09:08:13 am »

C'mon, man.  How can you continue to have such "hot sports opinions" when you don't even have the basic facts right in your comments?  The OC (Christensen) is up in the booth during games.  He isn't the on the field offensive play caller, Gase is.  Christensen's job during the game is to communicate to Gase about what the defenses are doing and at times recommend options to Gase vis a vis what the defense is doing.  But Gase is the offensive play caller.  Fer cryin' out loud. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 09:26:55 am »

^^^^

Oh, so that means he is both HC and OC.

Well, somebody please tell him to retire that stupid toss a pass up for grabs play.  It doesn't work

And while you're at it, tell Moore not to do stupid things when you have a chance to get momentum going into halftime.

In theory Miami could have had the lead in the third quarter in the game with a bit of common sense. 
The up for grabs play, or a fade route as it's called, is a good play when your WR is 6'4'' and has a 36.5 inch vertical.  But when it's thrown behind the receiver, and the receiver acts like a big pussy that doesn't want the ball, then that's when interceptions happen.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 09:41:32 am »

Exactly.  The DB was behind Parker so if Moore had thrown the ball deeper in the end zone, Parker probably could have caught it.  But Parker still should have adjusted to the underthrown ball and gone up and fought for the ball or at least turn defenseman and keep the DB from intercepting it.  They both share the blame on that turd of a play. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray