Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:23:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Adam Gase
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Adam Gase  (Read 3535 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 06:40:30 pm »

The up for grabs play, or a fade route as it's called, is a good play when your WR is 6'4'' and has a 36.5 inch vertical.  But when it's thrown behind the receiver, and the receiver acts like a big pussy that doesn't want the ball, then that's when interceptions happen.

Moore threw that ball across his body into double coverage.

If that isn't a recipe for a pick, I don't know what is.

Also the key is up for grabs.  WHY ON EARTH DO YOU WANT TO THROW SOMETHING UP FOR GRABS WHEN YOU HAVE A GOLDEN CHANCE TO GET BACK IN THE GAME?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 07:09:50 pm »

Moore threw that ball across his body into double coverage.

If that isn't a recipe for a pick, I don't know what is.

Also the key is up for grabs.  WHY ON EARTH DO YOU WANT TO THROW SOMETHING UP FOR GRABS WHEN YOU HAVE A GOLDEN CHANCE TO GET BACK IN THE GAME?
BECAUSE IF YOUR QB CAN THROW A CATCHABLE BALL AND YOUR GIANT WR THAT CAN JUMP OVER A HOUSE ACTUALLY WANTS THE BALL, IT'S USUALLY A TD or at least an incompletion.  This has been adressed, so you can stop repeating yourself.  Or making me repeat myself.  The fade route is a football staple.  Put big guy against small CB and score TD.  How come you aren't talking about Drakes 4 fumbles?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »

BECAUSE IF YOUR QB CAN THROW A CATCHABLE BALL AND YOUR GIANT WR THAT CAN JUMP OVER A HOUSE ACTUALLY WANTS THE BALL, IT'S USUALLY A TD or at least an incompletion.  This has been adressed, so you can stop repeating yourself.  Or making me repeat myself.  The fade route is a football staple.  Put big guy against small CB and score TD.  How come you aren't talking about Drakes 4 fumbles?

Because only one of them was lost and it was when the game was 28-10.

Also, I have never seen that play work except with Moss and Gronkowksi.  Finally, I have never seen that play called where the quarterback threw across his body. 

Edit:  More to add.  That was NOT big guy against small CB, that was big guy against two small CBs.  Normally when that play is called it is a quick release play.  Not move to the right side of the field and chuck a pass up for grabs when the defenders have had time to get into position.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:21:13 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 06:07:28 am »

^^^^

Oh, so that means he is both HC and OC.

The fact that you don't know that and you are here talking like an "expert" on what Miami needs to do is why nobody takes your opinions seriously
Heatles

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 03:40:13 pm »

Sure, last season Gase got the Dolphins to the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade, but what has he done for us lately?

Not sure if Gase is the right coach long term or not, but that team last year was the same team that we've had for 15 years. They just got a couple bounces to get to 10 wins instead of their usual 7 or 8 wins that they got under Philbin, Sporano etc. They were able to win the games against teams that were at the same level as them (below average, 6 to 10 win teams depending on bounces), which is what got them to the playoffs. Once they went up against a team with some real talent everyone saw what they really were.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:43 pm »

Once they went up against a team with some real talent everyone saw what they really were.
When MIA's starting QB was healthy earlier that season, the Dolphins beat that same team with some real talent by two touchdowns.

Heatles

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 02:37:26 pm »

When MIA's starting QB was healthy earlier that season, the Dolphins beat that same team with some real talent by two touchdowns.

Yes, that did happen. That can not be disputed. But the team had demonstrated over many years that it's not at the level to compete at a high level in the AFC.

A team can win one game against anyone. Still doesn't mean they're competitive at a high level overall.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 05:30:26 pm »

In my opinion you should judge Gase not on the play of the team as a whole, but on the play of the players that have been brought in the last 2 years under Gase primarily in the draft since those are the guys that should fit your scheme the best. On the basis of that alone I think he's done OK. I'd like to see him have a little more time and see how those players continue to progress or not. I think he's had 2 decent drafts although Tunsil has been a huge letdown this year. He needs to string another 2 or 3 together. If he does that the team will get better. He started in a very deep hole that he's still trying to dig out of. Give him another year or two to see if it gets better or not.

Round   Sel   Player         Pos   College
1    22   Charles Harris     DE   Missouri
2   54   Raekwon McMillan   OLB   Ohio State
3   97   Cordrea Tankersley   CB   Clemson
5   164   Isaac Asiata      G   Utah
5   178   Davon Godchaux      DT   LSU
6   194   Vincent Taylor      DT   Oklahoma State
7   237   Isaiah Ford      WR   Virginia Tech

Round   Sel   Player         Pos   College
1   13   Laremy Tunsil      OT   Ole Miss
2   38   Xavien Howard       CB   Baylor
3   73   Kenyan Drake      RB   Alabama
3   86   Leonte Carroo      WR   Rutgers
6   186   Jakeem Grant      WR   Texas Tech
6   204   Jordan Lucas      CB/S   Penn State
7   223   Brandon Doughty      QB   Western Kentucky
7   231   Thomas Duarte       TE   UCLA

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray