Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:26:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Gauging Marino's Career
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Gauging Marino's Career  (Read 4504 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 01:12:42 pm »

If Brady is better than Marino, so is every quarterback who has won a Super Bowl.

This is like asking someone, "Do you pack your lunch or walk to school?" One has no  bearing on the other.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 05:52:13 pm »

If Brady is better than Marino, so is every quarterback who has won a Super Bowl.

What does the number purple taste like?

My question is less nonsensical than your statement.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 01:34:25 am »

What does the number purple taste like?

My question is less nonsensical than your statement.

Pre-new direction:  What is nonsensical is to compare quarterbacks by a team statistic that is also influenced by their opponents. 

I have never heard anybody say anything to say Brady is the GOAT except for his Super Bowl wins.  His stats are never mentioned. 

Post-new direction: Rank quarterbacks by Super Bowl wins and always give the quarterback credit for everything.  Thank you.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 10:22:30 am »

I would like to apologize to everyone for starting this thread.  I believe we are all a little dumber now from having read one specific person's replies.  The next time the board members come to Texas, I owe you all a beer for putting you through this. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 10:25:52 am »

I would like to apologize to everyone for starting this thread.  I believe we are all a little dumber now from having read one specific person's replies.  The next time the board members come to Texas, I owe you all a beer for putting you through this. 
Don't worry about it.  The responses entertain me, the same way watching Sharknado entertains me...because it's so bad.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 11:16:16 am »

Don't worry about it.  The responses entertain me, the same way watching Sharknado entertains me...because it's so bad.

I can't understand the attraction at all
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 11:22:26 am »

I can't understand the attraction at all
That would be the normal, sane response.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 05:45:37 pm »

I have never heard anybody say anything to say Brady is the GOAT except for his Super Bowl wins.  His stats are never mentioned. 

You may wish to consult with an Audiologist.  Actually the strongest argument in favor of Brady surpassing Joe Montana as the GOAT, is not the number of rings but Brady's consistent success with nobody wide receivers.  Other than 2 year with Randy Moss, Brady has never had any top tier wide receivers.  Unless you are counting an UDFA they got in trade from Miami or a 7th round draft pick that converted from QB to wide receiver has top tier.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:50 am »

You may wish to consult with an Audiologist.  Actually the strongest argument in favor of Brady surpassing Joe Montana as the GOAT, is not the number of rings but Brady's consistent success with nobody wide receivers.  Other than 2 year with Randy Moss, Brady has never had any top tier wide receivers.  Unless you are counting an UDFA they got in trade from Miami or a 7th round draft pick that converted from QB to wide receiver has top tier.

Not to take anything away from Brady, but his receivers have been vastly under appreciated.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray