Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:25:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  How long should Gronk be suspended for?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How long should Gronk be suspended for?  (Read 3458 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: December 04, 2017, 12:53:48 pm »

It was out of character for Gronk to give the cheap shot he did yesterday, but it's as bad or worse than anything Suh ever did with the Lions.  The NFL will probably assess two games, then lower it to one.  Granted it's not like him, but I think he deserves two games because that could have been a very serious injury.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:02:03 pm »

One game seems sufficient to me.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:55:31 pm »

One game. Can't believe the shit Suh takes on other boards, though. He really doesn't seem dirty anymore, but people keep saying the hit by Gronk is something Suh does every game.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 02:17:30 pm »

One game. Can't believe the shit Suh takes on other boards, though. He really doesn't seem dirty anymore, but people keep saying the hit by Gronk is something Suh does every game.
I saw that too.  Suh hasn't been dirty for a very long time.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

I think the only reason Suh doesn't seem dirty to you anymore is he changed his laundry, he hasn't changed his habits since leaving the lions.

In comparing the Gronk hit to what Suh does every game, Suh will have multiple hits that are past the end of the play that are just as dirty and vicious.  However, the time delay in this game was particularly egregious.  Suh will very frequently engage in late hits, but typically not after getting up off the ground.  It is that last part that made this egregious.  

If he isn't suspended BB will probably bench him.  He made WW sit out a series for a couple of foot jokes.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 02:21:52 pm »

I think the only reason Suh doesn't seem dirty to you anymore is he changed his laundry, he hasn't changed his habits since leaving the lions.

In comparing the Gronk hit to what Suh does every game, Suh will have multiple hits that are past the end of the play that are just as dirty and vicious.  However, the time delay in this game was particularly egregious.  Suh will very frequently engage in late hits, but typically not after getting up off the ground.  It is that last part that made this egregious.  

If he isn't suspended BB will probably bench him.  He made WW sit out a series for a couple of foot jokes.
Are you just pulling this out of your ass, or do you have anything to back it up?  I haven't seen Suh do anything like what he did for the Lions.

Sorry if I don't believe the words of a Patriot fan, but no proof, you's a goof.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 02:27:30 pm »

Are you just pulling this out of your ass, or do you have anything to back it up?  I haven't seen Suh do anything like what he did for the Lions.

Sorry if I don't believe the words of a Patriot fan, but no proof, you's a goof.

Most fans that are not Dolphin fans will tell you he hasn't changed.  This is not a uniquely Patriot fan perspective. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »

Gronk should probably just get a fine, as much as that hit was dirty.

Maybe a 1-game suspension, at very most, but I wouldn't expect it.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 02:56:26 pm »

Most fans that are not Dolphin fans will tell you he hasn't changed.  This is not a uniquely Patriot fan perspective. 
I know what people say, but do you have anything to back it up?  The Mallet "choke" thing is the last I heard, which was a retaliation of Mallet getting in his face.  He has a rep for being a douche bag too ya know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 02:58:53 pm »

Gronk should probably just get a fine, as much as that hit was dirty.

Maybe a 1-game suspension, at very most, but I wouldn't expect it.
He should definitely get a AT LEAST a 1-game suspension.  His was much more egregious than McCain's 'punch' btw, and arguably worse than anything Suh has ever done.  Punching a guy in the back of the head is cowardly.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:51:00 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 03:07:45 pm »

Hoodie you are normally pretty level headed, but this time you really missed it. Let's put this in perspective.

1) The guy was on the ground.
2) The guy was out of bounds.
3) The guy had his back to Gronk.

C'MON MAN! That was as bad as it gets. Yeah I get it that Gronk is normally a pretty leveled headed guy but HE LOST IT!!! The guy deserves at LEAST 1 game if not more.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 03:44:26 pm »

1 game it is:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21667821/nfl-suspends-rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-one-game-late-hit
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »

Most fans who aren't Dolphins fans watch Suh about as much as I watch Kim Kardashian...which is to say "only when she accidentally appears on my TV and I can't get to the remote quickly enough."

Ndamukong has toned his wildness down quite a bit since leaving Detroit.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »

Hoodie you are normally pretty level headed, but this time you really missed it. Let's put this in perspective.

1) The guy was on the ground.
2) The guy was out of bounds.
3) The guy had his back to Gronk.

C'MON MAN! That was as bad as it gets. Yeah I get it that Gronk is normally a pretty leveled headed guy but HE LOST IT!!! The guy deserves at LEAST 1 game if not more.

When did I defend Gronks hit?  Because I don't recall doing so.

It was dirty and uncharitstic of Gronk.

However I strongly disagree with anyone claiming Suh has cleaned up after leaving the lions

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »

When did I defend Gronks hit?  Because I don't recall doing so.
So then are you admitting that what Gronk did yesterday is worse then anything that Suh has done while with the Dolphins?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray