Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:49:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bill Belichick explains how NFL policy is creating poor play on Offensive Line
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bill Belichick explains how NFL policy is creating poor play on Offensive Line  (Read 1155 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:27 pm »

I love to hear BB speak. It usually amounts to nothing but he can throw some serious BS and sometimes it is pretty funny. Just today I saw where he was asked about what goals he had remaining after accomplishing so much in the NFL and his response was typical BB. He said his next big goal was to go out and have a great practice that day.

This article actually does get his insight which I think is probably pretty spot on. He has seen what works and has seen the decline. Anyway ... great article and kudos to the author for getting him to actually say something.

"You're playing a contact position with pads, and you're practicing it without pads the majority of the time," Belichick said (via Mike Petraglia of CLNSMedia). "That usually develops a lot of bad habits, and a lot of the techniques that a player would have the chance to work on and improve with pads, that opportunity just isn't there without pads."
For the full article http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-belichick-nfl-practice-poor-offensive-lines-2017-9

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:32:00 pm »

I completely agree and I think the poor product on the field is effecting the television ratings more than anything else.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:22:07 am »

A few of the local media have figured out how to ask an intelligent question that will get an insightful answer, the rest ask dumb questions that get non answers.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:31:03 am »

I completely agree and I think the poor product on the field is effecting the television ratings more than anything else.

I think it's just people getting sick of the Patriots being the luckiest team on the face of the Earth and how every team that plays them seems to forget football fundamentals. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 08:47:13 am »

I think it's just people getting sick of the Patriots being the luckiest team on the face of the Earth and how every team that plays them seems to forget football fundamentals. 

I think I've come up with a system that will help you to avoid posting comments that most of humanity would consider complete lunacy. Any time you think you've reached enlightenment on some area of football, and you desperately want to share that with the (TDMMC) world, you should take a coin out of your pocket and flip it. If the coin lands heads, you don't post. If the coin lands tails, you don't post. If the coin lands on its edge and stays upright, then go ahead and post...it's God's will.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray