Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:44:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Using Tannehill to ask a hypothetical question about football
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Using Tannehill to ask a hypothetical question about football  (Read 1653 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 10, 2017, 01:48:39 pm »

Let's say Miami runs the table and makes the playoffs, then miraculously wins the Super Bowl.

Would Tannehill get a Super Bowl ring, or would he not get one because he missed the season.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 04:31:06 pm »

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1/7923079/super-bowl-2015-rings-winner-loser
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:02 pm »

That would be Ross's choice.  I expect that Ross would offer him one.  The more interesting question is would he even want it.  I suspect Bledsoe views his ring as bittersweet, proud of his contribution in the AFCCG, but disappointed that it earned him a front row seat to watch Brady rather than the chance to play. With Tannehill he would have played no role in the success.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »

Yes you offer the ring and yes he  takes the ring, why is it even up for debate.....jesus some of you people.

He opened training camp as the #1 QB and blew out his knee. He has sat in every QB meeting all year and did what he could to help Cutler get up to speed. HE would get a ring in this crazy dumb-ass scenario that we know won't happen
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 08:36:15 pm »

Ok, point taken, I just wondered if NFL decides since they give out the rings.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:52:08 pm »

To me, the more interesting question is whether an owner like Jerry Jones somehow has SB rings for SBVI and SBXII (wins from before he bought the team).
I find it highly unlikely that Dan Snyder does not have a SB ring that he wears regularly.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 10:39:31 am »

I think Tannehill is a bad sample for this question. He has continued to be a part of the team and help out wherever possible. He hasn't stepped away like some other players have and is basically a coach at this point.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 02:46:45 pm »

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray