Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:48:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Ball - Patriots 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Ball - Patriots 2  (Read 2192 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 11, 2017, 11:47:49 pm »

Jay Cutler

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 11:48:28 pm »

Howard for 2 INTS

HM Drake, Cutler, Landry

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:49:01 pm »

Split that ball in half and give a piece to both Cutler and Drake.  And we'll buy Xavien a beer while we are at it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:21 pm »

Lots of great performances tonight but Howard was key to shutting Brady down. I’m going to say Drake for offense and Howard for defense.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:57:11 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:16:16 am »

HM to Gronkowksi for getting suspended for this game 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 04:09:36 am »

D4L continues to be a huge Patriot fan in the loss.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:10 am »

D4L continues to be a huge Patriot fan in the loss.

Speaking of which, Hoodie is awfully quiet
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:10:01 am »

Kenyan Drake......2 weeks in a row!!!!!

Love coming on this board after a Dolphins win

I'd rather be lucky than good.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 07:11:07 am »

Speaking of which, Hoodie is awfully quiet

I'd rather be lucky than good.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 07:33:13 am »

Howard and Cutler both played as close to perfect games as they come. They'll have to split it.

Cutler had 3 touchdowns, zero ints (and nothing even close), and a 112 passer rating that would have been a lot better if 1) Parker had hands, 2) Grant had caught that long bomb that went right through his hands.

Howard totally locked down Cook (and Amandola, when he was on him). Cook's single reception came in zone coverage when he was covered by the safety. Two interceptions helped Brady on his way to a dismal 59.5 passer rating.

HM to pretty much everyone, in particular Drake for the 193 yards from scrimmage and the defensive line for putting a whole lot of pressure on Brady and forcing him to get rid of the ball quickly. Branch, Wake, Suh, and Philips all did a great job. (Where the **** have these guys been all season??).

I'm almost tempted to give the game ball to a coach. The offensive game plan in the first half was inspired. Exactly the kind of thing you have to do against the Patriots with lots of strange plays (but without being gimmicky). Things got a little more traditional in the second half, but that's the way it goes. And hats off to Burke for putting together a great plan to stop Brady. Again, lots of looks that were just a little bit different. Some interesting stunts, safety blitzes, linebacker blitzes, etc. On the one drive where the Patriots really moved the ball, the defense was actually right there, but just missed their tackles. Fortunately, the missed tackles seemed to confine themselves to that one drive.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 10:51:11 am »

I am completely split on the game ball.  Ultimately, I'm choosing Jay Cutler.  He played a perfect game, basically.  His stats should've even been better, as he had some big drops.  No big mistakes, smart play, making plays with his feet -- all of it.  He was spectacular.

But if ever Xavian Howard should get a game ball, it was this week.  He was lights out.

HMs to both Drake and Landry.
And Gase -- play calling was good.  Lots of shunts and reversing field stuff.  ...and the right amount of big plays/dump offs/running ratio.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 03:12:33 pm »

Lots of options this week, I'm going with Howard - without his play the Dolphins don't win in spite of all the other great performances.

HM to Drake, Cutler, and even Burke.

It was like some other players happened to inhabit the Dolphins uniforms last night.  My memory may be off, but didn't the dolphins kick ass last year when they wore the throwbacks?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 03:28:52 pm »

For me
Game ball Offense to K.Drake - For the complete game,not just for the highlight reel stuff he did,but the awesome block he did on the blitz pick up,on the deep pass Grant dropped.The hard fighting yards,and even for pulling out a Abdul-Jabbar impression a couple of times.... Embarrassed

Game ball defense - X.Howard,2 picks against Denver,ok their Qb sucks,but 2 picks against T.Brady...

Slight rant- I hope I get proved wrong with our front office,and this game proves to the front office,No big trades,no big signing in the secondary.2018 Let use roll with Howard on one side ,Lippett/Tankersly battle on the other side (depending how well Lippett is recovered) Bobby Mccain,T.J McDonald at 1 saftey,R.Jones at the other...(Might need to draft a back up saftey,guy to develop Jones age,and $$) end little rant...

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »

^ I'm not quite clear on what you mean. Is that what you want to happen or what you fear will happen?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 05:11:38 pm »

I fear the front office will try to make a trade,sign some free agent (I hope I'm proved wrong) ...I want to to roll young, rebuild O-line,LB,TE,etc.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray