Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:17:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Looking ahead now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Looking ahead now  (Read 4921 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 12, 2017, 02:08:55 am »

Miami probably has to win it's next three games.  All of which are very winnable

If they can do this, they earn valuable tiebreakers over the Chiefs, Chargers, and Bills.

Baltimore has the easiest remaining schedule against CLE, IND, and CIN.

Tennesse has three games left against SF, LAR, and JAX

I guess we will all be 49ers fans next week.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:20:35 am »

The hurdle is BAL, which should handle their remaining 3 games.  Maybe, maybe CIN gives them a game to end the year but it looks like they go 3-0

I think TEN is done, see them going 1-2 down the stretch. 

I think the TB loss comes back to bite us in the ass, which is a shame, since the bad call by the Ref for the apparent safety changed the outcome of that game for sure.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 11:27:35 am »

While I'd love to see the Dolphins finish 9-7, I'm not sure I even want them to make the playoffs. I'd fear another poor showing in the playoffs against superior teams away from Miami. I've been there and done that and it doesn't feel good.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 05:16:53 pm »

While I'd love to see the Dolphins finish 9-7, I'm not sure I even want them to make the playoffs. I'd fear another poor showing in the playoffs against superior teams away from Miami. I've been there and done that and it doesn't feel good.
Feels worse not to make the playoffs
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 06:58:16 pm »

one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You would rather not make the playoffs out of fear of losing in the playoffs?!  Wow, just wow
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 09:19:15 pm »

one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You would rather not make the playoffs out of fear of losing in the playoffs?!  Wow, just wow
Please tell me what good comes from making the playoffs only to get embarrassed on wild card weekend. I've been there and done that several times now and it sucks just as bad as missing the playoffs in my opinion. If I had even a bit of hope that Miami wouldn't be embarrassed then I'd hope for a playoff birth, but unfortunately I have none. This team should NOT make the playoffs. Maybe I'd feel different if they won their last 5 in a row, but I kinda doubt it. I think some of you have forgotten the last 3 playoff appearances by Miami. I fell into the trap last year thinking they had been playing pretty good football only to see them completely fall apart in the playoffs and be totally outclassed. That hurt. I don't need that again this year. Just play out the season and we'll see how next year goes.

2016 Lost 12-30. Game over in the 1st quarter down 14-3.
2008 Lost 9-27. Never led after 1st quarter.
2001 Lost 3-20. Never led after 1st quarter.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:46:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 12:11:42 am »

If you don't think you can go deep in the playoffs, what good will it do you to make them?  All that mean is that you get a lower draft pick. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:42 am »

If you don't think you can go deep in the playoffs, what good will it do you to make them?  All that mean is that you get a lower draft pick. 
DEN was a playoff team in 2011.
MIA was not.
Guess which one of the Peyton Manning Sweepstakes finalists won?

Having a competitive team makes you a more attractive option for free agents, and for retaining your own players without having to wildly overspend.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 06:50:35 am »

Please tell me what good comes from making the playoffs only to get embarrassed on wild card weekend. I've been there and done that several times now and it sucks just as bad as missing the playoffs in my opinion. If I had even a bit of hope that Miami wouldn't be embarrassed then I'd hope for a playoff birth, but unfortunately I have none. This team should NOT make the playoffs. Maybe I'd feel different if they won their last 5 in a row, but I kinda doubt it. I think some of you have forgotten the last 3 playoff appearances by Miami. I fell into the trap last year thinking they had been playing pretty good football only to see them completely fall apart in the playoffs and be totally outclassed. That hurt. I don't need that again this year. Just play out the season and we'll see how next year goes.

2016 Lost 12-30. Game over in the 1st quarter down 14-3.
2008 Lost 9-27. Never led after 1st quarter.
2001 Lost 3-20. Never led after 1st quarter.

The reason why is if your team is in the playoffs, there is still a chance, however slim, to get to the Superbowl.  The Giants were 9-7 when they won one.  Just because you think it's meaningless, doesn't mean the rest of us do.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 09:38:04 am »

Any
Given
Sunday
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 02:15:20 pm »

*IF* Miami makes the playoffs it will be because they won the last five in a row.  That means they will be entering the playoffs hot.  While they would still not be favored it would mean that the team started coming together and has the chance at winning.  Would be not much more of a long shot than the 10-6 Giants in 2007. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 03:48:11 pm »

The reason why is if your team is in the playoffs, there is still a chance, however slim, to get to the Superbowl.  The Giants were 9-7 when they won one.  Just because you think it's meaningless, doesn't mean the rest of us do.
Hey, I never said that anyone else shouldn't be rooting for them to win the Superbowl. More power to you. I was only speaking for myself.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 03:49:05 pm »

*IF* Miami makes the playoffs it will be because they won the last five in a row.  That means they will be entering the playoffs hot.  While they would still not be favored it would mean that the team started coming together and has the chance at winning.  Would be not much more of a long shot than the 10-6 Giants in 2007. 
*IF* Miami wins their last 5, then we'll talk. I doubt that's gonna happen. Even if it does, the chances that Miami makes the playoffs are slim. They would then have to win 3 more games on the road just to make the Superbowl. If Miami wins the Superbowl they'll have to change the saying to "So you're telling me there's a chance, like Miami in 2018".
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:03:59 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 02:49:03 am »

Loser of the AFC West probably makes the playoffs as a wild card (KC or LA). Then you have the Ravens. And Tennessee is already at 8 wins.  Even if Miami wins out and ends up at 9-7 I just don't see how they get in honestly. Too much needs to happen
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 12:57:49 pm »

Loser of the AFC West probably makes the playoffs as a wild card (KC or LA). Then you have the Ravens. And Tennessee is already at 8 wins.  Even if Miami wins out and ends up at 9-7 I just don't see how they get in honestly. Too much needs to happen
Not really.  They win out and their odds increase to 50/50 to make the playoffs.  If you still doubt, you're being pessimistic.  That is, IF they can win out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray