Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Throwback Uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Throwback Uniforms  (Read 3065 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:21 am »

I know it's a fool's errand, but I would love to see this organization move either back to the "old school" uniforms that we saw last nite or at least move to the logo and look  what I grew up seeing in the late 70s and thru the 80s

No one can deny these uniforms look awesome on the field, whether this us fans longing for the days gone by or that nostalgic feeling, the team seems to play better when they wear these things

It's not that the new uniforms are awful, it's that they just don't exude that feel of power and/or excitement

Those things last nite? They definitely do and it not only gets the fans fired up, but the players as well.

I truly think the team should look further into this  Can't be the money cause I know if they were to revert to an older school look, sales in merchandise would outsell what is going on now.  It's got to be a matter of pride and admitting they were wrong in tapping into a new look and feel of the Dolphins

Some things you just don't change, you can tweak here and there, but you can't go away from an original

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:20:03 am by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:56:47 am »

Hahaha ... As Joe Rose said this morning trying to be politically correct ... "I have nothing against the new logo and colors but it makes us look "soft"." I've never liked the new logo/colors and want an angry dolphin with the old color scheme. Maybe even put a cigar in his mouth! I also didn't mind adding the navy accents in 1997.

I was looking for information on this and this is what I found. This was the 5th year so by rule they could change uniforms next year but if Miami wanted to make a change for 2018 they would have had to submit for a change to the NFL as of this past March. Gase loves the throwbacks and is known to wear the old logo stuff.  The question is  ... did they?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:52:00 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:21:52 am »

^^^^^

Thanks for the background info on this.  Did not know they had to wait 5 yrs and then reapply for a change.  Hopefully this team pulled the trigger back in March.

Fan support would be thru the roof IMO

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 02:45:53 pm »

I hate the old logo (and really hate the throwback version that looks like someone has taken sandpaper to it).  Dolphins don't wear helmets.

Other teams have throwback uniforms alongside their normal ones.  If you like the throwback, then buy that.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 03:16:44 pm »

New uni's/logo hate 'em - I'll probably die,and some idiot will bury me in a new logo flag in my casket,to suffer for eternity.
Throwbacks - I love'em but have no hope in hell that it will get changed anytime soon.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 03:27:36 pm »

but if Miami wanted to make a change for 2108 they would have had to submit for a change to the NFL as of this past March.

Talk about being bogged down by bureaucracy...a 91-year wait?  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »

Talk about being bogged down by bureaucracy...a 91-year wait?  Wink
Oops .... hahaha

This was from an article in June.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-throwback-classic-logo-change-permanent-team-president-060717

Team president Tom Garfinkel addressed the possibility after much was made about Adam Gase and other players wearing the old-school logo during practice, saying they’re committed to the current look for now.

“Yeah, as of right now, that’s the plan,” Garfinkel said, via the Palm Beach Post. “There have been fans that certainly love that aspect of the uniform. And we love it too. There is a long time frame. You can’t just change uniforms on a whim. So I’d say we’re listening to the fans and evaluating everything. We’re open-minded. But as of right now there is no plan to change.”

“We love them,” Garfinkel said. “The players love them. That was one of the first things [we thought] when we first got here. We look up at these pictures of Bob Griese and Nick Buoniconti. Those are beautiful football jerseys. So how do we bring those back on a more consistent basis?”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 06:12:54 pm »

I hate the old logo (and really hate the throwback version that looks like someone has taken sandpaper to it).  Dolphins don't wear helmets.

Are you sure about that?Huh?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:03:03 pm »

I love it when they wear those throwbacks. What a great look
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:04:49 pm »

Are you sure about that?Huh?
That dolphin also looks stupid.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 10:06:03 pm »

I know it's a fool's errand, but I would love to see this organization move either back to the "old school" uniforms that we saw last nite or at least move to the logo and look  what I grew up seeing in the late 70s and thru the 80s

No one can deny these uniforms look awesome on the field, whether this us fans longing for the days gone by or that nostalgic feeling, the team seems to play better when they wear these things

It's not that the new uniforms are awful, it's that they just don't exude that feel of power and/or excitement

Those things last nite? They definitely do and it not only gets the fans fired up, but the players as well.

I truly think the team should look further into this  Can't be the money cause I know if they were to revert to an older school look, sales in merchandise would outsell what is going on now.  It's got to be a matter of pride and admitting they were wrong in tapping into a new look and feel of the Dolphins

Some things you just don't change, you can tweak here and there, but you can't go away from an original

Ken oath! Those are the REAL Miami Dolphins aquamarine & coral colours and leaping dolphin logo, not the bastardised pastiche they have usually fronted up in the last five years.

Other teams have throwback uniforms alongside their normal ones.  If you like the throwback, then buy that.

We already do, lots of us. Check out the stands at a typical Dolphin home game and what's the majority of what you see? The old unforms & colors of course - it's an indictment that our management changed the logo to the beached dolphin and our colors to cyan and puke orange. The day it changes back cannot come soon enough!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 06:38:19 am »

I prefer the throwbacks, but I don't hate the current uniforms.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 09:00:03 am »

Spider is definitely in the minority when it comes to the uniforms. You know it's bad when many national talking heads even brought it up yesterday. The good thing is the Dolphins are aware that's the consensus and are hopefully doing something about it.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 10:44:55 am »

It doesn't help that the "new" uniforms are associated with teams that are perpetually mediocre, whereas the "throwback" uniforms remind us of a time when the Dolphins were actually relevant in the NFL. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 12:34:53 pm »

We already do, lots of us. Check out the stands at a typical Dolphin home game and what's the majority of what you see? The old unforms & colors of course - it's an indictment that our management changed the logo to the beached dolphin and our colors to cyan and puke orange.
I went to my first Dolphin home game last year (vs. SF) and the vast majority of gear people were wearing was new logo.  (For the record, that was a throwback uniform game.)

I actually commented to Dave Gray that I was very surprised to see it, because if you listen to people on the internet the new logo/colors are Hated By Everyone.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:37:17 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray