Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:42:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Throwback Uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Throwback Uniforms  (Read 3053 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 01:26:31 pm »

Other teams have throwback uniforms alongside their normal ones.  If you like the throwback, then buy that.

Bingo.  We have an answer.  In new england you will see some people wearing the flying elvis and others wearing patriots pat.  It is not uncommon to see some folks even wearing one logo on their hat an the other on a sweatshirt.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »

Bingo.  We have an answer.  In new england you will see some people wearing the flying elvis and others wearing patriots pat.  It is not uncommon to see some folks even wearing one logo on their hat an the other on a sweatshirt.   
Not Bingo because people in New England don't hate the current uniform. Joe Rose opened his show by talking about how bad the current uniforms are and many national talking heads brought up how good the throw backs look compared to the current. While there are people who like the new ones like Spider, most people find them atrocious just like the Steelers throw backs.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:54 pm »

"Everyone" also thinks the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks look better than their navy regulars.  The Chargers' solution has been to sell both.  Why should the Dolphins do any differently?

If you want to say the regular uniforms should change colors, I'm fine with that.  I actually liked the previous aqua/navy/orange more than the current light aqua/dark aqua/orange; my navy Zach Thomas jersey is one of my favorites.  But the old logo is objectively terrible and should stay in the history books.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:11:40 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 06:19:37 pm »

^^^ when it first came out most people hated the flying elvis.  And I still do.  I have never bought anything with the new logo,but will wear gifts with it.  The flying Elvis is popular now but it has been the logo for 20 years and 5 Lombardis

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 09:18:12 am »

"Everyone" also thinks the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks look better than their navy regulars.  The Chargers' solution has been to sell both.  Why should the Dolphins do any differently?

If you want to say the regular uniforms should change colors, I'm fine with that.  I actually liked the previous aqua/navy/orange more than the current light aqua/dark aqua/orange; my navy Zach Thomas jersey is one of my favorites.  But the old logo is objectively terrible and should stay in the history books.
I also like the jerseys from 97 better than the throwbacks we are wearing but both are heads and shoulders above the current IMO.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/ijua9q3j0uup2jjkohiqb9zf5/Miami_Dolphins/1997/Home_Uniform

These? We haven't had a lot of uniform changes,but some tweaks over the year.(Till our current ones)

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 01:02:30 pm »

^^^ when it first came out most people hated the flying elvis.  And I still do.  I have never bought anything with the new logo,but will wear gifts with it.  The flying Elvis is popular now but it has been the logo for 20 years and 5 Lombardis

I think the Pats (especially the flying Elvis) is one of the better unis in the league.  I hated Patriot Pete hiking the football, though.

Your new stuff looks so much better, to an outsider.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 02:07:36 pm »

I also like the jerseys from 97 better than the throwbacks we are wearing but both are heads and shoulders above the current IMO.

+1.  I think most fans feel this way.  How about a poll??
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »

Pat Patriot is a terrible logo and the Flying Elvis is a huge upgrade.

I actually like the Parcells-era NE uniforms:

I've also said in the past that I think the current Bills kit is one of the best in the league.

It's really just the Jets that are perpetual trash.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 05:00:12 pm »

Yes ... I don't know how you could make that shade of green look good. They need to add some colors and change the shade.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:04 am »

I agree with Spider, I like the Parcells Patriots uni's,but Prefer the Bills with the red Helmets.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 09:13:39 am »

I just wish that the look of their uniforms was the biggest problem that the Dolphins have.   Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray