Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:19:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Network employees have been suspended from their duties pending investigatio
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: NFL Network employees have been suspended from their duties pending investigatio  (Read 3700 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:51:39 am »

A number of current and former NFL Network employees, including Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, have been suspended from their duties pending an investigation into disturbing sexual harassment allegations by a former employee. Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor, Donovan McNabb, and former executive producer at NFL Network Eric Weinberger are among those accused, in a complaint obtained by Bloomberg. Weinberger is now the president of Bill Simmons’ media group.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/marshall-faulk-among-nfl-network-employees-suspended-amid-sexual-harassment-allegations/ar-BBGD1o4?li=BBnbfcL

Looks like we are just now starting to see how far this goes. I'm sure other organizations will start dropping talent too as the man culture that has been allowed since forever is now being attacked. There are a lot of guilty people out there.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:42:01 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »

There are a lot of guilty people out there ... both male and female.

Why would you even add the "and female in there? (Is that this topic's equivalent to Trump's "There are some very fine people on both sides" gaffe?)

Do you know many women who are guilty of sexual harassment? Do you know any at all? I've been in the work force, civilian or military, for 42 years now, and I still have never seen it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »

Something sounds amiss when one woman claims "sexual harassment" by at least five different individuals at one job.  Which by the way comes when she is suing for wrongful termination.  I get the feeling this woman is twisting the facts and circumstances due to the current climate of hysteria to make a monetary gain.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 04:01:29 pm »

Why would you even add the "and female in there? (Is that this topic's equivalent to Trump's "There are some very fine people on both sides" gaffe?)

Do you know many women who are guilty of sexual harassment? Do you know any at all? I've been in the work force, civilian or military, for 42 years now, and I still have never seen it.

I didn't put much thought into it actually so not trying to manipulate anything. As for the other question ... yes I have. Twice in fact where it was definitely uncomfortable. When I was 17 I had a superior in a furniture store stalk me ... even circling my house at times. She backed me against the wall on a couple of occasions in the store and used to rub up on me to the point everyone knew it. She was probably about 35 and it actually did freak me out.

The other was a female superior who is an engineer. If you can imagine a New York construction worker in a female body then that was her. She constantly tried to "shock" me.

Neither one scarred me but legally they both harassed me and pretty blatantly. In my opinion I think most people probably have been at one time or another.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:02:57 pm »

Something sounds amiss when one woman claims "sexual harassment" by at least five different individuals at one job.  Which by the way comes when she is suing for wrongful termination.  I get the feeling this woman is twisting the facts and circumstances due to the current climate of hysteria to make a monetary gain.
I was thinking the same thing. She could be legit but it sounds like she played as being "one of the boys" and then is using those conversations as a weapon. I wonder what they will come back saying.  If they really did these things unprovoked then that is super disturbing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:09:39 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:45:36 pm »

I'm sure there are quite a few.  Sexual harassment is not about sex.  It's about power.  Go watch Disclosure and Horrible Bosses, then get back to me.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:54:31 am »

I'm sure there are quite a few.  Sexual harassment is not about sex.  It's about power.  Go watch Disclosure and Horrible Bosses, then get back to me.

Did you really just reference two fictional movies to support your point? Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 11:39:19 am »

Did you really just reference two fictional movies to support your point? Wink

Disclosure is based on a true story.

http://www.michaelcrichton.com/disclosure/

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 01:03:15 pm »

Disclosure is based on a true story.

http://www.michaelcrichton.com/disclosure/

Based.  But with the roles reversed. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 01:18:37 pm »

I am with Sunstroke on this one.  Does females harrassing males in the workplace exist?  Yes, occationally.  But the problem is extremely rare in comparison that the point of mentioning it is just a diversion from the real problem. 

A common tactic of the oppressor.  Blacks owned slaves too and for a period of time whites could even be indentured serveants of blacks in Virginia so American Slavery wasn't about white opperssion of African-Americans it was a problem on both sides.  The Nakam Group attempted (but failed) to poison the water supplies of Munich, Berlin, Weimar, Nuremberg and Hamburg, so the Jews were no better than the Nazi's. 

As for believing victims/accused.  If one women accuses multiple men without any collertatory evidence I am skeptical of her accusations.  If multiple women accuse the same man I consider that proof. 

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:21:01 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:28 pm »

I can delete the whole “woman” thing. It really wasn’t relevant to the story.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 07:03:22 am »

The female pervs are primarily in k through 12. Due to their limited power I suppose.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 09:14:32 am »

The female pervs are primarily in k through 12. Due to their limited power I suppose.
hahahaha ... They were discussing this on the radio and they said he NFL Network has basically operated as an extension of the locker room and the guys didn't change their behavior from their playing days.  I guess the NFL network doesn't have an HR Dept.  Shocked

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 11:33:37 am »

Since "you" haven't seen any.

Andrea Ramsey, a Democratic candidate for Congress, will drop out of the race after the Kansas City Star asked her about accusations in a 2005 lawsuit that she sexually harassed and retaliated against a male subordinate who said he had rejected her advances.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article189931704.html

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 02:24:31 pm »

okay so you found an example.  I can cite you examples of black slave owners.  Doesn't change the fact that slavery was overwhelmingly an issue of white oppression of blacks. 

I can find you examples of Jews cooperating with the Nazis.  I can find you examples of Native American's breaking treaties with the US government.

But claiming that this is a two way issue is the same as Trump's 'good people on both sides" or blaming the protesters for the shootings at Kent state. 

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray