Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:52:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Network employees have been suspended from their duties pending investigatio
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NFL Network employees have been suspended from their duties pending investigatio  (Read 3683 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 02:26:25 pm »

I see this topic has gone the way of the derp.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 03:43:42 pm »

okay so you found an example.  I can cite you examples of black slave owners.  Doesn't change the fact that slavery was overwhelmingly an issue of white oppression of blacks. 

I can find you examples of Jews cooperating with the Nazis.  I can find you examples of Native American's breaking treaties with the US government.

But claiming that this is a two way issue is the same as Trump's 'good people on both sides" or blaming the protesters for the shootings at Kent state. 
hahahahaha .... I swear some of you go so far out of your way to look for things to argue about that it's pretty obvious you haven't been laid in a looonnng time. Don't be afraid to pay for it!

I admitted it had nothing to do with the story and even deleted it from my comments. Not sure how much more you need me to grovel. Stroke had stressed that in his 42 years he had never seen such a thing and behold the following day one came out. Just thought I'd help him out. It really isn't a big deal.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:48:19 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 01:17:00 pm »

I'm with CF on this one, i think sexual harassment knows no gender or sexual orientation, and it's more to do about power than sex.

The reason that you see more women complaining about men probably because there are more men than women in positions of power that would garner news attention. Which is a different topic altogether.

That being said said with traditional gender roles being what they are, i'm very willing to guess that the ratio of male harassers to female harassers is probably greater than 20 to 1.

On a personal note, i'm sorry CF you had to experience that. At least in today's society you would have been able to report the harassment and have it taken with seriousness, rather than the ridicule you would have faced if you had reported it when you were much younger.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 02:47:14 pm »

^ According to some research I've seen, sexual harassment OF men / boys makes up maybe as much as 20%. The majority of that is a male harassing a male, though.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 03:48:59 pm »

On a personal note, i'm sorry CF you had to experience that. At least in today's society you would have been able to report the harassment and have it taken with seriousness, rather than the ridicule you would have faced if you had reported it when you were much younger.
The one when I was younger was very intimidating and everyone thought it funny. The last one wasn't all that bothersome as I knew I had that in my pocket if something were to actually happen.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »

Terry Crews - yes, the former NFL LB/DE turned actor - recently relayed that a high-level Hollywood exec brazenly groped his genitals (right in front of Crews' wife!) at a party.   Small expansions of Twitter shorthand follow:

"This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why? Because this kind of thing happened to ME.  My wife and I were at a Hollywood function last year and a high level Hollywood executive came over to me and groped my privates.  Jumping back I said, "What are you doing?!" My wife saw everything and we looked at him like he was crazy. He just grinned like a jerk.

I was going to kick his ass right then— but I thought twice about how the whole thing would appear.  “240 lbs. Black Man stomps out Hollywood Honcho” would be the headline the next day.  Only I probably wouldn’t have been able to read it because I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. So we left.

That night and the next day I talked to everyone I knew that worked with him about what happened.  He called me the next day with an apology but never really explained why he did what he did.  I decided not to take it further because I didn’t want to be ostracized— par for the course when the predator has power and influence.  I let it go.  And I understand why many women who this happens to let it go.  Who’s going to believe you? (few) What are the repercussions? (many) Do you want to work again? (Yes) Are you prepared to be ostracized? (No)

I love what I do.  But it’s a shame and the height of disappointment when someone tries to takes advantage of that.  He knows who he is.  But sometimes you have to wait & compare notes with others who’ve been victimized in order to gain a position of strength.  I understand and empathize with those who have remained silent.  But Harvey Weinstein is not the only perpetrator.  Hollywood is not the only business we’re this happens, and to the casualties of this behavior— you are not alone.  Hopefully, me coming forward with my story will deter a predator and encourage someone who feels hopeless."

---

If there are people out there who have the outright gall to assault someone like Terry Crews, all bets are off.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »

Order of frequency........

Men harassing women. Vast majority
Men harassing men. Common enough to be problem but a small fraction of above.
Women harassing women. Rare
Women harassing men.  Extremely rare.  But always gets plenty of press because of uniqueness and counterargument value.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 01:51:11 pm »

Order of frequency........

Men harassing women. Vast majority
Men harassing men. Common enough to be problem but a small fraction of above.
Women harassing women. Rare
Women harassing men.  Extremely rare.  But always gets plenty of press because of uniqueness and counterargument value.

I completely disagree. I work with women in authority and those who have none. If a woman has authority then there's a pretty good chance she has been "one of the boys" way more than some man sexually harassing another man. The gay population is minimal to begin with let alone the percentage in a power position. Now take a minimal percentage of that who might have harassed someone. Not very many I bet. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »

I completely disagree. I work with women in authority and those who have none. If a woman has authority then there's a pretty good chance she has been "one of the boys" way more than some man sexually harassing another man. The gay population is minimal to begin with let alone the percentage in a power position. Now take a minimal percentage of that who might have harassed someone. Not very many I bet. 

Richie incognito to the best of my knowdge is not gay but did engage in workplace harrassment. 

I have been called a pussy by male coworkers for respecting a female coworker and not raping her on our first date.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 02:08:49 pm »

Hoodie, if you are going to categorize that as "sexual harassment" (which is fair), then women spreading rumors about other women (in the workplace) in an effort to slut shame them would also be considered sexual harassment.  And if that's the case, I'd say that isn't "rare," but "very common" and approaching majority status.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 02:31:58 pm »

Richie incognito to the best of my knowdge is not gay but did engage in workplace harrassment. 

I have been called a pussy by male coworkers for respecting a female coworker and not raping her on our first date.
I thought we were referring to sexual harassment? You are talking about politically correct bullying or in my world ... giving you a hard time. My brothers and my friends would have kicked my arse if I had complained about guys busting my balls. That's part of being a guy ... or toxic masculinity to the millennials.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:51:38 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray