Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:14:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Net Neutrality Act repealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Net Neutrality Act repealed  (Read 7850 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 12:20:29 pm »

Fuck.  Reading OP's post again makes me so goddamn mad.  The misinformation is ridiculous.  The populace is so fucking stupid that they deserve to get fucked.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 12:20:59 pm »

It's insanity that almost the entire population of the U.S. doesn't want this and they're still pushing it through to fill their pocket.  Sickening.
There is a minimum of 20% of the population that is cheering this event because if Obama enacted Net Neutrality, it must be terrible.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 12:41:46 pm »

People just don't know what it is.  Please, giant corporations -- charge me more for something you don't even own to limit how I access this utility.

It's goddamn absurd.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 12:48:08 pm »

There is a minimum of 20% of the population that is cheering this event because if Obama enacted Net Neutrality, it must be terrible.
Which is terrible in itself.  I by no means was an Obama supporter, but even I know it's not about that.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 02:09:51 pm »

Yup.  Kinda reminds me of a discussion I had with one person who told me they were glad that Trump is repealing Obamacare because her premiums are so high.  I mentioned to her that the only reason she has health insurance at all is because of the AHCA.  She then checked with someone who worked there longer and the company had no health insurance before Obamacare.  She couldn't believe it. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 02:39:58 pm »

I'm waiting to see what the normal Trump supporters on here think about it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 02:56:35 pm »

I'm waiting to see what the normal Trump supporters on here think about it.

oxymoron
[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-]

1.  a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 03:39:20 pm »

Don't make the mistake of calling this a Trump supporter issue.  It's not.  It's a nobody issue.  Nobody supports this that actually really gets it.

Even if you voted for Trump, you didn't vote to fuck yourselves.  You got played.  Still support Trump...whatever...but be pissed about this, because you got sold out so that politicians could get paid off.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 03:48:21 pm »

It's really hard for me to get upset about something that hasn't happened. To the uninformed (and that's me) ... it's a "he said, she said" argument until something actually happens. Like I said I was perfectly fine in 2015 so if that is where we are headed I'm ok with it. If I have to pay more for movie channels, sports, social media or whatever then I will be pissed. As far as I can tell is that taxes will be removed from my internet service and government isn't involved.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »

^ Why do you think all these telecom companies are pushing to remove this legislation?

And this already started to happen before.  Companies like Netflix were starting to get strong-armed into working out deals with the telecom companies.

You WILL have to pay for this.  There is no might about it.  The telecom companies have power to charge the companies they work with for preferential treatment.  And that cost will be forwarded back to you.

Any bullshit you've been fed about lower taxes is exactly that...bullshit.  You're getting played for a fool.

It's also worse than just money.  It's access.  It's stunting technological growth.  You won't even see what you're missing.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 07:43:54 pm »

Like I said I was perfectly fine in 2015 so if that is where we are headed I'm ok with it. If I have to pay more for movie channels, sports, social media or whatever then I will be pissed.
If you have Netflix, you are already paying more.  Netflix has raised their prices several times since paying off Comcast.

As far as I can tell is that taxes will be removed from my internet service and government isn't involved.
There is no tax component of net neutrality.  None.  Net neutrality simply tells ISPs that they are not permitted to restrict access based on the destination of internet traffic.  They are required to treat all (legal) traffic equally.  That's it.

I see that you have made the point that you don't think repealing net neutrality will be that bad, but what is the actual argument in favor of repeal?  "This has no clear upside and I think the drastic potential downside is not very likely" is not exactly a compelling reason to change existing law.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 01:44:44 pm »

Don't make the mistake of calling this a Trump supporter issue.  It's not.  It's a nobody issue.  Nobody supports this that actually really gets it.

+1

I was watching the HLN news the other morning and they had a figure of 82% against the repeal.  This is not a Trump/Obama issue.  It's a corporate greed issue.  When do 82% of Americans agree on anything???
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »

When do 82% of Americans agree on anything???
Around 90% of Americans agree that there should be universal background checks on gun purchases.

That should tell you how much "the vast majority of Americans agree" means; i.e. nothing.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 06:31:48 pm »

Around 90% of Americans agree that there should be universal background checks on gun purchases.

That should tell you how much "the vast majority of Americans agree" means; i.e. nothing.

That's a very pessimistic statement, and a gross over exaggeration.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »

I think you are underestimating the impact of "Democrats want this thing, therefore I do not want this thing."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray