Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:52:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Destiny 2 - Anyone playing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2 - Anyone playing?  (Read 1074 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: December 18, 2017, 01:53:46 pm »

I'm not normally all that big on first person shooters and even less impressed with MMOFPS in general, but I'm loving Destiny 2. Now you should know I'm not a hard core player in terms of min-maxing gear, PVP or living solely on end game content etc. I enjoy the journey as much as the destination if not more in most cases. If you are a hard core min-maxer, PVPer or really only care about end game content and how much of it there is then maybe it's not for you. I've read a lot of negative stuff about some of that, but all of it just seems like a lot of whining for one reason or another and not really an accurate description of the game as a whole. It's the best MMOFPS that I've ever played. Not that I've played them all, I haven't but certainly doesn't seem to deserve the hate some are spewing. I must say that I'm not a fan of releasing new content as DLC, but on the other hand that's how it works these days. I paid $15 a month for WoW and the expansions because, well it was that good. I'm not sure I'm paying for the expansion, but I'm at least considering it. It's that good.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:56:46 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »

I'm not normally all that big on first person shooters and even less impressed with MMOFPS in general, but I'm loving Destiny 2. Now you should know I'm not a hard core player in terms of min-maxing gear, PVP or living solely on end game content etc. I enjoy the journey as much as the destination if not more in most cases. If you are a hard core min-maxer, PVPer or really only care about end game content and how much of it there is then maybe it's not for you. I've read a lot of negative stuff about some of that, but all of it just seems like a lot of whining for one reason or another and not really an accurate description of the game as a whole. It's the best MMOFPS that I've ever played. Not that I've played them all, I haven't but certainly doesn't seem to deserve the hate some are spewing. I must say that I'm not a fan of releasing new content as DLC, but on the other hand that's how it works these days. I paid $15 a month for WoW and the expansions because, well it was that good. I'm not sure I'm paying for the expansion, but I'm at least considering it. It's that good.
Destiny 1 got me salty by the time Destiny 2 came out.  Too many DLCs with very little added content, that they charge too much for.  "We have an all new alien race for you to fight!" which ends up being alt skins of already present races.

I'm waiting for Monster Hunter World on January 28th.  They're having another open beta this weekend if anyone is interested.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:15:32 pm »

I've never played it.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:05:35 pm »

Destiny 1 got me salty by the time Destiny 2 came out.  Too many DLCs with very little added content, that they charge too much for.  "We have an all new alien race for you to fight!" which ends up being alt skins of already present races.

I'm waiting for Monster Hunter World on January 28th.  They're having another open beta this weekend if anyone is interested.
Sorry, it's next weekend
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »

I've never played it.
You can play for free up to level 10. Just get the Blizzard launcher and install the game and play. If you like it, pay the man and keep playing. If you don't stop playing. I didn't purchase the game when it came out, I started playing for free and made it to level 8 and had to keep playing and purchased the full game.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray