Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:02:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pittsburgh-New England
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pittsburgh-New England  (Read 1632 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 18, 2017, 06:01:14 pm »

It's getting more and more difficult for me to follow the NFL as it is sickening to watch the Patriots get lucky and have the other teams hand them games.

I thought Pittsburgh had scored.

I thought James had caught the ball and gone to the ground, then, made a football move to extend the ball over the goal line.  I thought his making that extension meant he had completed the process of going to the ground.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:26:32 pm »

Steelers got tuck ruled.

It's pretty clear at this point that Belichek made a deal with the devil. Or he is the devil.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:28:18 am »

Steelers got tuck ruled.

It's pretty clear at this point that Belichek made a deal with the devil. Or he is the devil.

That was a BULLSHIT call and another perfect example of Bill BelliCHEAT and Kim Jong Goodell having the refs in their pocket to give New England another title.   If I was that Steelers receiver, I'd take my game check and put out a hit on that ref!!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 01:14:17 pm »

The rule is controversial but it was applied correctly given the current rule.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 01:41:13 pm »

The rule sucks but it is the rule. It was the rule before that play and it is still the rule after the play. New England and the refs had nothing to do with the call going that way. New England is not only good but they are one of the luckiest teams I've ever seen.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:44:08 pm »

It was a bad beat for pittsburgh but it was the correct call. the rule is pretty clear .. it wasn't a catch.
This isn't the call where detroit had a TD removed when Calvin started celebrating too soon after going to the ground .. this was a pretty clear cut case of it being not a TD
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:20:05 pm »

To me, he caught it, made a football move and the ball came out.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 01:57:08 am »

This one wasn't that close. My gut feeling "live" was that the ball came lose while he was going to the ground and reply showed that's exactly what happened. He was clearly going top the ground while making the catch so there's no way to make a football move. Just have to keep control of the ball all the way and he clearly didn't do that.

I'm not that down on the catch (non Calvin Johnson) rules. If much rather have the fumble out of the endzone enforced like fumbles out of bounds everywhere else.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray