Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:34:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The best _____ I've ate is....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The best _____ I've ate is....  (Read 1799 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: December 21, 2017, 11:59:24 am »

With the Holidays,and being completely dead,y underlings have been going back and forth all week debating the best food at this restaurant. It started with,I'm going home this weekend,and having my Grandma's sweet potato pie (or whatever), then someone retorting with, Have you ever had this places sweet potato pie? It's the best I ever had...

So with the Holidays,lot's of family get together's.

So what is the Best _______ you've ever ate?

It can be Grandma,Mom's,Dad's,or some restaurant...It can be anything you wish....pizza,dessert,ice cream,something you only eat at the holidays...(I'd prefer it not be a Beer,or Coffee debate,as it seems like that one tends to get somewhat personal)

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:01:45 pm »

The 1st thing that comes to mind for me...

Cannolis- The best Cannoli I've ever hate is from Naples Bakery 95th street Evergreen park Il.  (A little too much family history Embarrassed )

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:14:27 pm »

The best steak I've ever had was from Ruth Chris.

I don't eat at fancy steakhouses.  I'm perfectly happy at Outback or a steak from home.  But one time, we went there and I couldn't believe how much better it was than any other steak I've ever had.  The cut of meat is simply better than I would ever get from a grocery store, cooked perfectly, seasoned minimally.

It was a perfect steak.  And one that I wouldn't have believed existed because I thought the stuff at home was just as good.  It's not.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:13:01 pm »

i've eaten at ruth chris and it was ok, but they wet age and it wasn't the same as NY prime where they dry age.

the best orange juice i've ever had was at a waffle house next to our hotel in tampa after a 5:30 hour extra innings rays / red sox game where i had a tropicana logo in my field of vision the whole time.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 01:14:34 pm »

The best steak I've ever had was from Ruth Chris.

I don't eat at fancy steakhouses.  I'm perfectly happy at Outback or a steak from home.  But one time, we went there and I couldn't believe how much better it was than any other steak I've ever had.  The cut of meat is simply better than I would ever get from a grocery store, cooked perfectly, seasoned minimally.

It was a perfect steak.  And one that I wouldn't have believed existed because I thought the stuff at home was just as good.  It's not.
Best Steak:  Charlie's Steakhouse...I could pretty much take Dave's assessment of Ruth Chris and apply it to Charlie's.  Both high end.

Best Hotdogs:  Mel's (as discussed in a previous thread)

Best Ribs:  An old black lady selling them off the side of the road in East Bradenton.  My dad made his own smokehouse and is quite the cook, and still couldn't hold a candle to that ladies ribs.

Best Collard Greens:  See best Ribs.

Best Sushi:  Place called Tokyo Sushi down the road from me in Tampa.

Mexican food in general:  Taco Sun...if you know what Taco Bus is, these are the original owners before they sold it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:27:34 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 11:19:55 am »

French Toast - Jojo's? in California.My Mom used to make french toast when I was a kid,I hated it.When I lived with my father (kidnapped) in California,the housekeeper/nanny lady took me to Jojo's,and had me eat theirs....She would sneak me there every once in awhile,as a reward for being good.I just remember it being like a huge piece of cake,drenched in maple syrup,and powdered sugar.

Tamales -Elotes Don Toño food truck locally,white corn masa harina with chicken and pork...

Cake - Step-Mom used to make this sugar free cake roll,thing...Think Giant Little Debbie Swiss roll.

Fish- My Brother's deep fried freshly caught bass.We'd catch it,come off the boat,clean the fish,Then send me off to do some nasty job (like clean up all the fish guts,heads,area where they were cleaned).My brother would lite the outdoor fryer,and fry them up,with his secret recipe. Cry

That is all I've got at the moment...

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 12:07:40 pm »

I read the headline and my brain immediately started to remember their names...

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 01:50:39 pm »

LOL you nasty....
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »

The best Gyro I've ate is from Bill's on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, my first stop every time I go to AC.

The best kielbasa is from Kutsop's Deli in Olyphant, PA.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 11:53:39 am »

The best calzone I have had was from Mac and Bob's .
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 11:11:24 am »

That is a comment I would expect from sunstroke not you

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 12:44:04 pm »

The best calzone I have had was from Mac and Bob's .
Are you sure?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 07:25:41 pm »

That is a comment I would expect from sunstroke not you
I wanted to give a shoutout to Sunstroke when I made the comment.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray