Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:25:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Your 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your 2017  (Read 1567 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 31, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »

Mine was horrible.

It started badly at my New Year's party when I got into a fight with my friends.

It got worse when the Patriots won the Super Bowl in February

Then, one of my closest friends cut me off in August.

Of course, Miami having a bad season didn't help one bit.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:09:07 pm »

It's January 2018, I'm alive,in ok health,and I have a roof over my head...2017,I survived...Here is to a good 2018,may I say the same thing in 2019...Happy New Year

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:37 pm »

It wasn't a great year, wasn't a bad year.  Starting the year behind on things, so hopefully things will get off to fast start!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:11:23 pm »

2017 was pretty good for me.

My parent's situation was pretty rough.  They are slipping and sick.  We try to help them, but they're resistant.  It's frustrating and they are sometimes shells of who they used to be.

My work has been really good.  I have a fun but also respectful relationship with my boss, my fellow managers, and my staff.  I'm really happy with this part of my life over the last year.  It's stressful as can be on some occasions, but I always manage.

I spent a lot of 2017 looking for and ultimately buying a house right at the end.  So, most of my efforts since have been on getting that worked out.

Friend-wise, I've gotten most of my social interaction through playing co-op video games at night.  I get to BS with friends, but while being able to stay home and put my kids to bed and cook dinner and stuff.   I'm enjoying it.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:14 pm »

My parent's situation was pretty rough.  They are slipping and sick.  We try to help them, but they're resistant.  It's frustrating and they are sometimes shells of who they used to be.

My parents are the same way.  My dad is very strict and is big on respect.  Now, in his older age, he's becoming a grump and stubborn.  My mom never really moved on since my sister passed a few years back.  She seems like she's given up, always talking about not being around and "seeing my sister".  I know it's terrible to say, and I still talk to them as much as possible, but it's incredibly depressing to visit or talk to them.  It's hard to move on when everything is so sad with them, and they also aren't going to be around much longer.  I just wish in their twilight they enjoyed life a little more, travel more, etc.

Other than that, everything else has been up to par or better.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 02:19:11 pm »

It was the beast of Thames, it was the wurst of Thames...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »

My 2017 wasn't the greatest but at least my family had good health. As long as that is there then it's always possibel to improve!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 03:42:35 am »

Yeah my 2017 was very similar. The health of my elderly mother (living with my brother & sister in law who's a professional carer) has been steadily slipping, especially her mind. She is very weak, and I have no idea if she will make it through this year.

Outside of that my year was pretty good. Health and work was okay, nothing especially good or bad, same with my personal life.

Outside of the Dolphins, my football teams did especially well, frustratingly close to a perfect year. Sturt won all the major premierships of the local SANFL competition (league, reserves, under 18s), while the Adelaide Crows womens tean won the inaugural national AFLW competition. After leading the mens AFL competition for most of the year and capturing the minor premiership trophy, the Crows mens team saved their worst performance of the year for the Grand Final and was soundly beaten by Richmond. It was a crushing finish to the year for this great group of guys, since their coach was murdered by his son a few years ago they are incredibly close and this seemed to be their time. Instead it was a blown opportunity, and may well have been the last chance for at least a few of the guys to win an AFL Premiership.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray