Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:56:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Year - 2017 Season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Year - 2017 Season  (Read 8385 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 31, 2017, 09:30:39 pm »

Adam Gase

This team had just about everything possible go its way this year.  The Chargers missed a field goal.  Gronk got suspended.

Signing Cutler and not starting Moore was stupid.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:24:51 am »

Adam Gase

This team had just about everything possible go its way this year.  The Chargers missed a field goal.  Gronk got suspended.

Everything go its way? WTF are you talking about??? Did you forget

1) Losing starting QB  3 days into Training camp
2) Hurricane forcing team to leave their home base and fly to California
3) Losing their BYE week
4) Not having their first home game till October
5) Having one less home game cause they had to play in London due to winning a Super Bowl bid
6) Starting LB goes AWOL before first game of the season
7) O-line coach gets caught doing drugs on his desk

Should I continue because there is more. Everything that could go wrong went wrong this year. Miami didn't catch a damn break all season. Not crying about it but let's not say everything went the teams way this year. Get a clue!! And if you think if Miami started Moore from day one they would have won more games you are truly delusional. Moore was a part-time player this year and he missed games to injury, if he started from day 1 he wouldn't have made it out of September probably healthy and it would have been the David Fales show.

You are one delusional fan who has no idea what you are talking about
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:27:21 am by Baba Booey » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:30:25 am »

Adam Gase

I nominate Gase too, but for quite different reasons.

As this season went on I got the strong the feeling that he just got lucky in his first year and took advantage of the soft draw (like Sparano). He showed some Philbin-like traits of a coach way out of their depth, seriously poor play calling on the field, and signs that he was losing support of (at least some of) the team (unlike Sparano). There were too many players who either flat out refused to do what they were asked, or who did not understand what they had to do: either way, that's extremely poor coaching. All the penalties the team racked up during the year (second most in the NFL up to week 17) also point to poor discipline and coaching.

Then there was the handling of Ajayi which was nothing short of ridiculous: the team MVP last year, but half a season later he's thrown under a bus because the coach wanted to make a high profile example. Asked about what happened, Ajayi said he was totally blindsided by the move: he knew he had things to work on, but was told the team was there to support him and work through those issues. Then without warning he is traded to the Eagles. Wow, what a disrespctful way to treat the 2016 Dan Marino award winner: that must really have impressed the rest of the team, not to mention any potential recruits...

Next year will be crucial for Gase - if they don't rebound from what happened to this year he is in serious trouble, I can see more players giving up on the team if this form continues and things will spiral rapidly downward from there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:46:52 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 04:21:18 pm »

Everything go its way? WTF are you talking about??? Did you forget

1) Losing starting QB  3 days into Training camp
2) Hurricane forcing team to leave their home base and fly to California
3) Losing their BYE week
4) Not having their first home game till October
5) Having one less home game cause they had to play in London due to winning a Super Bowl bid
6) Starting LB goes AWOL before first game of the season
7) O-line coach gets caught doing drugs on his desk

Should I continue because there is more. Everything that could go wrong went wrong this year. Miami didn't catch a damn break all season. Not crying about it but let's not say everything went the teams way this year. Get a clue!! And if you think if Miami started Moore from day one they would have won more games you are truly delusional. Moore was a part-time player this year and he missed games to injury, if he started from day 1 he wouldn't have made it out of September probably healthy and it would have been the David Fales show.

You are one delusional fan who has no idea what you are talking about

Let's go over the breaks Miami got this season.

1) The Chargers missed an easy field goal that would have won the game in the first game of the season.
2) The Dolphins recovered THREE onside kicks this season.  That is almost unheard of for a season.
3) Gronk got suspended for the second game against the Patriots.  I have always said that if I could pick one player to sit out  against the Patriots, it would be Gronk, not Brady.  Looks like that was a wise comment by me.
4) They got the help they needed from other teams.  If they had defeated the Chiefs, they would still have been in the playoff race on the last week of the season
5) The fluke play against the Titans that decided the game.  Those are the kind of breaks Miami usually doesn't get
6) Oh wait, that fluke play in the first Patriots game, that gave Miami it's first TD
7) Oh wait again, how about Matt Ryan throwing that interception in the Falcons game

For you to say Miami did not catch break all season is quite preposterous.

To say I am delusional is also preposterous.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:38:33 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 06:10:01 pm »

As this season went on I got the strong the feeling that he just got lucky in his first year and took advantage of the soft draw (like Sparano).
Because this comes up often:

During 2008, in the games determined by the Dolphins' 4th place finish in the previous season (vs. BAL, @HOU) MIA went 0-2.
During 2016, in the games determined by the Dolphins' 4th place finish in the previous season (vs. TEN, @SD) MIA went 1-1.

The advantage of a "soft schedule" based on place-of-finish is highly overblown.

You can make an argument for the inter- and intra-conference division pairings, but those are wild year-to-year swings.  At the beginning of this season, everyone thought the AFCW was going to be incredibly tough and the NFCS was going to be a bunch of bums.  The opposite occurred.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:53:44 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:54:50 pm »

Let's go over the breaks Miami got this season.

1) The Chargers missed an easy field goal that would have won the game in the first game of the season.
2) The Dolphins recovered THREE onside kicks this season.  That is almost unheard of for a season.
3) Gronk got suspended for the second game against the Patriots.  I have always said that if I could pick one player to sit out  against the Patriots, it would be Gronk, not Brady.  Looks like that was a wise comment by me.
4) They got the help they needed from other teams.  If they had defeated the Chiefs, they would still have been in the playoff race on the last week of the season
5) The fluke play against the Titans that decided the game.  Those are the kind of breaks Miami usually doesn't get
6) Oh wait, that fluke play in the first Patriots game, that gave Miami it's first TD
7) Oh wait again, how about Matt Ryan throwing that interception in the Falcons game

For you to say Miami did not catch break all season is quite preposterous.

To say I am delusional is also preposterous.

Recovering onside kicks and missed field goals are catching a break? THAT'S FOOTBALL!! By that logic every team caught a break as every team had missed field goals against them.

Fluke play in the Titans game? WHAT FLUKE PLAY? Miami won the game straight up there was nothing crazy in that game.

Miami lost the 1st Patriots game how could a "fluke" play "give them a break" that helped them?

Matt Ryan interception....Miami's defense made a play that isn't a "break".

So whenever Miami does something good we got lucky and its a break??? That is moronic. And YES you are delusional.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:14:44 pm »

Tannihill.  Due is one of the highest paid players on the team and the bum didn't take a single snap all season.   He is a bum.😁

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 02:15:03 am »

Moore is a career backup for a reason. You are a delusional fan.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 11:02:56 am »

I'll give it to Gase as well, even though I have no dog in this fight.  You had way too many players behaving unprofessionally both on and off the field.  Lawrence Timmons, Rey Maualuga, Jarvis Landry and Kenyan Drake are my best examples.

This article in The Miami Herald explains it all

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article192469594.html#0
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:34:30 am by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:46:44 pm »

Parker.  He was supposed to be in the same conversation as A.J. Green, Antonio Bryant and Julio Jones this year.  Instead, he played like a giant pussy all year and couldn't stay healthy yet again.

HM to D4L for not understanding the dynamics of football for the entire year...I know we're not supposed to put other users on blast, but it's my new direction.  What do you guys think of my new direction?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:55:01 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 01:40:57 pm »

This team had just about everything possible go its way this year. 

Thanks for one final belly laugh to send me off into the post season.  You ended on a high note.  Thanks for all the entertainment this year.  With my hopes for the Fins next year being really low, your continued unintentional hilarity gives me something to look forward to next season. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 01:51:20 pm »

Thanks for one final belly laugh to send me off into the post season.  You ended on a high note.  Thanks for all the entertainment this year.  With my hopes for the Fins next year being really low, your continued unintentional hilarity gives me something to look forward to next season. 
His posts are like Sharknado...absolutely terrible, but you can't help but enjoy them.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 02:22:53 pm »

Adam Gase, for the sole reason that I'm sure he was behind the $10M waste of salary cap money paid to Cutler.  Cutler was Cutler, great sometimes, god awful other times.

Dishonorable mention to Tannehill, who should have had surgery a year ago.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 03:03:26 pm »

Let's suppose you keep Moore instead of Cutler.  How do you spend that $10M instead?  Is the team any better with Ross saving $10M + Moore?

I give my SOTY to Jay Ajayi.  He was doing terrible when he was in MIA this season, and his uncoachability led to him being traded for peanuts.  Drake clearly did better than Ajayi after taking over for him.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 05:15:16 pm »

Adam Gase, for the sole reason that I'm sure he was behind the $10M waste of salary cap money paid to Cutler.  Cutler was Cutler, great sometimes, god awful other times.

Dishonorable mention to Tannehill, who should have had surgery a year ago.

If Tannehill had surgery a year ago, he wouldn't have played this year as its a 10-12 month recovery. Him not having surgery really didn't matter.

And the $10 mill meant nothing. It was on the cap and now its off. It really did mean nothing in the end. Not like they signed Cutler for 3 years it was a one year deal
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray