Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - 2017 season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - 2017 season  (Read 1170 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:40 pm »

The sideline cat against Baltimore

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:13:41 pm »

Is this a serious thread? A black cat?

The level of conversation around here is really dipping
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 07:33:51 pm »

Are we not allowed to make jokes to express our disappointment at another bad season?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:10:01 pm »

Kenyan Drake really stepped up.  Landry continues to play hard week in and week out.  Some of the younger guys on defense showed some growth over the season, hopefully they will build upon that in 2018.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 08:16:58 pm »

Are we not allowed to make jokes to express our disappointment at another bad season?

jokes are funny. Your posts aren't. To start a thread to just bash the team is a waste of time and space on this site
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 08:29:15 pm »

To address this thread seriously, I think it has to be a defender for me.

Wake turned in another year of double-digit sacks, which at age 36 is an accomplishment.  He has been one of the rocks of this team in the post-Zach/JT-era.
Reshad was a consistent playmaker and is the lone Pro Bowler on the team.
But I think I'm going to give my award to Suh, who performs at an elite level week in and week out.  Say what you want about his huge contract, but MIA is getting everything they could have wanted from him.  The problems on this team are not due to his play.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 12:24:47 am »

To address this thread seriously, I think it has to be a defender for me.

Wake turned in another year of double-digit sacks, which at age 36 is an accomplishment.  He has been one of the rocks of this team in the post-Zach/JT-era.
Reshad was a consistent playmaker and is the lone Pro Bowler on the team.
But I think I'm going to give my award to Suh, who performs at an elite level week in and week out.  Say what you want about his huge contract, but MIA is getting everything they could have wanted from him.  The problems on this team are not due to his play.

Agree with this in full. Suh played at an elite level week in and week out, his leadership off the field apparently has been outstanding too - I can't argue with those reasons for him getting Dan Marino MVP award this year.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 09:05:41 pm »

Defense is 29th in the league in pts/game allowed and people still think it's the defense that deserves the credit. I just don't get it. The fact that Miami has 3 players like Suh, Wake and Jones and still finished 29th in pts/game is why I can't give them anything. They absolutely SHOULD be MUCH MUCH better.

The offense lost their starting QB before the season started, lost the backup QB for a couple games in the middle, played the last game of the year with essentially their 4th string QB and traded away their starting RB a few games into the year and still finished with a better ranking in pts/game. I don't know what you expect from them. If the offense had 3 pro bowl caliber players and ranked 28th in points/game they wouldn't deserve shit.

I'll give the game ball for the season to Landry. He's the only one that really played up to his potential the whole year in my humble opinion. Honorable mention goes to Suh and Drake and I considered Drake but he didn't get a chance till after Ajayi left, so I gave the nod to Landry. I'd be willing to give more credit to Wake if he didn't play next to Suh. In my opinion Suh has kept Wake's career afloat, but if he were really as good as people think he is, he should dominate playing next to Suh and he doesn't. Sure he gets his sacks, but nothing else. He doesn't produce any turnovers (no fumbles caused or recovered and I don't think any tipped balls either) and almost nothing in the run game. He's a complete non factor when he doesn't get a sack.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:46:23 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 10:22:18 pm »

GB goes to the Towel Boy Roll Eyes

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 10:26:47 pm »

Defense is 29th in the league in pts/game allowed and people still think it's the defense that deserves the credit. I just don't get it. The fact that Miami has 3 players like Suh, Wake and Jones and still finished 29th in pts/game is why I can't give them anything. They absolutely SHOULD be MUCH MUCH better.

The offense lost their starting QB before the season started, lost the backup QB for a couple games in the middle, played the last game of the year with essentially their 4th string QB and traded away their starting RB a few games into the year and still finished with a better ranking in pts/game. I don't know what you expect from them. If the offense had 3 pro bowl caliber players and ranked 28th in points/game they wouldn't deserve shit.

I'll give the game ball for the season to Landry. He's the only one that really played up to his potential the whole year in my humble opinion. Honorable mention goes to Suh and Drake and I considered Drake but he didn't get a chance till after Ajayi left, so I gave the nod to Landry. I'd be willing to give more credit to Wake if he didn't play next to Suh. In my opinion Suh has kept Wake's career afloat, but if he were really as good as people think he is, he should dominate playing next to Suh and he doesn't. Sure he gets his sacks, but nothing else. He doesn't produce any turnovers (no fumbles caused or recovered and I don't think any tipped balls either) and almost nothing in the run game. He's a complete non factor when he doesn't get a sack.

Miami's defense isn't championship caliber.  They don't give you the confidence you need. 

I remember when Drake fumbled against Oakland, my spirits fell because I KNEW the defense was going to give a touchdown on the next drive. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray