Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:16:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  ESPN article on Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: ESPN article on Patriots  (Read 4555 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« on: January 04, 2018, 09:07:14 pm »

8am tomorrow morning a big article on the Patriots coming out. How Kraft/Belichick/Brady don't get along and this may be their last year together. Brady went to Kraft and forced the JimmyG trade to SF as he wanted him out of town. Belichick didn't. Also Brady may have forced the Brisett trade to Indy as well to get him out of town. Apparently the 3 main parties fight over who gets credit behind the scenes for the franchises success. Nobody likes each other any more. Bits and pieces are leaking out should be a good read tomorrow morning
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:45:32 pm »

Patriots are a disfunctional team mired in internal strife cause such paralysis that the team lost three games this year. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:33:57 am »

Patriots are a disfunctional team mired in internal strife cause such paralysis that the team lost three games this year. 

i think the point is this has been growing over time and its at the tipping point and the breakup is on the verge of happening
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:38:46 am »

Excellent article...thanks.

If anyone is interested, there is a graphic in the article below about the difference in the 49ers offense after Jimmy G took over at QB. I've seen a lot of teams improve by adding a key player, but the difference between the numbers in this case are pretty ridiculous.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/29986/by-the-numbers-jimmy-garoppolo-made-49ers-better-at-everything

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:05:11 am »

Excellent article...thanks.

If anyone is interested, there is a graphic in the article below about the difference in the 49ers offense after Jimmy G took over at QB. I've seen a lot of teams improve by adding a key player, but the difference between the numbers in this case are pretty ridiculous.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/29986/by-the-numbers-jimmy-garoppolo-made-49ers-better-at-everything

Amazing the impact he has had on defense too.

VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:50:05 am »

If Belichick is the mastermind and Brady excels due to the system than what happens when everyone leaves?

2 coordinators could be gone and Belichick himself. Is Brady that great to exist without those guys? Without the system? And who takes over that division? Do the Bills come back and run the division like they did in the 90s?

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 09:53:09 am »

Aside from a Super Bowl win for my 49ers, or maybe learning that Jerry Jones is a transvestite, nothing would make me happier than watching Belichick retire after the season.

Amazing the impact he has had on defense too.

Obviously, any time you improve your offense and keep it on the field longer, it will have a positive effect on the defense.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 11:30:08 am »

If Belichick is the mastermind and Brady excels due to the system than what happens when everyone leaves?

2 coordinators could be gone and Belichick himself. Is Brady that great to exist without those guys? Without the system? And who takes over that division? Do the Bills come back and run the division like they did in the 90s?

If Belichick leaves I would expect Josh McD will likely take over as HC.  Brady is going to decline not because of coaching changes but because he is getting old.

I do full expect in the next few years NE will cease dominating the AFCE, kinda surprised how long it has lasted. 

That being said, the article contains much bullshit, obviously written with a goal of maximizing clicks than accuracy, to wit the claim that Belichick ripping Brady in a meeting for mistakes is somehow new.  The same news source had a lengthy piece in which Randy Moss described Brady getting torn apart for mistakes and how nobody is above criticism, including that context doesn't fit the narrative of the story so they claim it is new.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 11:37:01 am »

Personally I think this story is bogus. The three of them didn't get where they are being as stupid as this makes them look.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 12:56:30 pm »

Personally I think this story is bogus. The three of them didn't get where they are being as stupid as this makes them look.

There's where our roads branch off, because I don't see them being made to look stupid...just human.

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 02:16:31 pm »

There's where our roads branch off, because I don't see them being made to look stupid...just human.

Kraft forcing Belichick to trade Garoppolo. Brady gets overjoyed at practice once he heard the news and gave Kraft a hug to say thanks for supporting him? Seems pretty stupid to me considering all they have accomplished under Belichick. If it is true then is is even dumber. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 02:28:26 pm »

Kraft forcing Belichick to trade Garoppolo. Brady gets overjoyed at practice once he heard the news and gave Kraft a hug to say thanks for supporting him? Seems pretty stupid to me considering all they have accomplished under Belichick. If it is true then is is even dumber. 

I think it is just me being a little more cynical about human behavior than you are.

Frankly, the whole "hugged him at practice after hearing the news" bit sounds like made-up bushwah to me...

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 05:30:33 pm »

I think it is just me being a little more cynical about human behavior than you are.

Frankly, the whole "hugged him at practice after hearing the news" bit sounds like made-up bushwah to me...

Maybe I'm giving the trio too much credit but most of it sounds made up to me.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 05:59:20 pm »

Reports now out that Belichick is helping prepare McDaniels and Patrica with their job interviews. Something Belichick has never done before with assistants of his (help them prepare for job interviews as head coaches.)

And reports out the Giants and Belichick are making eyes at each other and Belichick may want to go back to New York to end his career.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 12:46:02 pm »

Reports now out that Belichick is helping prepare McDaniels and Patrica with their job interviews. Something Belichick has never done before with assistants of his (help them prepare for job interviews as head coaches.)

And reports out the Giants and Belichick are making eyes at each other and Belichick may want to go back to New York to end his career.

Considering he helped Parcells win the Giants two Super Bowls, that's not surprising.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray