Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:26:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Things I Used To Say
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things I Used To Say  (Read 1730 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: January 08, 2018, 12:22:19 pm »

Some of the guys will tell you that when we worked together, I'd always yell at myself if i broke something (coding) or something didn't work as planned.. those sort of things. And I would always say 'Damn it, Chuck'... Even made it my Windows error sound (vs the standard 'bong' sound)..

Since i've been a dad, i noticed I've changed it, and other sayings, so now when something happens I say 'oh, Daddy' or 'Daddy, what did you do?'  - So I still refer to myself, just as Daddy and no cursing   Smiley

What have any of you dad's changed now that kids are around?

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:12:54 pm »

I call my wife "mom" now, which is totally weird and not something I would've ever thought I'd do.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:36 pm »

VPOTUS refers to his wife as "Mother," so you have company, Dave.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:02:10 pm »

I call my wife "mom" all the time. When you have kids it becomes normal as that's how you refer to her all the time.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:50:46 pm »

Do you call your wife "Mom" in the company of adults?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:35:17 pm »

I call her mom in our house when pertaining to the kids.  It’s almost as if it’s a title.  I’d say “Mom, Campbell needs money for her field trip.”  I will do this regardless of other adults around.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 10:09:07 am »

Me too. My kids are almost 21 and it hasn't stopped. I also have a few things I say in "kid-speak". I've said things as my kids did, or how we said things to them, so long that they have kind of stuck.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:53:28 pm »

I never changed my language even when my kids were little and they often heard me use some bad language (not too terrible). I figured they heard worse in school, from friends, on TV etc. If you raise them right you really don't need to worry too much about them hearing you curse. Instilling your values in them is far more important to their becoming adults you can be proud of than a few choice words now and again on their virgin ears will corrupt them.

I find it hilarious now when I hear them say things I used to say or they make "Dad" jokes and I get to make fun of them like they used to make fun of me. What goes around comes around.  Evil
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:55:51 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray