Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:59:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jarvis Landry Contract
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Poll
Question: What do you think we should do with Landry and his pending contract?
It's OK to overpay for him because he is an important part of the team   -5 (23.8%)
Stand fast and only pay him if he is willing to accept reasonable money   -6 (28.6%)
Let him go to someone else. He is too immature and costs us too many penalties   -2 (9.5%)
Franchise tag him if he won't accept market value   -8 (38.1%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Jarvis Landry Contract  (Read 15166 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2018, 11:13:43 am »

I don't blame him for the 5 yard receptions.  He doesn't call the plays.  Dude just runs the routes that he is told to run. 
I agree. They have tried to spread him out but didn't he didn't have the same success. Kenny Stills is much better than he is outside of the slot.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:42:46 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2018, 01:02:33 pm »

Dude, he had 5 penalties all year, and only 2 were 15 yarders.  Perception is not reality.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/j-landry-miami-dolphins?year=2017
Dude, he ain't worth $16M a year. $8-$9M, maybe $10M. Anything more and it would be better spent elsewhere. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2018, 01:07:16 pm »

Dude, he ain't worth $16M a year. $8-$9M, maybe $10M. Anything more and it would be better spent elsewhere. 
I don't disagree with that, just the penalty part.  I don't want to pay him 16 mil, but not terribly upset if they do.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2018, 01:18:11 pm »

I don't disagree with that, just the penalty part.  I don't want to pay him 16 mil, but not terribly upset if they do.
Just a joke about the penalties. But they were just frustrating as fuck. I think dude has some attitude issues. He ain't as good as he thinks he is in my opinion.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2018, 01:44:05 pm »

Just a joke about the penalties. But they were just frustrating as fuck. I think dude has some attitude issues. He ain't as good as he thinks he is in my opinion.
To your point, there were a bunch of times I was surprised he didn't get called for a penalty for taunting and the like.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2018, 08:01:12 pm »

Dude, he had 5 penalties all year, and only 2 were 15 yarders.  Perception is not reality.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/j-landry-miami-dolphins?year=2017

Sounds like the ugly stepsister to the old "LeBron gets many triple-doubles, but a lot of them are counting turnovers" nonsense.

Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2018, 03:15:18 am »

Franchise tag him if he doesn't accept a fair offer.

Can a team still trade a player that is under franchise tag? And since Miami waited to the last minute now he can also just walk away right? And we don't get crap. Unless there is a team that really wants him and offers Miami a trade, with Landry agreeing to restructure.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2018, 09:31:14 am »

Can a team still trade a player that is under franchise tag? And since Miami waited to the last minute now he can also just walk away right? And we don't get crap. Unless there is a team that really wants him and offers Miami a trade, with Landry agreeing to restructure.
No team wants him under the tag as he can leave next year. Basically Landry will have to agree to a long term contract with another team in order for them to take him ... so Landry is in still in control as far as a trade goes. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2018, 04:52:21 pm »

At this point with Sammy Watkins a free agent, the market for Wideouts is pretty decent. So, why break the bank for a slot receiver AND give up draft compensation?

Unless we settle for a 4th rounder AND Landry comes to his senses and takes $10 Million annually, he will be a Dolphin next season and we won't make the franchise tag mistake again.

Even though we appear to do that every year.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2018, 05:55:26 pm »

I read an AP report today that Landry has signed the franchise tag tender, so he will either be in Miami making $16M next year, or Miami could trade him next week when the league year starts.  I find it unlikely that another team is so desperate for a WR to pay him the kind of money he wants (which is like $14M/year guaranteed for 3 years).  I believe Miami has offered $12M per year, which is very reasonable IMO.

There really seems to have been a shift in the NFL with regards to paying RB's & WR's in the last several years.  With the way rookie contracts work many teams seem to think these players can be easily, and cheaply, replaced via the draft; and are placing more emphasis on paying for solid OL & DL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray