Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:01:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Too Early?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Too Early?  (Read 3076 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: February 02, 2018, 11:09:31 am »

Is it too early to throw Roquan Smith's name out there for a possible 1st round pick by the Fins?   Although more experienced at MLB, he has the speed, agility, and good tackling skills to easily move into an OLB spot and immediately be a big upgrade at covering TEs and RBs in pass coverage.  He needs to put on 10 to 15 pounds of muscle to help him fight off blocks at the NFL level, but he could be an immediate starter at a position that was shown time and time again to be a HUGE weakness for the Fins last year.  His speed and skill set would make him a 3 down player which is also nice. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 11:21:53 am »

Not too early.  Only too early to discuss the draft if you are a fan of NE or Philly. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:21:48 pm »

I'm in. But my mind immediately tries to come up with a nickname for Roquan and Raekwon and I got nothin'.  Angry
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:24:08 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 03:29:50 pm »

^^^ I'm sure there would be a Quantum Leap in the defensive ranking.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 03:42:30 pm »

I like Roquan, but not sure he is Miami's most pressing need at this point.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 07:10:00 pm »

Only 80 days until the draft!

There are six or seven O-Lineman that could go in the first round, I wouldn't be surprised if a team moved into Miami's spot to get a QB (Buffalo, Jets, etc.) and Miami moves down and takes one of the available lineman.

C - Billy Price, Ohio
OG - Mike McGlinchey, N.D.
OG - Quenten Nelson, N.D.
OT - Isaiah Wynn
OT - Connor Williams, Texas
OT - Orlando Brown

Any of these guys could fill a guard spot.  I like Price because he could fill in if Pouncey gets back on the injury wagon; not to mention the Bills need a center and I don't want to see them get him.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:29:36 pm by masterfins » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 07:24:10 pm »

Hmmm, is that because San Fran has their eye on him?   Roll Eyes
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:06 am »

Maybe.  But I keep having flashbacks to Alonso looking foolish in pass coverage all year.  TE's and RB's just owned him all year.  Although I guess the way his contract is structured, they are kind of stuck with him.  I do expect them to cut ties with Timmons.  I just like Roquan's ability to play strongly against both the run and the pass. 

I will agree with you enough to say that if someone else from a position of need for the Dolphins drops from maybe a top 5 expected draft position down to the Dolphins then they should consider someone else.  We'll see.  Draft stocks will continue to rise and fall between now and draft day. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 09:16:37 am »

Hmmm, is that because San Fran has their eye on him?   Roll Eyes

Nah...I like him, and he'd probably look really good next to Reuben, but LB isn't a first round need for SF either at this point. I'm kind of holding out for one of 4 first round players:

1) OG Quenton Nelson
2) FS Minkah Fitzpatrick
3) CB Denzel Ward
4) DE Bradley Chubb

Sadly, I won't be surprised if those four players go in the 8 picks before SF's turn at the podium.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 01:00:03 pm »

Yeah...defensive needs are pretty high up there at R1.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 01:02:21 pm »

Nah...I like him, and he'd probably look really good next to Reuben, but LB isn't a first round need for SF either at this point. I'm kind of holding out for one of 4 first round players:

1) OG Quenton Nelson
2) FS Minkah Fitzpatrick
3) CB Denzel Ward
4) DE Bradley Chubb

Sadly, I won't be surprised if those four players go in the 8 picks before SF's turn at the podium.

I'm praying to the football gods that Chubb slips to #7 and the Bucs snatch him up.  They badly need an every down DE who can set the edge on runs and disrupt the backfield on passes.  No other need is greater

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 12:00:31 pm »

Only 80 days until the draft!

There are six or seven O-Lineman that could go in the first round, I wouldn't be surprised if a team moved into Miami's spot to get a QB (Buffalo, Jets, etc.) and Miami moves down and takes one of the available lineman.

C - Billy Price, Ohio
OG - Mike McGlinchey, N.D.
OG - Quenten Nelson, N.D.
OT - Isaiah Wynn
OT - Connor Williams, Texas
OT - Orlando Brown

Any of these guys could fill a guard spot.  I like Price because he could fill in if Pouncey gets back on the injury wagon; not to mention the Bills need a center and I don't want to see them get him.

Cross Price off the list, he injured himself at the combine.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 02:58:52 pm »

Cross Price off the list, he injured himself at the combine.

Uggg, I hate it for these kids when that happens.  Or when they blow out a knee or something during their last college game.  Just a damn shame.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray