Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:53:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  #GetMeToMiami - the QB draft question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: #GetMeToMiami - the QB draft question  (Read 8477 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:19:24 pm »

So I'm assuming everyone has heard about Baker Mayfield's #GetMeToMiami tweet to Kenny Stills about wanting to be in Miami.  This got me to thinking ... Do you want us to draft a QB and if so, who and when would you like to see wearing the ugly teal next year?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:49:36 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:50:35 pm »

No, I want Miami to draft O-line and other need positions to help Tannehill win games.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 03:20:59 pm »

Not in the 1st rd,or 2nd rd,or even the 3rd rd..

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 04:24:03 pm »

I wouldn't be upset.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 08:59:34 am »

Defense please.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 06:59:14 am »

Yes. Dear God yes, please.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 11:15:16 am »

Dolphins have bigger needs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 11:23:58 am »

Not in the 1st rd,or 2nd rd,or even the 3rd rd..

Ditto.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 01:52:33 pm »

The Dolphins need to draft a solid developmental QB, so I'd like to see them draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round.  first pick has to be O-line.  Since they don't trust Moore and it's unsure how Tannehill will rebound from two injury plagued seasons, they need another QB.

As for Mayfield, he's Johnny Manziel lite; too much unknown.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 10:32:26 pm »

As an OU/Mayfield fan I would never wish for him to suffer being drafted by the Dolphins.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 08:47:32 am »

As an OU/Mayfield fan I would never wish for him to suffer being drafted by the Dolphins.

Yeah, because places like Cleveland or Cincinnati are much better landing spots... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 12:31:52 pm »

IMO, I can't say we need to spend this pick on this position,because I'm of the feeling that we have plenty of time for our front office to F-up the team some more prior to the draft.I thought Armando Salgueros' article yesterday was right on point (I don't normally read him, but I'm fine with Tannehill,for the near future)

Drafting a QB in the later rounds ok,but we have too many other problems,other than who's starting at QB to draft one in the top rounds.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »

Heck we can just wait to see who the Vikings don't sign and bring him in as a backup.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 02:13:25 pm »

Heck we can just wait to see who the Vikings don't sign and bring him in as a backup.

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind them bringing in Teddy Bridgewater, but I think he's going to want too much money coming off his original rookie contract.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 04:04:29 am »

It looks like Miami is going to have to either draft or trade a Quarterback from somewhere at least for backup duties, as it seems Matt Moore and the team have agreed to part ways:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article196186674.html

Interesting to read that the primary reason Moore wasn't considered as a starter this year was that the team did not think he would be able to stay healthy for 16 games. He could find it pretty hard to find another team to take him on if they all think the same way, even as a backup.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:32:03 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray