Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:09:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  #GetMeToMiami - the QB draft question
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: #GetMeToMiami - the QB draft question  (Read 8321 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 08:03:08 am »

Hold on a second.  The dolphins thought Moore was the better QB but more injury prone than cutler so they started cutler.  I disagree with the logic.  Let Moore with you as many games as he can and then if he is injured play cutler.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 10:04:21 am »

Hold on a second.  The dolphins thought Moore was the better QB but more injury prone than cutler so they started cutler.  I disagree with the logic.  Let Moore with you as many games as he can and then if he is injured play cutler.
That's not exactly what it said. It said they didn't believe that he could stay healthy so that's why Cutler was brought in. I think Gase had to tell Cutler he would be the starter to get him to come to Miami so Cutler became the starter and Moore the backup. No where did I read they thought Moore was better than Cutler.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 10:02:03 am »

IMO, I can't say we need to spend this pick on this position,because I'm of the feeling that we have plenty of time for our front office to F-up the team some more prior to the draft.I thought Armando Salgueros' article yesterday was right on point (I don't normally read him, but I'm fine with Tannehill,for the near future)

Drafting a QB in the later rounds ok,but we have too many other problems,other than who's starting at QB to draft one in the top rounds.

Rumors from my Dolphin fan friends are that the FO is looking to trade Tannehill.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 11:12:45 am »

I would think that coming off the knee injury, the Fins would get very little in return for Tanny.  Throw in the fact that he doesn't have a hugely successful track record behind him, and a hefty salary, I'd be shocked if he was traded just because they would get next to nothing for him.  AND they would be right back in the position of not having a starting QB.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:55 am »

I would think that coming off the knee injury, the Fins would get very little in return for Tanny.  Throw in the fact that he doesn't have a hugely successful track record behind him, and a hefty salary, I'd be shocked if he was traded just because they would get next to nothing for him.  AND they would be right back in the position of not having a starting QB.

Nodding my head vigorously...all of the above.

Tennehill will be Miami's starting QB when the season starts...take it to the bank.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 02:39:38 pm »

Yeah, Tannehill isn't going anywhere until after this upcoming season.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 09:13:25 am »

Yeah, Tannehill isn't going anywhere until after this upcoming season.

I hope not. If we trade him out it basically means we are in for a whole rebuild from the ground up, and i am not sure I can take that right now!

There was an interesting article a while ago suggesting when this season went off the rails it was due to lack of leadership within the playing group, citing Tannehill and Albert being the true leaders of the team in 2016 when the chips were down:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article194358364.html

While I still have some reservations about Ryan's mechanics, he has demonstrated he has some huge balls to take the nasty licks he has in the past and had undoubtedly earned respect within the team. That can go some way, as shown by how the Vikings rallied around Case Keenum this season.

That said, we need at least one new QB on the list to replace Moore and if the brass decide to roll the dice on a QB at 11 in this draft that happens to be the best player that drops to them (even though I still think they should sort out the gaps in the OL, TE or LB first) then so be it. Competition and depth at QB are good things, as highlighted by the Eagles this year, the Seahawks a few years ago, and the Patriots quite a few years before that. It must be good to draft a franchise QB on a rookie salary and have the luxury of being able to have someone of the calibre of Foles, Flynn and Bledsloe effectively become backups (who also despite their salaries, by extension become quite affordable or tradeable due to the low salary of those draftees). Anyone remember when we drafted a kid called Marino who crashed down the draft to us at 27 right after we made the Superbowl?.... maybe not  Tongue

So considering what happened this year, I think it's probably best to keep Tanny around for at least another year, but also worth considering drafting a QB (somewhere) to provide both stability and options.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:56:00 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 01:09:21 pm »

i'm ok with tannehill .. draft a qb or pick up a backup off of the recycled qb pile .. and we'll be ok to go .. if we lose tannehill again the season is over no matter who you pickup as a backup anwyays
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 02:22:22 pm »

For me,My feelings haven't changed on the QB Position...

My problem continues to be...
What is the most dumb ass,asinine,what the fuck,move can I think our Mike Tannebaum,and our front office do?...and realize what ever that is,they have already planning something 3 times more stupid dumbass,asinine than I can imagine...Like trading our 1st round draft pick for a back up QB

Tannebaum's QB's while Jets GM,or had a hand in bringing in scares the holy fucking shit out of me....
Chad Pennington
Patrick Ramsey
Kellen Clemons
Brett Farve
Mark Sanchez
Mark Brunell
Greg McElroy
Tim Tebow

My only hope the rumored uniform,color changes don't make us look worse than the team we put on the field....

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 04:25:55 pm »

For me,My feelings haven't changed on the QB Position...

My only hope the rumored uniform,color changes don't make us look worse than the team we put on the field....
I don't get the change if it didn't include colors. They have admitted that they know people aren't fond of them and yet they lock themselves into them for another 5 years. It's like a big FU to the fans to let them know who is boss.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 10:59:25 am »

i'm ok with tannehill .. draft a qb or pick up a backup off of the recycled qb pile .. and we'll be ok to go .. if we lose tannehill again the season is over no matter who you pickup as a backup anwyays

That is pretty much where I am as well.  They have too many other holes to spend a high draft pick on a QB.  We saw how last season went with Cutler.  The likelihood of a mid to late round rookie or a veteran off the scrap heap leading the team (if Tanny gets in jured again) to anything more than what Cutler led them to last year is pretty slim.  Cutler blows, but usually so do mid round QB rookies and scrap heap veterans. 
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 10:28:16 am »

Why Ross hired TenneBUM is been beyond logical reason Huh

Second why they never draft a QB worthy of legitimately putting them in a position to succeed Huh

3rd, Team continues to make very questionable personnel moves.

Baker Mayfield will not get drafted to Miami, he will be gone before the 10th pick.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:23 pm »

Baker Mayfield will not get drafted to Miami, he will be gone before the 10th pick.

There are very divided opinions of him. He's a mid second rounder on some boards, top 10 on a few, late first on most I've seen.

It only takes one team before us, though.

I wouldn't mind taking Mayfield, although I'd prefer it to be with our second rounder. An interesting coincidence, last I checked Walter Football had Mayfield as 42nd on their board. That just happens to be Miami's second round pick.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 09:22:03 pm »

Not sure why any team would risk a 1st round pick on a guy who has Johnny Manziel Jr. written all over him.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 09:53:48 am »

Not sure why any team would risk a 1st round pick on a guy who has Johnny Manziel Jr. written all over him.
We drafted drafted Dion Jordon and Jonathan Martin. We don't worry about people who may cause us problems.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray