Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What's in store for 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's in store for 2018?  (Read 1506 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:11:47 pm »

Did you have any big changes in 2017 or have any big changes planned for 2018?  What are you tackling this year?

For me, I bought a house in late 2017, so my weekends and extra cash are probably going towards fixing up the house, either in remodeling or repairs.

Personally, I'm working on joining a Star Wars Costuming Charity group called the 501st Legion.  I'm working on getting my costume made now and will likely be doing some charity events this year.

I'm also doing some new projects at work.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:48:27 pm »

I'm working on getting my costume made now and will likely be doing some charity events this year.

I'm also doing some new projects at work.
What's your costume or are you going to be doing a big reveal? I love seeing Philly and his crew all decked out. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:26:42 pm »

I bought a solar panel system with battery backup at the end of 2017.  The cost for 4.2kW solar (15 panels) with a 13.5 kWh battery was $21,700 installed, but I am getting $11,900 total in state + federal rebates/credits for a net cost of $9800.  At last year's electricity rates, the ROI is 6 years, but the life expectancy on the system is 20 years.

Federal solar rebates expire this year so it's a good time to get in if you're on the fence.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:04:14 pm »

I keep hoping the Tesla solar roof become a popular thing. That whole concept looks pretty cool and I'd love to have it on my next house.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:49:24 pm »

The thing about the Tesla solar roof is that it's about the same price as a Tesla.  You're looking at $60-80k for a roof replacement, which thoroughly eliminates the idea of the roof as cost savings and basically just makes it a style statement.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:38:54 pm »

What's your costume or are you going to be doing a big reveal? I love seeing Philly and his crew all decked out. 

I’m doing an Imperial Line Officer.  It’s a good starting point, not only because of its simplicity but also because of versatility and because it’s a support costume.  Vader can’t take care of himself: can’t see out of the mask, not allowed to speak, kids pull on the cape, etc. so you need officers (handlers) to accompany him.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 10:06:49 am »

Cool. Looking forward to seeing it!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray