Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:16:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I have to root for the Patriots.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I have to root for the Patriots.  (Read 3991 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 25, 2018, 11:53:31 am »

I might be the only Dolphins fan in existence to hope the Eagles lose this game, but I just can't help myself.  I find their fans to be the absolute worst in the NFL.

Also, the Patriots are already amazing and legendary and I like that the league is finally starting to see what Dolphins fans have seen for a decade.  Fans seemed to be surprised that they got some questionable calls in the Jags game -- well...duh. 

Unpopular Dolphins opinion, I'm sure.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:56:22 pm »

I have to say I am surprised I didn't think anyone other than some Giants, Dallas and Redskin fans would be rooting for NE.  I am not surprised that some in those fan bases are pulling for the Eagles

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:15:35 pm »

My roommate is a diehard Eagles fanatic, so I'll cheer for his Philly folk and hope he gets to celebrate the first Super Bowl win for his team.

P.S. Fuck Tom Brady

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:59:30 pm »

Primarily I will be rooting for numbers, as in the numbers I have in some football pools.  In the past I have won some large amounts when the Patriots are in the SB.  Other than that I'd like to see Philly win for Pederson; former Miami QB that won the game in Philly for Don Shula to break the all time wins record.  Having been to several games at Veteran's Stadium I would agree their fans are not very nice.  I remember needing some cash at a game and asking where I could find an ATM, and I was told they didn't have any ATM's IN the stadium because people would get robbed after making a withdrawal.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 07:09:16 am »

Fuck Tom Brady.  Fuck BB.  Fuck the state of Massachusetts.  Go birds.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 08:41:47 am »

Damned skippy, and while we're at it, fuck Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine as well, just for associating themselves with New England.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 11:57:48 am »

I dislike both of them enough that I'm going on a long motorcycle ride during the Super Bowl this year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »

Damned skippy, and while we're at it, fuck Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine as well, just for associating themselves with New England.

Rhode island and Conn feel left out of your rant.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 04:50:30 pm »

Rhode island and Conn feel left out of your rant.

I really like Rhode Island, and have family in Connecticut...their exclusion was intentional. ;-)

~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 06:08:51 pm »

hehe, all the language kind of reminds me of this sketch from the late show back in 1992 parodying Glen Garry Glen Ross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpcIKCzmNDk

Oh yeah, and fuck the Patriots. Go Eagles!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 07:02:33 pm »

hehe, all the language kind of reminds me of this sketch from the late show back in 1992 parodying Glen Garry Glen Ross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpcIKCzmNDk

Oh yeah, and fuck the Patriots. Go Eagles!

That was pretty funny!  Thanks for sharing the link.  It's one of my favorite fucking movies.  Cheesy

Raider fans are also huge pieces of crap, but it never stopped me from rooting for them when playing the Pats.  I'll definitely be rooting for the Eagles (or barracking for them for Downunder's sake).

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 12:54:06 pm »

raider fans are high class fucking gentlemen when compared to eagles fans .. clearly the worst shithole in the universe ..
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 01:15:08 pm »

This made me LOL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcy0wK-yAMI

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 01:26:27 pm »

Fuck the Patriots. I know so few Eagles fans that whatever they do in their shithole city, I really don't feel it where I live.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 02:00:14 pm »

I have zero rooting interest in either teams.The Eagles,are in that group of teams, I really don't care about until they're playing the Dolphins.I have the utmost respect for what Tom Brady,and Bill Belichick have accomplished in this league.They seem to win despite constant roster churning,and they make it work,as a Dolphins fan, I'm jealous...

I hate the Bills,and Jets waaay more,they can be horrid teams, and we eggs against them.The Patriots beat a lot of teams,I don't go into a season saying we can beat them as winning games against them is kinda badge of honor in this era.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray