Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:37:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl LII Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl LII Predictions  (Read 2513 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: January 31, 2018, 02:49:19 pm »

Philadelphia wins 35 to 33, with Gostkowski missing a last second 48 yrd FG.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:59:37 pm »

Philly wins, 31-26... Brady throws the game-ending interception to Malcolm Jenkins with less than a minute remaining.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:09 pm »

My predictions

ne wins but doesn't cover the spread

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 04:40:04 pm »

NE wins.

42-17
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 04:41:14 pm »

PHI 269 NE 7
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 09:32:08 am »

As long as I see a good game with the Eagles losing.... BUT

I took the quiz on ESPN and found out I should be rooting for my rival Eagles...

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/22255746/who-root-super-bowl-lii-philadelphia-eagles-new-england-patriots

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:35 am »

The biggest thing I'm interested in is how the refs treat the Patriots. The NFL got hammered pretty hard after the Jacksonville game about the zebra love so you know they had to of addressed it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »

I predict that the Patriots will attempt a game winning field that is clearly going to miss, but it hits a wild bird, which redirects it through the uprights for the game-winning points.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 04:31:32 pm »

What I would like to see happen:

- The whole Eagles team run out of the tunnel wearing the dog masks
- Chris Long to get into Brady's face enough times to cause at least three turnovers
- The refs be unbiased and get every decision right (all game)
- Brady to have the worst day in his career, spit the dummy and retire immediately
- Ajayi to rush for around 200 yards and be Superbowl MVP

What I think will actually happen:

- Eagles will get a quick start and be up by halftime
- Kraft makes a complaint to Goodell at halftime about the officials, the Patriots get all the decisions go their way the rest of the game
- BB & the Pats will make their usual halftime adjustments, they shut down the Eagles run game and get to Foles leading to a string of 3 and outs and a turnover
- The Eagles Defense gets caught on the field too long and they get worn down and eventually worn out
- Brady puts up another MVP performance in the second half, Pats come back to win

(does all of this vaguely sound familiar?)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:34:14 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 08:13:38 pm »

What I would like to see happen:

- The whole Eagles team run out of the tunnel wearing the dog masks
- Chris Long to get into Brady's face enough times to cause at least three turnovers
- The refs be unbiased and get every decision right (all game)
- Brady to have the worst day in his career, spit the dummy and retire immediately
- Ajayi to rush for around 200 yards and be Superbowl MVP

What I think will actually happen:

- Eagles will get a quick start and be up by halftime
- Kraft makes a complaint to Goodell at halftime about the officials, the Patriots get all the decisions go their way the rest of the game
- BB & the Pats will make their usual halftime adjustments, they shut down the Eagles run game and get to Foles leading to a string of 3 and outs and a turnover
- The Eagles Defense gets caught on the field too long and they get worn down and eventually worn out
- Brady puts up another MVP performance in the second half, Pats come back to win

(does all of this vaguely sound familiar?)

Except for the part about the Patriots getting calls, yes. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 11:51:40 am »

The biggest thing I'm interested in is how the refs treat the Patriots. The NFL got hammered pretty hard after the Jacksonville game about the zebra love so you know they had to of addressed it.
although New England only had one penalty again ... seemed like many calls/no calls seemed to favor the Eagles last night. I have to believe with all the criticism the NFL has received lately it helped them to give calls the benefit of the doubt.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 08:15:51 pm »

although New England only had one penalty again ... seemed like many calls/no calls seemed to favor the Eagles last night. I have to believe with all the criticism the NFL has received lately it helped them to give calls the benefit of the doubt.
I don't know about that. The Patriots still received a phantom PI call on a 3rd down that kept a drive alive where they scored their 1st TD I believe it was and I thought PI could have been called against the Patriots on the interception and on one of the 2 pt conversion attempts. Both times there was as much contact prior to the ball getting there as the PI call that gave the Patriots a 1st down and neither was called. I'd say the calls were about even in this game. The only real call that mattered was the TD near the end of the game and in my opinion they finally got a "was it a catch or not" call right after blowing about 10 of them during the season.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 10:44:57 am »

Was I closest?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 11:20:23 pm »

Was I closest?

I think you came in second.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »