Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:19:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The beginning of the end for the Patriots?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: The beginning of the end for the Patriots?  (Read 10185 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: February 05, 2018, 08:09:04 am »

Losing the Super Bowl will always bring out all the arm-chair QB's.  As a lot of you know, I live in the heart of the beast.  This morning, the aftermath:

1:  Why did their starting CB not play (and only find out minutes prior to kick off)?
2:  Why is Gronk talking about retirement?
3:  Why did the Hoodie *not* deny reports this was his last game?
4:  Why has Josh McDaniels, who previously accepted the Colts HC position, suddenly reversed course and now appears to be staying in NE?

What does any of this mean?  Nothing?  Anything?  All I know is I work in an office filled with very confused, and mad, Patriot fans. 

I'm kind of enjoying this morning.   Grin

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 10:09:23 am »

1.  Not sure why they benched Butler but it was not well received by a lot of people and Butler says he won't be coming back.

2.  Gronk has been really banged up lately and it wouldn't surprise me if he went the Megatron route

3 and 4.  I'm betting that this is Belichicks last game and McDaniels knows it

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:04:34 pm »

Ah time for the 16th consecutive annual off season prediction that this is the end of the Patriots.  One of these years it is bound to be correct. 

Could it be?  Yes, but I wouldn't bet the farm against them winning the AFCE again this year.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:05:12 pm »

The most delicious scenario would be if all the rumors were true:

- Brady wanted Jimmy G out because he was hearing footsteps
- Kraft sided with Brady over Belichick and forced the trade
- Belichick is bitter after being undermined and doesn't want to coach anymore
- McDaniels is staying to take over in NE

I greatly look forward to the prospect of a NE team with Josh McDaniels at the helm and a 42-year-old Brady (or: no Brady).

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:57:46 pm »

In my previous life as a sports talker - I could always count on the defensive nature of this region's fan base if any particular shift was slow.  Or, when I was called to fill in on the national talker and I just felt like stirring the pot - there was simply no easier way than hinting - hinting - of the demise of the mighty Patriots.

Want to really create a shit show?  Suggest someone other than Tom Brady once played QB and may have done it well.  The pink hats in the frozen north east tunnel have no idea how to handle this.

All this said, this time it feels real.  And I completely agree with Spider...Josh McDaniels + Brian Hoyer = San Fran light.  It'll be like the good 'ol days around here again.  Everyone will become fans of...well...whoever else is winning.

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »

All this said, this time it feels real.  And I completely agree with Spider...Josh McDaniels + Brian Hoyer = San Fran light.  It'll be like the good 'ol days around here again.  Everyone will become fans of...well...whoever else is winning.

49ers getting a lot of early money in Vegas for next year's Super bowl...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 03:34:11 pm »

The biggest reason that this could be the beginning is that Belicheck might have to find all new guys -- and is that something he's wanting to rebuild?  And though Brady still has some mileage left, it's time to start grooming the next one.  That's a big ask.

I think that, had they won, it would've been the perfect time to walk.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 05:12:35 pm »

what's the deal with malcom butler ? looked like a pretty classless move on BBs part
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:24 pm »

The biggest reason that this could be the beginning is that Belicheck might have to find all new guys -- and is that something he's wanting to rebuild?  And though Brady still has some mileage left, it's time to start grooming the next one.  That's a big ask.

I think that, had they won, it would've been the perfect time to walk.
All day I've been hearing and reading people talking about how "Brady is washed up, he needs to retire". I must have seen a different game than everyone else. Brady looked pretty damn good to me. If playing in the Superbowl 2 consecutive years is washed up. Can we please get some "washed up" to rub on Tannehill. And if Brady is washed up, then what does that say about the majority of the other QBs in the league?

I think a lot of people hate Brady because he is so good. I mean shit, I don't like him because he's in our division. But I know that he's probably the best to ever play the game. I can't take that away from him. People get too wrapped up in their emotions and can't see reality for what it is.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 06:37:17 pm »

I don't think any sane person is saying February 2018 Brady is washed up; he just won NFL MVP.  But most are saying that he doesn't have many years left.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »

Ah time for the 16th consecutive annual off season prediction that this is the end of the Patriots.  One of these years it is bound to be correct. 

Could it be?  Yes, but I wouldn't bet the farm against them winning the AFCE again this year.
Maybe not the farm, but $100? Also I don't think winning the AFCE is really what New England is all about. If they were to do that and let say lose in the first round of the playoffs, that would be a huge indication everything isn't right in Boston. It's going to happen sometime and every year it's 1 year closer.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 10:25:37 am »

All day I've been hearing and reading people talking about how "Brady is washed up, he needs to retire".

I'm not suggesting that.  I'm just saying that Brady is old and age hits you fast.  So, he most likely has a couple of years left before he gets that quick, Peyton-Manning-esque decline.  So, long-term, the Pats should probably start looking/grooming someone now-ish.

And that's a whole ball of wax, in addition to getting a new staff, that Belichek might not want to undertake.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 10:32:20 am »

Maybe not the farm, but $100? Also I don't think winning the AFCE is really what New England is all about. If they were to do that and let say lose in the first round of the playoffs, that would be a huge indication everything isn't right in Boston. It's going to happen sometime and every year it's 1 year closer.

Obviously the goal isn't just the division or even conference but Lombardi but i consider any team playing meaningful football week 17 even if they don't make the playoffs as relevant and competive

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 11:44:09 am »

McDaniel has officially accepted the Colts job
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 12:56:12 pm »

The best player on the field Sunday was Brady.  Hands down.

-Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray