Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:34:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl LII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl LII  (Read 1802 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: February 04, 2018, 03:47:11 pm »

I for one, am NOT watching this game, as I still have not recovered from the last two.  Just think, if the Seahawks and Falcons had an ounce of common sense, Brady would have a losing record in Super Bowls.

I will take a prop bet on this game, though.  I bet if the Patriots win, somebody on here will complain about a bad call that wasn't actually a bad call, as happened last year.

Enjoy the game. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BeanCounter

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:01:38 pm »

Holy shit, the NFL actually got a catch ruling right in a game involving the Patriots.  Of course, the refs go blind on the Eagles 2 point try.
BeanCounter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:05:59 pm »

Surprised the refs didn’t make a new rule to overturn Brady’s fumble.
BeanCounter

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:27:43 pm »

Let the rioting/celebrating commence in Philadelphia.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:29:00 am »

PHILLY PHILLY

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 06:45:14 am »

Hahahaha
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 12:43:29 pm »

It was an Awesome fucking Superbowl....

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:29:41 am »

Wow, I am still trying to get my head around what I saw! If you said to me that New England wouldn't punt all day and lost, no way I would have believed it. Brady racks up over 500 yards passing and they lost, I wouldn't have believed it.

In many ways it was the NFL media and promoters' dream, high scoring and only one punt all game. I thought save for a couple of plays the complete lack of effectiveness of the defenses was disappointing, and in the case of the Eagles, very surprising. It's like they basically resigned themselves to being involved with a shoot out with Brady, and backed their own offense to move the ball at will and score on virtually every possession. Nobody would have picked that, I seriously doubt even the most optomistic Eagles supporter would have predicted they would rack up 41 points!

Foles was brilliant but he was given all day to throw most of the time by that superb offensive line, who also did a great job opening holes for their running backs. It will be an interesting choice for the Eagles and Foles himself over the next couple of years - do they go with their Superbowl MVP, or do they go with their Franchise QB who looked like the next coming of Brett Farve before he did his ACL? Foles could well be in demand for a starting job and better salary elsewhere, so does he stay with the team he has had success with, even if it means he sits on the bench and may potentially not start ever again?

I am glad the refs basically stayed out of it, but it does bring up the question of what the hell is a legal catch these days? The inconsistency of their decisions over the last few years have been ridiculous!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 08:33:15 am »

After Pederson decided to go for it on 4th down, it was Foles who suggested the "Philly Special" - the miked up footage is up on Inside the NFL:

https://twitter.com/insidetheNFL

Foles: "You want Philly Philly?"
Doug Pederson: "... yeah, let's do it"

Un-freaking-believeable!

Like I said earlier, this season is going to make for one heck of an episode of "America's Game"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:35:32 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray