Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:13:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The beginning of the end for the Patriots?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The beginning of the end for the Patriots?  (Read 10186 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 01:05:36 pm »

The best player on the field Sunday was Brady.  Hands down.

No doubt about it, but how long can he keep that up?  He's 41 years old, and that is about the time when Peyton Manning and Dan Marino hit that steep decline that you see once age creeps up on you. 

Belichick has now lost his two top lieutenants and one of his best DBs is now a malcontent.  The blood is in the water in Beantown and the sharks are circling. 

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 01:09:38 pm »

I agree, which is why I started the thread. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 05:00:48 pm »

The best player on the field Sunday was Brady.  Hands down.

Pretty much none of Brady's throws were to receivers that were not already very, very, very open. Not saying he didn't play a good game, but I've seen him play better plenty of times. He did miss some throws and had more time to get rid of the ball than I've seen all year. Sure, he threw for over 500 yards, which is insane, but going only 28 of 48 to mostly uncovered guys... great game, sure, but it wasn't his best and not the best performance of the day, IMHO.

I think Gronk was pretty spectacular. His first half was a little hesitant, but I'll chalk that up to coming back after a concussion.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 05:06:11 pm »

I don't think any sane person is saying February 2018 Brady is washed up; he just won NFL MVP.  But most are saying that he doesn't have many years left.

I'm not suggesting that.  I'm just saying that Brady is old and age hits you fast.  So, he most likely has a couple of years left before he gets that quick, Peyton-Manning-esque decline.  So, long-term, the Pats should probably start looking/grooming someone now-ish.

And that's a whole ball of wax, in addition to getting a new staff, that Belichek might not want to undertake.

Of all of the people I know personally and people in my Facebook feed, 95% of them hate Brady. Everyone was rooting for the Eagles. I really don't get it. Like I said, I don't like him only because he's in our division. But as a player, I like him fine. I guess people are sick of seeing him win. Hell, one old lady at work said, "He(Brady) should give someone else a chance to win". I was like WTF? You do understand the goal of sports don't you?  

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 05:15:24 pm »

Of all of the people I know personally and people in my Facebook feed, 95% of them hate Brady. Everyone was rooting for the Eagles. I really don't get it. Like I said, I don't like him only because he's in our division. But as a player, I like him fine. I guess people are sick of seeing him win. Hell, one old lady at work said, "He(Brady) should give someone else a chance to win". I was like WTF? You do understand the goal of sports don't you?  

People hate him because he's a cheater.   People hate the Patriots because they are cheaters.   They've been caught cheating three times.  So how many tines have they gotten away with it?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 06:53:33 pm »

I don't like Brady for the same reason I don't like Russell Wilson: they are both phonies who relentlessly manage their brand image.

There was that joke at one of the Comedy Central roasts a while back, where someone told Peyton Manning that he was the Tom Brady of being in commercials ("the greatest"), but it's true.  In a personality comparison, Peyton freaking Manning looks like Magic Johnson compared to Brady.  Brady is a fake robot.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:57:55 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 09:01:39 pm »

McDaniel has officially accepted the Colts job

Nope he pulled out....He's staying... (Deleted a Catholic Joke)
@MikeGarafolo: Josh McDaniels withdraws from Colts job, source confirms @AdamSchefter report. Bananas.

Colts confirmed it...

I respect Brady's accomplishments,but hate him...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:04:09 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 11:19:05 pm »

Conspiracy Theory - Josh McDaniels turned down the Colts job because Kraft has had enough of Belichick and he's going to fire him.  Belichick has a job lined up to take over both the Jets and Giants simultaneously, while McDaniels becomes head coach of the Patsies.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 07:09:02 am »

what's the deal with malcom butler ? looked like a pretty classless move on BBs part

I saw it mentioned somewhere Butler was ill during the week, late to a meeting and was pretty bad at practice. BB must have made the decision he was basically not fit enough to cover someone like Jeffries at cornerback and restricted him to special teams duties: quite understandable but Butler isn't happy and the media have made a meal out of it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 07:25:08 am »

Conspiracy Theory - Josh McDaniels turned down the Colts job because Kraft has had enough of Belichick and he's going to fire him.  Belichick has a job lined up to take over both the Jets and Giants simultaneously, while McDaniels becomes head coach of the Patsies.

I say it's more along the lines of Belichick and Brady making one final run in 2018 with McDaniels as head coach in waiting

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:23 am »

I say it's more along the lines of Belichick and Brady making one final run in 2018 with McDaniels as head coach in waiting

Seems a funny move by McDaniels if it turns out Brady's clock runs out quicker than expected and Gronk doesn't stick around, that would mean he could potentially be looking at a total rebuild early in his coaching career.

On the surface you would think the Colts may be ahead in that regard, with Luck at QB and Jacoby Brissett who he would be well familiar with already as backup. So maybe it's something else, like say he got wind that Luck's long term recovery from injury isn't going so well and got cold feet? There must be some major story to come out to explain this 180 degree turn.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 09:37:29 am »

The only thing known according to Peter King ... who is Mr. Patriot ... is that Josh was clearing out his office and Mr. Kraft and Bellichick called him into a meeting. After a long time he came out and started unpacking his stuff.

Seems odd he would "wait" another year for a team when BB was put through that with Parcells and that didn't go too well.

Seems odd he would want to stay with New England when the QB is getting ready to retire while Indy already has a franchise QB .... unless Garapolo is coming back?  Hmmm How pissed would San Fran be if Garrapolo was sent to San Fran to get in some game time while he was waiting to play in New England?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:55 am »

Hmmm How pissed would San Fran be if Garrapolo was sent to San Fran to get in some game time while he was waiting to play in New England?

The same amount of pissedoffedness (real word, look it up) I would have if Joe Montana came out of retirement this offseason to sign with the Cleveland Browns and led them to the Super Bowl in 2018.

Oddly enough, both have the exact same odds of occurring. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:40 am »

Trading JG with the expectation he would return is not really plausible.  But it is not inconceivable SF and JG are never able to reach terms and after one or two franchise tag JG signs with another team. 

As I read the tea leaves the only logical conclusion is this is BBs last year and Josh McD has been promised the keys. 

As for why choose Patriot 19 over Colt 18, I think most people who follow football would conclude Kraft is a better boss than Irsey.  And Josh has a relationship with Kraft.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 11:36:43 am »

Trading JG with the expectation he would return is not really plausible.  But it is not inconceivable SF and JG are never able to reach terms and after one or two franchise tag JG signs with another team. 

As I read the tea leaves the only logical conclusion is this is BBs last year and Josh McD has been promised the keys. 

As for why choose Patriot 19 over Colt 18, I think most people who follow football would conclude Kraft is a better boss than Irsey.  And Josh has a relationship with Kraft.
Cmon .... where’s the fun in that scenario??

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray