Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:15:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Sam's Club & Costco is there a difference:if So which is better?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sam's Club & Costco is there a difference:if So which is better?  (Read 1604 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: February 06, 2018, 12:47:34 pm »

I informed one of my bosses,I'll meet him at the meeting tomorrow,I ordered dog food online,and I want to make sure it doesn't get porch pirated.His native St.Louis assistant,smugly replied "Why don't you just buy it at Sam's club, it's probably cheaper anyway.." I said I don't like the idea of paying to shop at a non convenient Walmart...So he starts on Sam's Club,and Costco..Blah,Blah,Blah...

We have 2 Sam's clubs,both the opposite side of town where I live.No Costcos...I have no Idea about Costco...

Is there a difference (is one a better value,better stuff,better prices,etc) between Sam's Club,and Costco? If So which is better?

FYI Sam's Club doesn't carry the brand dog food I bought,and the "Other brand" I'm feeding While a good price I guess,I don't have anywhere to put 50lb bag of it...

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:06:53 pm »

Costco tends to have more variety but their prices are higher.  They give great service though.  Sam's Club is owned by Wal Mart.  You know how it is with Wal Mart.  Dominate on price and lack everywhere else.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:44:43 am »

I find Costco and WalMart to be remarkably similar.  They have different things at any given time, because they make deals with vendors to get items in bulk.  They may have desk chairs one day and not the next.  It just depends.  But they do have standard food and basic needs stuff all the time, as well as electronics and clothing.

They both charge a membership, (I'm not really sure why -- I think it keeps their costs down or something).  And they sell in bulk -- large containers of stuff.  They each have their own generic brand (Sam's Choice and Kirkland) that are quality knock-offs, IMO.

We occasionally shop at both, just depending on where we are or what we need. 

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:51 am »

Sam's Choice is Walmart. The Sam's Club product is Members Mark. I agree that they are both very similar. Location would be the only thing to make me choose one over the other.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:39:50 am »

I have both a Sam’s card and a BJs card. We shop at both as they have typically same but different deals. If I were the choose one I’m not sure I’d have a legit reason as they are so similar.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 12:33:31 pm »

Sams cosco and BJ are all basically the same.  Each have certain deals that are better than the others but overall about equal. Although one definitely has the best name. Who wouldn't want a BJ membership? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 01:13:57 pm »

Thread Hijack...
Wait,wait,Wait...Wait...I have a store? Grin
I have a wine,a beer,a curse,a religious rapper (assumption,based on name),a long defunct local strip club,and a store!

End Hijack...

I always felt having to pay to join Sam's Club* a bit of class discrimination,while trying to market a Walmart to a higher earning people,the cost to join kinda says no poor people.Add the Fact that BOTH the Sam's Clubs here are on the South where more higher income people tend to live here in town.

*(To my Knowledge Costco,and BJ's doesn't have free stores available to everyone like Walmart-Sam's Club)

Man it sucks living in Podunk Tongue

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 01:39:01 pm »

Thread Hijack...
Wait,wait,Wait...Wait...I have a store? Grin
I have a wine,a beer,a curse,a religious rapper (assumption,based on name),a long defunct local strip club,and a store!

End Hijack...

I always felt having to pay to join Sam's Club* a bit of class discrimination,while trying to market a Walmart to a higher earning people,the cost to join kinda says no poor people.Add the Fact that BOTH the Sam's Clubs here are on the South where more higher income people tend to live here in town.

*(To my Knowledge Costco,and BJ's doesn't have free stores available to everyone like Walmart-Sam's Club)

Man it sucks living in Podunk Tongue
Hahahaha ... now every time I go to BJs I'm going to think of you, BJ.

We have a Sam's and a Wal-Mart Super store within a mile from each other and I can't say I've noticed a difference in clientele. Sam's is only like $50 a year for my family and I can save that on one grocery trip. Now if I hit the Wal-Mart on the other side of town then it might be considered different ... but I hit all three.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 02:19:22 pm »

Also, gas.

The cheapest gas in the county is available at these places.  I think the membership helps keep these kinds of numbers down, so the place isn't just packed with people exploiting one deal, though I can't say for sure.

If anyone could go there, without a membership, the line for gas would always be down the block.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 02:41:06 pm »

I've never had a membership to either, but I occasionally go to our local Costco with a friend, just to fill up my tank and get some of their delicious and uber-cheap hot dogs.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray