Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:59:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Winter Olympics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Winter Olympics  (Read 7887 times)
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 10:39:11 am »

Don't want to sound oblivious but do anybody really cares about the Winter Olympics anymore Huh

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 12:26:13 pm »

Sounds an awful lot like a rationalization rather than a look at any real empirical data here. The US started off rather slow in the medal counts, but they've picked it up lately. I haven't really looked at the numbers compared to other Winter Olympics, but I'd say now we are pretty much right where we always are. The US has NEVER dominated the Winter Olympics at least not the way they have the Summer Olympics.
We have picked it up lately but are still having people finish much lower than expectations.

They have not dominated in winter like summer but they took 1st in medal counts after Russia was eliminated in 2014 and finished in first in 2010 medal count. We went the most people in history to this Winter and have not met expectations.

Team USA Got Far Fewer Medals Than Expected at the Winter Olympics, According to Leaked Report

http://time.com/5172495/team-usa-olympic-medals-expectations/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 08:04:32 am »

I have always been huge on the hockey (being old enough to have watched "The Miracle on Ice") but I am really bummed the NFL would not let it's players compete this year.

Do you think this may change after the USA didn't make the medal round this year, of the NHL will continue to bury their head in the sand and forbid players competing? Not a good look IMO.

I know that they have been good in beating both Sweden & Canada, but seriously who thought Germany could be competing in the gold medal match against the Russians?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 08:58:21 am »

Don't want to sound oblivious but do anybody really cares about the Winter Olympics anymore Huh

I’m kinda interested.  I have always enjoyed the Olympics.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 09:24:19 pm »

It figures that the first women's curling that I have had a chance to see this Olympics was between Japan and Korea.  There was no hotness to be found.   Angry
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 09:09:22 pm »

We have picked it up lately but are still having people finish much lower than expectations.
One poor Olympics doesn't necessarily signal a decline in the US athletic training program though. If you look at medal counts over the course of the winter Olympics, it's Norway that leads all with the US in second. The reason the US has done better lately is the introduction of a couple new events like snowboarding which the US still dominated this year. I don't really think there was much different about this Winter Olympics other than the fact that a couple of Americans that were expected to do well choked big time. I don't think that's a reflection on the team as a whole. There were just a lot of 4th, 5th and 6th place finishes that could have easily been medals if things fell just a little bit different.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:21:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 12:49:33 pm »

It figures that the first women's curling that I have had a chance to see this Olympics was between Japan and Korea.  There was no hotness to be found.   Angry

Hey now, Oriental girls are very submissive.   Grin Grin Grin

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 12:52:47 pm »

Hey now, Oriental girls are very submissive.   Grin Grin Grin
Asian girls, oriental is a rug.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray