Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:40:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  New normal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: New normal?  (Read 60222 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2018, 03:16:00 pm »

If the inept sheriffs people did their jobs then it wouldn't have mattered about him having a rifle. Not sure why you think he had a fully-automatic weapon but it wasn't. It was a semi-auto with a limited clip.

I don't understand how anyone with a triple digit IQ actually believes by me giving up my guns they are safer from guns.  Where is the statistics that show how many criminals have turned in their guns since the protests began? That might change my mind.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2018, 03:41:38 pm »

if you give up your guns, then you can't shoot me with your guns, also your guns can't be stolen and used against me .. therefore i am safer than i was before. It's logic 101.

Don't conflate the issue of criminality with the issue of gun ownership. Unless your point is "look the criminals don't have to obey laws, why do I?" in which case .. ok you just want to be a criminal.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2018, 04:32:34 pm »

If the inept sheriffs people did their jobs then it wouldn't have mattered about him having a rifle. Not sure why you think he had a fully-automatic weapon but it wasn't. It was a semi-auto with a limited clip.

I challenge you to go back through my posts in this thread and point out where I said he had an automatic weapon.

Fewer guns owned outside the military, fewer gun deaths outside of the military. If you can't do basic math, please at least have the decency not to run around screaming that 2+2=7. You'll confuse those without evolved problem-solving skills.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2018, 04:59:20 pm »

I challenge you to go back through my posts in this thread and point out where I said he had an automatic weapon.

You being ex military know very well an assault rifle is fully automatic so I didn't think I needed to remind you.

As far as someone stealing my weapons ... is there a made up statistic that says mas shootings have been done with stolen weapons? I didn't even know that was a thing. Other than one kid I can remember it sounds like most were purchased.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2018, 05:58:47 pm »

if you give up your guns, then you can't shoot me with your guns, also your guns can't be stolen and used against me .. therefore i am safer than i was before. It's logic 101.

Don't conflate the issue of criminality with the issue of gun ownership. Unless your point is "look the criminals don't have to obey laws, why do I?" in which case .. ok you just want to be a criminal.
Criminals will not give up their guns.  They will continue to find a way to get them.  Tougher gun laws will only make it impossible for law abiding citizens like you and me to defend themselves

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2018, 06:23:57 pm »

The AR15 Rifle is a System and a Platform that allows the shooter to build it, configure it and accessorize it any way he or she wants for their needs and pleasure.  People are wanting AR-15 rifles deemed illegal because they look scary. What about these pistols? They look pretty scary too! 2 of these are common 9mm pistols and one is a .223 ... which is the same as the rifle.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2018, 07:36:33 pm »

Fewer guns owned outside the military, fewer gun deaths outside of the military. If you can't do basic math, please at least have the decency not to run around screaming that 2+2=7. You'll confuse those without evolved problem-solving skills.
The math is already done. Much less than 1% of all firearms owned in this country are involved in fatal shootings. Statistically it's a non issue. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2018, 07:43:15 pm »

The AR15 Rifle is a System and a Platform that allows the shooter to build it, configure it and accessorize it any way he or she wants for their needs and pleasure.  People are wanting AR-15 rifles deemed illegal because they look scary. What about these pistols? They look pretty scary too! 2 of these are common 9mm pistols and one is a .223 ... which is the same as the rifle.
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the actual functional difference between a so called "assault weapon"(made up political term) and any other semi auto firearm on the market.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »

How is he a Christian terrorist? He was raised in a Christian home but I haven't seen anything to say he was killing anyone in the name of Jesus.
Above, I cited examples of puff pieces where neighbors say he is a "quiet, nerdy young man" from a "tight-knit, godly family."  You don't see any of that kind of nuance when the terrorist is a Muslim.  If a terrorist's religion is mentioned and it's Islam, no one writes long profile pieces on how he was a quiet, godly young man.  It's either "Muslim" as a standalone, or "radical Islamic extremist" (depending on the source).  But his religion is DEFINITELY a factor.

In fact other than Fox ... has anyone admitted the Pulse shooter was a Muslim extremist to this date?

CNN, Time, Newsweek, and the Washington Post all mentioned the Pulse shooter's religion.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2018, 08:32:26 pm »

Criminals will not give up their guns.  They will continue to find a way to get them.
Again, funny how literally every criminal has decided that they Just Don't Want any fully-automatic firearm manufactured after 1986.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with those weapons being illegal for the public to own, though!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2018, 12:39:26 pm »

Time for more tots and pears.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »

We started protecting celebrities when they showed to be vulnerable to crazy people. Why aren’t kids protected the same way??  Gun free zones are just asking for a crazy person to do some damage and make a name for themselves. Sure it’s nice to try and paint the NRA as bad but I’m betting this kid, like the others before him, are not members.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2018, 03:42:18 pm »

We started protecting celebrities when they showed to be vulnerable to crazy people. Why aren’t kids protected the same way??  Gun free zones are just asking for a crazy person to do some damage and make a name for themselves. Sure it’s nice to try and paint the NRA as bad but I’m betting this kid, like the others before him, are not members.

Are proposing each child have their own body guard?  Celebrities can afford that.  Schools that can't pay teachers a decent wage can't afford to hire a body guard for each pupil.  Every other democracy on the planet has a better solution to prevent this than the USA.  Every. Single. One.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2018, 03:52:44 pm »

Are proposing each child have their own body guard?  Celebrities can afford that.  Schools that can't pay teachers a decent wage can't afford to hire a body guard for each pupil.  Every other democracy on the planet has a better solution to prevent this than the USA.  Every. Single. One.
Stupid answers like that are why nothing gets resolved. You purposely went outrageous so you can make a point. Other wise ... you apparently have none.

If Beyonce or Jay Z was in that school today there would have been plenty of security that was not being paid for by them.  Of course they have their own but whenever they have a public event, where people will know they will be there, then security is provided. Both private and public in many cases.

There is a huge debate that needs to happen but the size of the magazine and taking guns from people who aren't committing crimes are useless and have no effect on the issue at hand. The common denominator is some crazy (not NRA member) with a gin attacks people in a gun free zone. How can we make that situation safer?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2018, 04:07:44 pm »

Stupid answers like that are why nothing gets resolved. You purposely went outrageous so you can make a point. Other wise ... you apparently have none.

If Beyonce or Jay Z was in that school today there would have been plenty of security that was not being paid for by them.  Of course they have their own but whenever they have a public event, where people will know they will be there, then security is provided. Both private and public in many cases.

There is a huge debate that needs to happen but the size of the magazine and taking guns from people who aren't committing crimes are useless and have no effect on the issue at hand. The common denominator is some crazy (not NRA member) with a gin attacks people in a gun free zone. How can we make that situation safer?

Close the loopholes that let these people have guns!  It is that simple.  It works in every other democracy.  The cost of having Beyoncé or Jay Z level security at every school every day would be astronomical.  And in case you forgot Parkland had an armed security guard. 

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray