Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:02:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  New normal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: New normal?  (Read 60472 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:10 pm »

The original intent of the second amendment was NOT to give individuals the right to arm themselves.  The intent was to insure the individual states were allowed to regulate their own individual state militias. 

Keep in mind under the articles of confederation, while the federal government had the power on paper to raise a national army it was at the mercy of the states for its military power.  (Kinda like the UN today, there are no organic UN forces all of them are troops borrowed from some country)

The Constitution put the Federal government in charge of the military. The second amendment was put in place to give the states the right to keep their well regulated militas.  In essence the original intent of the 2nd amendment was to prohibit the Federal Government from disarming the Florida National Guard and Florida State Police. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2018, 03:48:54 pm »

I find it humorous to argue the original intent from either side. None of us were there. None of us know original intent, we just have modern day, personal interpretation of what we think the intent was.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2018, 04:03:16 pm »

I find it humorous to argue the original intent from either side. None of us were there. None of us know original intent, we just have modern day, personal interpretation of what we think the intent was.
And we also have the Supreme Court interpretation, which is the only one that matters.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2018, 08:16:45 pm »

Again, the Supreme Court appears to be completely OK with the existence of the National Firearms Act, which is definitely an infringement on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2018, 04:19:34 am »

Again, the Supreme Court appears to be completely OK with the existence of the National Firearms Act, which is definitely an infringement on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
We're not talking about the National Firearms Act, stop changing the subject. We were talking about your silly interpretation of "well-regulated militia". That issue seems to have been settled with several court rulings, ending with the Supreme Court. I could be wrong, but I doubt that they'll visit that issue again any time soon. Haha, and you bring up an 85 year old law that no one is even talking about and has nothing to do with anything. You drunk or something?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2018, 10:11:59 am »

There was a bombing at a restaurant in Toronto yesterday where the two perps got away. At about the same time there was an active shooter at a restaurant in Oklahoma where the shooter was killed by a good guy with a gun.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2018, 10:36:31 am »

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd shots fired at an Indiana middle school today. I'm sure within a week from today we can add another school.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2018, 10:36:46 am »

There was a bombing at a restaurant in Toronto yesterday where the two perps got away. At about the same time there was an active shooter at a restaurant in Oklahoma where the shooter was killed by a good guy with a gun.   

I can show you a couple of stories about humans biting dogs, but it certainly isn't the norm...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2018, 04:33:58 pm »

If we can just get democrats to quit shooting people then everything would be fine. Maybe that's the ticket. We officially declare liberalism a mental disorder and keep guns out of the hands of democrats. Then the law abiding NRA members would not have to protect themselves so it's a win-win.  Wink

Just laugh ... you that's funny!!

Regardless of anything else in this world that we do .... unless you limit access points and tighten security with detectors then this kind of thing is going to keep happening to our schools. Every low life who thinks his life is worthless and over is going to keep copy catting to become the latest legend. They will use guns, knives, bombs or whatever comes up next.  It took moments to secure our airports and yet years later only a minimal amount of schools are protected.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2018, 05:58:33 pm »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glg15V1q51Y&feature=youtu.be

pretty powerful

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2018, 09:34:14 pm »

Pretty silly.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2018, 04:58:04 pm »

That's so stupid. I guess we need ... sorry your baby got raped cards as well. Seriously ... the amount of reaching by some people to only appeal to their extreme base is mind boggling.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2018, 06:22:10 am »

I guess we have different definitions of powerful.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2018, 11:08:05 am »

That's so stupid. I guess we need ... sorry your baby got raped cards as well. Seriously ... the amount of reaching by some people to only appeal to their extreme base is mind boggling.

They can put them next to the "The Baby Jesus Was A Refugee Too" cards.  As a society, we embrace hysterical dramatics.  From "Obama wants to take your guns" to "Trump hates immigrants".   The truth has become pretty irrelevant these days.  But we just can't get enough sensationalism and exaggeration.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #299 on: December 28, 2018, 11:30:26 am »

They can put them next to the "The Baby Jesus Was A Refugee Too" cards.  As a society, we embrace hysterical dramatics.  From "Obama wants to take your guns" to "Trump hates immigrants".   The truth has become pretty irrelevant these days.  But we just can't get enough sensationalism and exaggeration.

just to nitpick .. "obama wants to take your guns" isn't equivalent to "trump hates immigrants" .. one of those is hysterical conjecture .. the other one is an over generalization.. trump doesn't hate immigrants .. just the brown ones.

a more apt comparison would be "trump likes golden showers from russian hookers" ..
then again .. that one may be true too .. hmm

ok ok .. how about "trump is a russian stooge and takes marching orders from putin" ..
crap .. this is hard..

how about "trump wants to group immigrant kids into concentration camps and wants to raise them as ninja assassins.."
ok that one works .. it's only half true.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray