Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:38:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Great read from Chris Hardwick
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Great read from Chris Hardwick  (Read 799 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:46:55 am »

The following was posted by Chris Hardwick the other day and is worth the read ... IMHO.

Dearest Internet….Please always try to remember that when you’re dropping that comment thread smackdown that gives you a superiority boner or even if you’re a click away from being the “Um, actually” hole-poker that creates more eyerolls than the deafening praise for your inimitable intelligence that you envision, maybe stop for a second & ask yourself if what you’re doing is helpful to the world or just your ego? Is your hot take REALLY for humanity, or deep down for the “likes” it will get you? Having the moral high ground is not a license for verbal abuse. It doesn't matter that your intentions are good. Everyone thinks their intentions are good. Your intentions, however, DO NOT JUSTIFY YOUR APPROACH. I know it’s a tumultuous time but try seeking understanding instead of destruction! That’s not to say you should roll over & let assholes walk all over you. Stand up for what you believe...just don’t become the asshole that you despise. Beating people into intellectual submission creates resentment instead of enlightenment. True strength isn’t showing everyone you can eviscerate some dipstick on social media—true strength is WANTING to eviscerate some dipstick on social media but having the presence of mind to take a step back to confirm whether that will accomplish anything worthwhile. Obviously, it's nearly impossible to do this 100% of the time. You're a person! Our brains are physiologically imperfect. But why not try to trim negative shit down where you can? Eliminating toxic culture starts with YOU. You are significant. Live how you want the world to be. Even though you’re angry, it’s ok to have conversations, it’s ok to not agree with people, & it’s ok to say, “I don’t know”. Being a dick doesn't get you respect. Being right doesn't get you love. GIVING those things gets you those things. On the other side of the inanimate device in your hand & behind the cold, impersonal characters being slathered into text fields is a HUMAN BEING who is also terrified, insecure, & in need of cuddles just like you. Choose empathy over apathy. YOU HAVE THE POWAHHHHH. #PartnershipForASmugFreeAmerica

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:37:41 am »

Nice, always knew there was a reason I liked Chris Hardwick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray