Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jarvis Landry traded to Cleveland?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Jarvis Landry traded to Cleveland?  (Read 7210 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 07:11:37 am »

By now, Tanny is probably HOPING he gets traded.  Especially since it looks like the Dolphins are going to gut the team and fill the roster with low cost, low talent players.  As if Tanny hasn't gotten beaten up enough over the years with that god-awful offensive line.  Their O-Line this year may make last year's OL look like future Hall of Famers.  The poor kid probably won't survive the first 6 games of the year. 

Apparently, the plan is to sign a veteran "leader" to get the offensive line working. Chemistry and coaching matters a heck of lot for the o-line and other teams have gotten a lot better results out of less talent than the Dolphins. Hopefully the renewed focus on these two elements will be enough to keep Tannehill upright.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 07:50:21 am »

Apparently, the plan is to sign a veteran "leader" to get the offensive line working. Chemistry and coaching matters a heck of lot for the o-line and other teams have gotten a lot better results out of less talent than the Dolphins. Hopefully the renewed focus on these two elements will be enough to keep Tannehill upright.

Good point, I agree with you completely. 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 07:58:53 am »

His attitude has been mentioned now, but that wasn't an issue for the first 3 years. Something must have set him off... perhaps how things are handled in MIA

I heard or read something yesterday about that and it really got my attention.  Everyone that Miami gets rid of, the organization puts out some disparaging remark about.  They are like the dumb young guy who breaks up with his girlfriend, but rather than just letting it go, they have to say to everyone, "I never liked that bish anyway."    They traded Ajayi and had to put it out there that he was selfish and not a team guy, etc.  They trade Landry, who from all accounts was very committed to playing hard for the team every week, hated losing, etc and they had to put it out there that he didn't get along with the coach, wasn't a good locker room influence....yet none of that seemed to bother them until he was a free agent.   Now they cut Suh, who worked his ass off more than probably any other player on the team and instead of just saying, "Well, because we don't know how to balance a checkbook and got ourselves in salary cap trouble, we have to cut salary so we are letting him go".......they have to put it out there and say, "He was selfish and too introverted to be a leader."   Yet again, gee, you didn't seem to think those things during the first 3 years of his contract.  Their personnel moves make them look stupid and their narratives make them look childish. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 08:06:08 am »

^ The talk about Landry has been out there for a long time. Coaches have publicly complained about him not running the right routes, doing as he was told, faulting his preparation and participation in meetings. Not bashing him outright, but certainly more than you would expect of a player putting up big numbers. Some of those same things were said publicly about Ajayi as well, especially this year (before his trade). Always trying for the home run instead of just taking the "safe" yards like the coaches asked him to. And, don't forget, Ajayi was benched in 2016 for his poor attitude, so these things aren't coming out of nowhere.

While I would like the Dolphins to pretty much stay silent as they part ways with players, reporters are always going to dig around and try and find at least off-the-record sources to say shit. That's just the way it is.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 08:11:44 am »

^ The talk about Landry has been out there for a long time. Coaches have publicly complained about him not running the right routes, doing as he was told, faulting his preparation and participation in meetings. Not bashing him outright, but certainly more than you would expect of a player putting up big numbers. Some of those same things were said publicly about Ajayi as well, especially this year (before his trade). Always trying for the home run instead of just taking the "safe" yards like the coaches asked him to. And, don't forget, Ajayi was benched in 2016 for his poor attitude, so these things aren't coming out of nowhere.

While I would like the Dolphins to pretty much stay silent as they part ways with players, reporters are always going to dig around and try and find at least off-the-record sources to say shit. That's just the way it is.

Yeah, that is true.  And I should have taken into account the fact that reporters care a lot more about making a headline than they do about accuracy in their articles.  I just find it a little odd that with Landry and Suh, whatever issues they had with them weren't really enough to do anything about until they became a financial burden. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 12:06:34 pm »

^ The talk about Landry has been out there for a long time. Coaches have publicly complained about him not running the right routes, doing as he was told, faulting his preparation and participation in meetings. Not bashing him outright, but certainly more than you would expect of a player putting up big numbers.
ok, so we'll just see if the Dolphins are better off without Landry. They signed another slot receiver who I guess has a great attitude, I'm sure that he'll have 1000 yards of offense next year...and the following year they'll be complaining that he freelances, doesn't always run the right routes, gets penalties, etc. This is called WR 101. I'm not sure where the Dolphins think they are going to find a WR that goes to 3 pro bowls in 4 years that doesn't think his shit doesn't smell. I've never actually seen one in the NFL.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:10:06 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 02:59:55 pm »

The thing about Landry that is being overlooked is that he was doing the job of two players, since Miami hasn't had a decent T.E. since Dan Campbell left to coach at N.O.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 03:41:49 pm »

The thing about Landry that is being overlooked is that he was doing the job of two players, since Miami hasn't had a decent T.E. since Dan Campbell left to coach at N.O.

Makes sense since they just signed two players (Wilson and Amendola) to replace him. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 03:50:54 pm »

And he got less yards than a peewee player. The guy is no difference maker.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 09:15:03 pm »

And he got less yards than a peewee player. The guy is no difference maker.

Landry is not the guy who is going to score the spectacular 60 yard TD reception, BUT he was absolutely the biggest difference maker on the Dolphins offense last year.  He was responsible for 9 of the 24 TD receptions last year, Stills was second with 6, and the other 9 were split up amongst six other guys.  The Dolphins only managed (4) rushing TD's last year, so of the 28 TD's the Dolphins scored Landry was responsible for more than 32% of the scoring by TD.  He was seventh in the entire NFL for 1st Down receptions with 60.  Now I don't think he's worth $16M, or even $14M per year, but let's be honest he is a HUGE contributor.  If the Dolphins didn't screw around before the start of last season they probably could have signed him to 10 or 11 million per year before 2017 season start.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 09:32:24 pm »

Makes sense since they just signed two players (Wilson and Amendola) to replace him. 

Amendola & Wilson's combined cost & 2017 Stats vs. Landry

Cost $14 Million - could have signed Landry for that much

Receptions: 103 vs. 112 for Landry

First Downs: 72 vs. 60 for Landry

Receiving Yards: 1213 vs. 987 for Landry

TD's: 5 vs. 9 for Landry
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 02:30:57 am »

Landry is not the guy who is going to score the spectacular 60 yard TD reception
He had 1 spectacular 50 yard TD reception. See #1 from link below. He also had a 70 yard punt return for a TD, a 30 yard run for a TD and another 65 yard reception that didn't go for a TD on this list. I think he was pretty spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBwrk7sSurA

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:37:46 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 07:19:42 am »

Landry is not the guy who is going to score the spectacular 60 yard TD reception, BUT he was absolutely the biggest difference maker on the Dolphins offense last year.  He was responsible for 9 of the 24 TD receptions last year, Stills was second with 6, and the other 9 were split up amongst six other guys.  The Dolphins only managed (4) rushing TD's last year, so of the 28 TD's the Dolphins scored Landry was responsible for more than 32% of the scoring by TD.  He was seventh in the entire NFL for 1st Down receptions with 60.  Now I don't think he's worth $16M, or even $14M per year, but let's be honest he is a HUGE contributor.  If the Dolphins didn't screw around before the start of last season they probably could have signed him to 10 or 11 million per year before 2017 season start.

As i said all along, the plan was not to have him here in 2018 so why worry about locking him in?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 07:22:32 am »

He had 1 spectacular 50 yard TD reception. See #1 from link below. He also had a 70 yard punt return for a TD, a 30 yard run for a TD and another 65 yard reception that didn't go for a TD on this list. I think he was pretty spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBwrk7sSurA

You found an average of one a year. He really is a breakaway threat.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 03:54:27 pm »

You found an average of one a year. He really is a breakaway threat.
Yeah, don't see that many WR's with multiple 60 yd TD's a year. Even fewer on the Dolphins roster. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray