Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:44:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  N.Suh to be released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: N.Suh to be released  (Read 2490 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:55:59 am »

According to Jeff Darlington of ESPN
The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018.
https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/973204082713382912

For me this is Good news,I was not afan of his signing...Sooo much many for soo many offsides penalties? SMH
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:57:46 am by DaLittle B » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 11:01:45 am »

Let the rebuilding begin. Looks more and more like the Dolphins will be taking a QB with the first pick. He may not necessarily take over for Tannehill this year, but I think Tannehill has 1 more year to either prove that he's a franchise QB or he's gone. Next up Cam Wake. I'm already assuming that Timmons and Thomas are going to be released. Who's after Cam? Pouncey?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:04:25 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Heatles

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 11:09:58 am »

This team is so lame. They just float around picking up free agents, continuing to lose and then releasing them when they ask for to much money. It's been going on for almost 20 years now. What a disgrace.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:26:42 am »

I don't mind this move at all in the mindset to be have more room under the cap.  Suh commands way too much for one player for a team who has too many needs.  But don't give the fan base the "culture change" talk.  From where I'm sitting Suh has been one of the only guys who actually earns his money each week.  Each snap he aborbs an entire portion of the o-line; it vanishes.  And you can't run anywhere within a half mile of the man.  That's his job.  It's not his fault the players around him aren't good enough enough to do their jobs.

Since he's been here I haven't heard a word about him being anything but a good solider.  He hasn't been a 15 yard machine (those are going to happen occasionally to everyone).  So, please, spare me the "culture change" BS and just speak to the truth.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:16:28 pm »

I don't mind this move at all in the mindset to be have more room under the cap.  Suh commands way too much for one player for a team who has too many needs.  But don't give the fan base the "culture change" talk.  From where I'm sitting Suh has been one of the only guys who actually earns his money each week.  Each snap he aborbs an entire portion of the o-line; it vanishes.  And you can't run anywhere within a half mile of the man.  That's his job.  It's not his fault the players around him aren't good enough enough to do their jobs.

Since he's been here I haven't heard a word about him being anything but a good solider.  He hasn't been a 15 yard machine (those are going to happen occasionally to everyone).  So, please, spare me the "culture change" BS and just speak to the truth.

I was actually going to post pretty much the same thing.  Suh plays hard every down, plays almost every snap of the game, requires the opposing team to use up 2 offensive linemen every play to double team him, hates losing and loves playing football, and plays with an outstanding toughness and ferocity.  Yes, I can see why the Dolphins would want to make a "culture change" away from the kind of player.  Maybe they will fill the roster with Jonathan Martins who exude the kind of sensitivity and passiveness that our society craves these days.  They could even run promotions at the stadium called "Millennial Day" where the first 10,000 fans though the gates gets a chai tea and some essential oils. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 12:37:27 pm »

Suh was a good guy, always played hard and earned his money. His teammates failed him, not the other way around.

I can't take anymore of these half assed rebuilds. Just dump everyone, lose every game in 2018 and start fresh. What is our ceiling right now anyway, 8 games?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 01:17:23 pm »

So if it's a culture change they want you can forget about them taking Baker Mayfield. Right?  Evil

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 01:29:18 pm »

Let's be fair about the source of the word "culture change ". It may not be attributed to the organization. No way to tell by the way it is written.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 01:50:26 pm »

For me this is Good news,I was not afan of his signing...Sooo much many for soo many offsides penalties? SMH

ALL. OF. THIS.

There has to be at least 6 Offside penalties he had this season and IIRC 2 were in the same game. Fockin come on.  Your eyes are at the ball before it's snapped. 

Mr Passive Aggressive.  Look, his PFF grades really, really good no doubt, but you can't pay a DT that kinda money and get the kinda return MIA was getting.  It was a dumb move by Hickey or whomever when they got this guy.

The Dolphins are not getting rid of players, just to make dumb moves. They are finally being honest with themselves that they made some bad decisions in the past and they need to do something about it.  Getting rid of Suh was smart IMO
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:52:24 pm by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 06:59:33 pm »

Bloody hell, that's two successive team MVPs that the Dolphins have traded out or released within a year of winning it! Huh Roll Eyes

Anyone remember the Charlie Sheen movie Major League where the owner of the Cleveland Indians traded out all their best players in order to make the team suck enough and stadium attendances low enough that she could get approval to move the team to Miami? Right now I'm trying to guess where Ross wants to move the Dolphins to...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:16:43 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 10:51:08 pm »

Bloody hell, that's two successive team MVPs that the Dolphins have traded out or released within a year of winning it! Huh Roll Eyes

Anyone remember the Charlie Sheen movie Major League where the owner of the Cleveland Indians traded out all their best players in order to make the team suck enough and stadium attendances low enough that she could get approval to move the team to Miami? Right now I'm trying to guess where Ross wants to move the Dolphins to...
Random coach: "This guy is dead!"

Indians Owner: "Then scratch him off the list!"  Evil

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 11:48:49 pm »

I guess the writing was on the wall the day they gave Suh this exorbitant contract.  I didn't like Suh before he came to the Dolphins, but he has really performed well while staying out of trouble.  I just wish they could have found a way to rework the deal and keep him on the team.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 01:45:31 am »

Suh has been the best player on the team by a significant margin, and is one of the few players on the team (other than people on rookie deals) actually earning his paycheck.  Releasing him signals that MIA has no intention to try to win in 2018.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 07:07:40 am »

Suh was, by far, the best player on the field for the Dolphins last year. Sad to see him go, but it seems like there's more to the story than just cap space. Although a $26 million dollar cap hit is always going to attract attention (the Dolphins save  $17M this year if they designate him a post-June-1 cut).

Can't help but wonder what they are going to do with all that cap space, especially if Ju'Wuan James is gone as well. James, Suh, Timmons, and Julius Thomas alone add about $37M in cap space this year.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:41 am »

Suh has been the best player on the team by a significant margin, and is one of the few players on the team (other than people on rookie deals) actually earning his paycheck.  Releasing him signals that MIA has no intention to try to win in 2018.

Truth.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray