Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:26:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Rebuild of 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Rebuild of 2018  (Read 2584 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 09:22:05 am »

In the last 6 months, MIA has traded or released players with 8 combined Pro Bowl appearances as Dolphins, and it's arguable that none of those moves were made for game-performance reasons.  This "we need high character players" stuff rarely works out well for teams that are not already good to start with.
Agreed. Now you can argue that some (or all) of these players weren't worth what they were getting paid, however in the case of Jarvis Landry in my opinion he CLEARLY was outperforming what he was getting paid for 4 years, in my opinion when someone does that you reward them with a contract that reflects that even if you have to overpay him a bit for a year or 2. That's good business and make no mistake the NFL is a business. In my opinion what they just did to Jarvis Landry says I don't care that you were a good soldier for 4 years, we still can't afford you. I don't think that's a smart business decision. Reward your guys and they will want to play hard for you. Don't and they won't. It's no surprise that Landry may have had some trouble doing "everything they wanted him to do" because clearly the Dolphins had no intention of doing "everything he wanted them to do". The "Culture change" rhetoric works both ways. In my opinion part of the problem is the culture in the front office.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:26:18 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »

i can't say a dislike the offensive line moves .. seems like it's an upgrade overall

For this coming season, I agree.  But the new Center and Guard are pretty much 1 to 2 year patches so I would still like to see OL as the 2nd priority going into the draft behind OLB. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 05:01:44 pm »

The consistent misses with our draft picks is what has put us in bad cap shape and low talent levels overall. More than ever, we need to nail this year's draft so we can be setup to play for a wild card in 2019. Unless we fall in love with someone at #11, I'd be open to moving down and getting an extra first rounder or multiple 2nds.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray