Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:39:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins to sign former chiefs WR Albert Wilson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins to sign former chiefs WR Albert Wilson  (Read 2424 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:39:49 am »

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973553698004664321
The #Dolphins are planning to sign former #Chiefs WR Albert Wilson to a 3-year deal worth $24M when the league year begins, sources say.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 09:52:39 am »

I guess he is supposed to be the new slot receiver?  So they essentially switched out a decent ribeye (not filet mignon, but pretty good) for a McDonalds drive thru burger.  I guess the upside is that the burger is cheaper.  But it is probably going to come at the cost of a mess in the toilet in about an hour. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:07:53 am »

first off .. ribeye is the best cut of steak .. not filet .. secondly this would be more like us going from USDA prime to USDA choice .. which i would argue .. price for performance .. is worth it
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:57 am »

first off .. ribeye is the best cut of steak .. not filet .. secondly this would be more like us going from USDA prime to USDA choice .. which i would argue .. price for performance .. is worth it
Ribeye is good because of the fat while filet is just good and lean.

His average per catch is much higher than Landry. In fact, last year he had more than half the yardage of Landry's catches but had way less than half the catches. The only difference I see is that Landry had more balls thrown his way. Seems like a decent deal to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 10:46:00 am »

I see him more like a smaller version of K.Stills,whom I've got a bad opinion on...A whole lot of disappearing acts during games. Undecided

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 10:48:49 am »

Really surprises me that the market for this type of WR, who had his best season (4th yr in NFL)  last yr with 42 catches, commands $8M a yr.  Wow

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:09 am »

I see him more like a smaller version of K.Stills,whom I've got a bad opinion on...A whole lot of disappearing acts during games. Undecided
Don't bring me down B... Hahaha. I actually don't know anything about him other than his stats. In reality I don't have much hope in anything Tannenbaum does.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 11:30:38 am »

Don't bring me down B... Hahaha. I actually don't know anything about him other than his stats. In reality I don't have much hope in anything Tannenbaum Tanne-BUM does.

Fixed it for you

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 12:15:27 pm »

first off .. ribeye is the best cut of steak .. not filet ..

Those, sir, are fighting words.   Grin
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 12:29:32 pm »

I like and respect the guys over at walterfootball.com   They are unbiased and don't have a dog in the hunt when they give their takes on trades, signings, etc.   This is their brief comment about the Wilson signing.

Dolphins sign WR Albert Wilson (3 years, $24 million): D Grade
Wow, this sure is a lot of money for a player who has never done anything. This was very close to earning a Millen grade, but there will be worse contracts signed this week, I promise you.

Albert Wilson has never topped more than 42 catches, 554 receiving yards or three touchdowns in a single season. Granted, he was paired with the limited Alex Smith, but we saw Tyreek Hill thrive with Smith. Wilson could never become a consistent threat in Kansas City, so it's unreasonable to expect him to do the same thing in Miami.

It's unclear what the Dolphins are doing. They dealt their best receiver, Jarvis Landry, for next to nothing, and they followed that up by signing a non-talent like Wilson to a deal worth $8 million per season. I don't understand what sort of strategy this is, but it can't possibly work.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz59eAfEkxV

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#exPtKihLH24UlQTj.99
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 12:36:25 pm »

I'm with you, ribeye > fillet.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 12:41:36 pm »

I like and respect the guys over at walterfootball.com   They are unbiased and don't have a dog in the hunt when they give their takes on trades, signings, etc.   This is their brief comment about the Wilson signing.

Dolphins sign WR Albert Wilson (3 years, $24 million): D Grade
Wow, this sure is a lot of money for a player who has never done anything. This was very close to earning a Millen grade, but there will be worse contracts signed this week, I promise you.

That's pretty harsh, not that I'm ecstatic about the trade, but I was thinking C+ to B at best

the guy has got some speed and can be elusive, just don't believe in the $8M per year for the contract.  Some highlights below from Week 17
Apologize for the Beth Mowins commentating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5rCw9BJ2E

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 01:05:13 pm »

A discussion about steak and wide receivers that doesn't involve Randy Moss.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 01:26:30 pm »

That's pretty harsh, not that I'm ecstatic about the trade, but I was thinking C+ to B at best

the guy has got some speed and can be elusive, just don't believe in the $8M per year for the contract.  Some highlights below from Week 17
Apologize for the Beth Mowins commentating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5rCw9BJ2E
Hmmmm....week 17 against a team that isn't in the playoff hunt. Isn't that pretty much the same thing as a preseason game? Look I'm sure the guy has some talent, but if the Dolphins think that Wilson is a cheaper version of Jarvis Landry, he's not. He's just cheaper.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 02:25:53 pm »

It's unclear what the Dolphins are doing. They dealt their best receiver, Jarvis Landry, for next to nothing, and they followed that up by signing a non-talent like Wilson to a deal worth $8 million per season. I don't understand what sort of strategy this is, but it can't possibly work.

We're just retarded, that's all.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray