Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:36:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins to Sign Former Patriots WR Danny Amendola
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins to Sign Former Patriots WR Danny Amendola  (Read 6525 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 13, 2018, 02:33:00 pm »

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/973625675998523392
NFL Network reports the Dolphins are expected to sign former Patriot Danny Amendola.

Danny Amendola is staying in the AFC East... expected to sign with Miami Dolphins per source.Via Dan Hellie
https://twitter.com/DanHellie/status/973625199194025984

More old dudes... Angry
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:34:35 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:13 pm »

Don't be so negative.  Last year the Dolphins signed old dudes with Timmons and Thomas and look how great that turned out.   Wink
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:57 pm »

This makes no sense.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:38:27 pm »

And now I'm confused again. Hope he's coming on the cheap. Really cheap.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:40:14 pm »

The ESPN article says, "Amendola has established himself as a clutch playoff receiver."   How exactly is that going to benefit the Dolphins who may never make another playoff in my lifetime? 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 04:55:44 pm »

2 years .. 12 mil
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 05:24:50 pm »

That seems about right. I have a better feeling about Amendola contributing then I do Wilson.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:22 pm »

I guess we can still tank with an old WR not making a ton. Certainly not being competitive with one.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 06:58:00 pm »

This is one of, if not the best things we have done IMHO. He's a tough, no nonsense guy, who brings leadership to the lost. I started liking him when he ran out and held the flag at a time when others were kneeling. Add in Wilson and I think we upgraded at the position for less money. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 11:06:10 pm »

That picture does not surprise me in the least.  The Patriots are a team that embodies everything the "stick to sports" crowd loves: from star players taking less money for the privilege of competing, to NE's penchant for stoically discarding longtime players the moment they believe they have maximally consumed their ability, to their gritty and hard-working complexion image.

And even on that team, Amendola managed to distinguish himself as One Of The Good Ones who will not brook any of this rabble-rousing by spoiled, entitled millionaires who don't appreciate how lucky they are to even be allowed in this country.

He is who I thought he was.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 06:49:33 am »

I hear we're trading in our helmets next year for white pointy hoods.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 02:26:56 pm »

Yes, because there is nothing more racist than respecting the flag.  Jesus Fucking Christ.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 03:04:49 pm »

He is who I thought he was.
And who did you think he was?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 03:45:18 pm »

This is who I thought he was which means Spider probably thinks the exact opposite. Not sure how he can spin these qualities into a negative but I bet he can ... hahaha

Speaking on a conference call Monday, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels had the highest of praise for the receiver.

“He’s one of the all-time great teammates, no question about it,” McDaniels said. “However big or small you tell him his role is going to be on a week-to-week basis, he embraces that. He prepares really hard. He cares about doing it right. He’s always ready to go, however much you need him or are going to use him, and he’s as competitive as anybody else we have. He plays hard on every single snap and will do anything for the team to help us win. I don’t know that I could give a greater compliment to a player than that. And he always plays big in the big games.”

McDaniels added: “He’s a guy that you trust, that you want in the game, that you can count on, and you know you’re always going to get his best effort. Like a lot of our guys, he can take himself to another level and try to do a little bit more than maybe what he’s done in the past, and he does a great job of preparing hard to be able to do that. It’s a testament to him how much he cares about his teammates and our team in general. I love having the guy. It’s a privilege to coach people like him.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 01:52:17 am »

Amendola is the poster child for mediocre receivers failing upward.  He couldn't hold Wes Welker's jock strap.

But yeah, let's celebrate the signing of this year's Wayne Chrebet, all because he's the type of guy to make sure that noisy players who are speaking out of turn know their place, shut up and play football.  I'm sure there are still plenty of roster spots for quite a few more mediocre players with high character who can't make a play, but can damned sure make sure everyone sees them grabbing on to a field-sized flag.

And let's be absolutely clear about what I'm saying, here:  in no way do I fault or criticize players who choose not to participate in protests.  Every man should make his own choice as to what his beliefs are.  But I will criticize showboaters like Amendola, who find it insufficient to simply stand at attention for the anthem as he was before.  No, he needed to go out of his way to show everyone how much he disagrees with people who protest by running out on to the field and grabbing the flag for the cameras.

However, I could be mistaken.  If that picture was taken prior to August 2016, I will happily admit I was wrong and speedily retract all of my unfair criticism of Amendola, who is an honest patriot that loves the flag*.  But if that picture was taken after the protests started, Amendola seems like the worst type of fake patriot... the kind that believes anyone who feels wronged by our government needs to shut up and clap louder.

*note: I will also accept any prior statement by Amendola criticizing those who fly the Confederate flag instead of the Stars & Stripes, which would signify that he really does care about the flag that much.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:37:32 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray