Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins to Sign Former Patriots WR Danny Amendola
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins to Sign Former Patriots WR Danny Amendola  (Read 6496 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 03:34:25 am »

I also wanted to get this on the record.  If you take anything away from my posts in this thread, let it be this:

Danny Amendola is not a good player.  Losing a back-to-back-to-back Pro Bowl slot receiver and replacing him with this mediocre journeyman is an incredible blow to the prospects of the Miami Dolphins having a successful season.  And I'm not much interested in this BS spin about how great of a guy he is.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 06:48:25 am »

But what about his family?  ;-)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 08:45:08 am »

But what about his family?  ;-)

Is Ted Ginn back?!?!?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 11:43:10 am »

I also wanted to get this on the record.  If you take anything away from my posts in this thread, let it be this:

Danny Amendola is not a good player.  Losing a back-to-back-to-back Pro Bowl slot receiver and replacing him with this mediocre journeyman is an incredible blow to the prospects of the Miami Dolphins having a successful season.  And I'm not much interested in this BS spin about how great of a guy he is.
You lost a guy who got the ball too much to two guys. One of them is a proven clutch, team player and the other an up and coming player who will add additional speed to an already quick group in Stills and Grant. And you did all this for much cheaper than you would have to spend to keep just the one player.

In reality Landry wouldn't be getting all those catches moving forward as they want to spread the ball. Without 100 plus catches what exactly does Landry bring to the table that makes him a Pro bowler? I really liked Landry until he got crazy for money. In a nutshell he is a solid player but only a pro bowler because we sucked.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 01:16:21 pm »

Without 100 plus catches what exactly does Landry bring to the table that makes him a Pro bowler?
Well in all fairness, he can spin the ball on the turf and do his little robot finger point whenever he gets a first down for 3 yards. That dude is a clown and I'm glad he's gone...

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 01:32:56 pm »

I think bad mouthing Landry is how some of you deal with losing a good player.  Realistically, it was all about money.  He wasn't worth what he wanted and left.  Simple as that.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »

I think bad mouthing Landry is how some of you deal with losing a good player.  Realistically, it was all about money.  He wasn't worth what he wanted and left.  Simple as that.
I wasn't bad mouthing him so if you're referring to me you are wrong. Landry has always had critics prior to him being traded as there are a lot of people who weren't a fan of his attitude. It's not how I would play it but I didn't have issue with it. I was brought up in the day of "act like you've been here before" era. As the Washington Post put it ... "It is hard to imagine Lombardi not fuming at the sight of a mediocre defensive lineman dancing with self-celebratory delight after making a routine tackle in the second quarter with the team trailing by 14 points." For many people that describes Landry.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 02:16:21 pm »

I wasn't bad mouthing him so if you're referring to me you are wrong. Landry has always had critics prior to him being traded as there are a lot of people who weren't a fan of his attitude. It's not how I would play it but I didn't have issue with it. I was brought up in the day of "act like you've been here before" era. As the Washington Post put it ... "It is hard to imagine Lombardi not fuming at the sight of a mediocre defensive lineman dancing with self-celebratory delight after making a routine tackle in the second quarter with the team trailing by 14 points." For many people that describes Landry.
I wasn't specifically referring to you, but I'll address your comment.  I get the whole, "act like you've been there before" thing.  Barry Sanders was the epitome of that.  Having said that, it's a loose foundation of an argument on why anyone would want a player like Landry off their team, especially when he didn't cause as many penalties being a showboat as people think.

"I don't like that guy dancing around all the time" just isn't a good enough argument for me when it's typically not detrimental to the team.  Which leads me back to my other point:  It was about money plain and simple.  Everything else is just noise.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:19:04 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 02:26:01 pm »

But yeah, let's celebrate the signing of this year's Wayne Chrebet, all because he's the type of guy to make sure that noisy players who are speaking out of turn know their place, shut up and play football.  I'm sure there are still plenty of roster spots for quite a few more mediocre players with high character who can't make a play, but can damned sure make sure everyone sees them grabbing on to a field-sized flag.

And let's be absolutely clear about what I'm saying, here:  in no way do I fault or criticize players who choose not to participate in protests.  Every man should make his own choice as to what his beliefs are.  But I will criticize showboaters like Amendola, who find it insufficient to simply stand at attention for the anthem as he was before.  No, he needed to go out of his way to show everyone how much he disagrees with people who protest by running out on to the field and grabbing the flag for the cameras.

However, I could be mistaken.  If that picture was taken prior to August 2016, I will happily admit I was wrong and speedily retract all of my unfair criticism of Amendola, who is an honest patriot that loves the flag*.  But if that picture was taken after the protests started, Amendola seems like the worst type of fake patriot... the kind that believes anyone who feels wronged by our government needs to shut up and clap louder.
Isn't all of this getting quite close to you are allowed to demonstrate your feelings on an issue as long as it's the feeling that I agree with. Why shouldn't Amendola be able to express how he feels about the demonstrators by showing his support for the flag?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 02:52:34 pm »

It was about money plain and simple.  Everything else is just noise.
I agree 100%. I was just explaining why some people didn't care for him and are happy he is gone. I'm guessing they make up the minority of people. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 02:53:43 pm »

Isn't all of this getting quite close to you are allowed to demonstrate your feelings on an issue as long as it's the feeling that I agree with. Why shouldn't Amendola be able to express how he feels about the demonstrators by showing his support for the flag?
Isn't that the way of the world today? Agree with me or you are an evil SOB! There is no longer an in between for most people.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 02:53:55 pm »

I agree with Spider about Amendola,I don't think he's good player as much as he played with Tom Brady,and the Patriots,and tended to come up big in the playoffs....If we actually think this shit hole team is making a run in the playoffs/coming off a playoff season...it might be a different story.A "name" guy for the offense,and I think it's more of a referendum of how shitty our current Wr's are specifically L.Caroo,Grant and the no names,undrafted guys...

In reality Landry wouldn't be getting all those catches moving forward as they want to spread the ball. Without 100 plus catches what exactly does Landry bring to the table that makes him a Pro bowler? I really liked Landry until he got crazy for money. In a nutshell he is a solid player but only a pro bowler because we sucked.

How soon we forget.Landry blocked his ass off,fought for every inch (at times to his detriment,and he'd fumble),He'd take that off target pass (most Wr's dropped) catch it with one hand,and still manage to make some yardage out of it.He showed up every game...All those things are respected by the defensive players we play against,and noticed by other coaches...All who help vote for the pro bowl...

(I personally don't think Pro bowls mean much)

Stop,Landry is Gone,we fucked that horse,it's dead and it's time to stop kicking it.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 03:02:02 pm »

I agree with Spider about Amendola,I don't think he's good player as much as he played with Tom Brady,and the Patriots,and tended to come up big in the playoffs....If we actually think this shit hole team is making a run in the playoffs/coming off a playoff season...it might be a different story.A "name" guy for the offense,and I think it's more of a referendum of how shitty our current Wr's are specifically L.Caroo,Grant and the no names,undrafted guys...

How soon we forget.Landry blocked his ass off,fought for every inch (at times to his detriment,and he'd fumble),He'd take that off target pass (most Wr's dropped) catch it with one hand,and still manage to make some yardage out of it.He showed up every game...All those things are respected by the defensive players we play against,and noticed by other coaches...All who help vote for the pro bowl...

(I personally don't think Pro bowls mean much)

Stop,Landry is Gone,we fucked that horse,it's dead and it's time to stop kicking it.
So you are saying he was a difference maker? I think he was solid player but far from being an actual difference maker. I mean ... we won 6 games with our 25th ranked offense with him having over 100 catches and an unlimited number of blocks. It doesn't seem like we have much farther to fall. I, as well as pretty much everyone, feels he is nowhere near a Julio Jones or Antonio Bryant. They are difference makers.

For the record I think Suh is a great player but in the whole scheme of things with the money he makes ... he isn't much a difference maker either. Wake in his prime and Jason Taylor were our last difference makers. We are starving for the next one IMO.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 03:23:58 pm »

^^^ An who was our QB's,and O-lineman blocking those QB's to get Landry those balls,versus those players you're comparing Landry too?.Different Teams,Different schemes,Different players on those teams.He was OUR Hines Ward,with an Attitude....Like him, Love him/ hate him you had to stop him...

If he's not a difference maker who did Defensive Coordinators have to to stop on our shitty offense? I seemed to hear constantly,you have to limit Jarvis Landry.

Now can we stop rehashing this B.S. with Landry?

Modified to add...I just think it's hilarious,1st it's Landry attitude,then nitpick/discount his production (while making next to nothing),then compare him to guy's who already got paid,for not wanting to pay landry  Huh I wholeheartedly admit, I'm one the 1st people to complain that player A isn't worth what we're paying a guy...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:30:57 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 03:34:47 pm »

You lost a guy who got the ball too much to two guys. One of them is a proven clutch, team player
Funny how Amendola's "clutchness" coincides precisely with the time Tom Brady was throwing a football at him.  He is almost as "clutch" as Deion Branch!

Without 100 plus catches what exactly does Landry bring to the table that makes him a Pro bowler?

This is an unfair and bad question.  Besides sacks, what does Wake bring to the table that made him a Pro Bowler?

In a nutshell he is a solid player but only a pro bowler because we sucked.
Landry was a Pro Bowler in 2016 when MIA made the playoffs, and he was a big reason they did so, especially after Tanny went down.

It's ironic that you say JT and Wake in their primes were the only difference makers, as during their most dominant years (respectively) MIA was nowhere NEAR the playoffs.  At all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray