Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:28:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Another one bites the dust .... Bears are signing Dolphins kicker Cody Parkey.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another one bites the dust .... Bears are signing Dolphins kicker Cody Parkey.  (Read 1409 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: March 13, 2018, 02:51:50 pm »

Looks like one of our best kickers ever is on the move ...

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bears are signing Dolphins kicker Cody Parkey.

The Bears finished up last year with Mike Nugent, but only after they plowed through a number of other alternatives.

In Parkey, they found a young (26) and accurate (21-of-23 field goals last year) kicker, which could offer some stability.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/bears-signing-kicker-cody-parkey/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:56:44 pm »

And with the 11th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Dolphins select, Jimbo Polotzki, Kicker, Santa Fe Community College. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »

And with the 11th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Dolphins select, Jimbo Polotzki, Kicker, Santa Fe Community College. 

My thoughts exactly.   Lips Sealed
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:39:05 pm »

I forgot to add that with the cunning shrewdness of the organization that brought you Lorento "$300K per catch" Caroo, the Fins gave up their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up two spots to select the kicker from Santa Fe Community College with the 9th pick instead of 11th.  Tannenbaum was quoted as saying, "When you see a game changing talent like that, you can't let someone else beat you to the punch."
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 04:24:24 pm »

Why did we get rid of Parkey?  He was solid as hell.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 04:57:49 pm »

get rid of is a strong word .. he was a free agent .. he probably got a offer from chicago in the non-tampering tampering period and he felt it was better than what miami offered so he took off
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »

Why did we get rid of Parkey?  He was solid as hell.

The word is he was not a good guy in the locker room, poor preparation, didn't listen to coaches, free lanced too much, wasn't a team leader,..did I miss anything?  Oh yeah and Tannebaum read on some site that a guy called D4L said he missed a kick in the third quarter of the first preseason game back in 2015 that cost them the game, so he let him walk.

But in all seriousness, kicker is the least of Miami's worries.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:38:17 pm by masterfins » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 07:42:08 am »

If mia keeps making these types of moves the punter will be on the field more plays than the kicker.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 07:43:36 am »

The word is he was not a good guy in the locker room, poor preparation, didn't listen to coaches, free lanced too much, wasn't a team leader,..did I miss anything?  Oh yeah and Tannebaum read on some site that a guy called D4L said he missed a kick in the third quarter of the first preseason game back in 2015 that cost them the game, so he let him walk.

Nicely done.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray