Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:13:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Pouncey wants out,expected to be released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pouncey wants out,expected to be released  (Read 1590 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 15, 2018, 12:26:32 pm »

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974314358724595712
More changes coming in Miami: Dolphins center Mike Pouncey has requested his released and Miami is expected to grant it today, per source. Moving on from Pouncey, Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry.

Mike Pouncey has requested his release.per Shefter

Joe Schad on reasons why
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/974316055807057920
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/974316369188741121

Mike Pouncey just clarified for me. He wants a release because the team did not want to do a longer-team deal. "I know my career isn’t over," Pouncey said.

Mike Pouncey declined to take a pay cut. "I gave this city everything I had," Pouncey told me. "I’m heartbroken." #MiamiDolphins
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:30:33 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 12:28:54 pm »

Several writers have tweeted that. See you Pouncey. Thanks for the memories.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 12:32:16 pm »

I just saw that story myself.  Looks like he knows when to jump off a sinking ship.  If not for the injuries, I think Pouncey would have been talked about in the same conversations as Dwight Stephenson and Jim Langer.  Guy sucked it up and still played pretty damn well even with significant injuries. This team is going to suck really bad for a really long time before it ever becomes playoff relevant again.  It is difficult to watch.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 12:37:16 pm »

I'm not heartbroken about it,I felt like he was a bad bet,with his continual injury problems.It's just another hole in the dyke to for the crappy front office to stick bubble gum in...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 12:58:24 pm »

If Sitton is smart, he just upped his contract demands for signing with Miami.  Because signing him just became more important.  Tannehill might ask to be released too, just because he wants to actually live through the season without getting killed on the field. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 01:18:14 pm »

His best days are behind him.  Good luck Pouncey.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 02:06:30 pm »

I'm fine with Pouncey leaving, he's not worth the money he is being paid; and it's one less worry of when he will get injured and for how long.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 08:23:44 pm »

He played hard but of course the team didn't want a long term deal. He misses games constantly and will only miss more in the future.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 06:48:10 am »

I have mixed emotions about Pouncey going, but I am okay with it in the sceme of things.

He undoubtedly has enormous talent, and yet will always seem to be caught in the shadow of his brother. Recent injuries haven't exactly helped his stock in regard to on field results.

He will never be the sort of leader the Dolphins need to negotiate their way out of this self inflicted hell; in the past he's been all too willing to blindly follow destructive characters like Hernandez & Incognito, last year he did not step up to fill an obvious void. Now he sulks about not being offered a long term/big enough contract and wants out?

Okay mate, you can go. We may miss you, but good luck anyway, and enjoy your paycheck...
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 10:57:03 am »

Did I read wrong or did he accept less money that is going to be taxed more to play in California?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 01:37:25 pm »

Did I read wrong or did he accept less money that is going to be taxed more to play in California?
The Dolphins wanted him to take a pay cut, so it's hard to determine whether or not he would have made more money if he stayed with Miami.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray