Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:00:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The County I live in premieres on Live PD tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The County I live in premieres on Live PD tonight  (Read 1360 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 16, 2018, 10:57:33 am »

It was announced that the Greene County Mo. Sheriffs department has agreed to be one of the departments LivePD rides along with starting tonight (12 week run).

The City had a few episodes of Cops shot here a few years ago.I did find those episodes interesting, how they were cut,and shot.

The Live PD thing is a bit of interesting timing,seems like good PR for for the County commission/sherriffs department  as they are being investigated the state ethics commission,and hounded by the state auditor for an audit because of mis-appropriation of county funds,employees,coercion,having to do with the a sales tax for the temporary jail tax issue last fall.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 06:37:32 pm »

We're going to get to see B on the tv.  Smiley
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:47:39 am »

Do something nutty, B...get those cops over to your place!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »

About a million years ago when I was a young pup local cop, when the tv show Cops was in their first or second year, they rode along with my district for a while.  Any video they shot of yours truly ended up on the cutting room floor. But my buddy Jimmy was shown on several episodes.  We were all amazed when he got literally hundreds of love letters from women who had seen him on tv.  His wife thought the first 5 or 10 were funny  After that, I think she began to feel a little threatened.   Grin
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 03:13:38 pm »

^^One of the scenes shown on Cops older opening was one of the scenes they shot here...Fat white dude shirtless plopping out of a rolling SUV on to the ground in a field. Smh...

I've had a Police scanner on in my living room since 2011,I live in a shit neighborhood,and it's amazing how many things I hear on it around me...But it leads me to this....

The one thing I realized (and I should have realized this much sooner  Embarrassed ) how much of a delay there really is between it happening,and seeing it on Live PD.I'm not talking about the "earlier in this place " taped segments. Also how many things,don't get followed through on air,or stop even though the situation is still on going (I'm not sure how to phrase it).

They opened the Show Friday night with a chase here in town,they prefaced this as just a little a bit ago (it was actually about 7 pm,to 7:15ish local time when the chase came over the scanner,shows starts at 8pm here),and they called off the chase because there was too much traffic,injury risk,etc. Live Pd when on to do it's opening,and Studio stuff...

BUT....just minutes later,4-5 blocks away,City caught the guy,after he caused an accident.

Later,another chase here,Live PD showed the County Deputies canceling the 2 on the Motorcycle getting away...Too dangerous.I was hearing that the chase,and subsequent motorcycle accident happening on the scanner.They later showed the motor cycle accident happening,and our Sheriff having to get his mug on Live Pd.

I was shocked that time difference,seemed to be anywhere from 20-40 minutes..

I can't see myself getting on Live T.V.,but if you see a guy in a Cubs Ball cap...It might be me... Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:15:11 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:10:25 pm »

I'll have to check in to watch a couple episodes.  I was watching this show when it first started, but a couple of the cops it followed were real d1ck$ (specifically the one guy from Arizona), so I stopped watching.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray