Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:16:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  General Offseason Moves
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: General Offseason Moves  (Read 2697 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:45:01 pm »

Rehash:
Suh out.
Landry traded.
Pouncey gone.

Looks like Damien Williams is out and going to KC and we have Frank Gore coming today for a workout.  I would still like them to take a late round flyer on a RB in the draft.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »

ESPN reporting that they signed Gore to a one year contract.  The Dolphins should win an award for thinking outside the box.  When most teams are rebuilding, they do it with young players, the Dolphins are stocking their roster with guys who will be eligible for social security in about two years.  They clearly did not learn much from the Timmons/Thomas fiasco last year.  I'm sure they know more about football than I do, but damn these guys leave me scratching my head sometimes. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:58:46 pm »

Brock Osweiler slated to visit Dolphins

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brock-osweiler-slated-visit-dolphins-155719890.html

Eh, I guess he's okay for a backup.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »

ESPN reporting that they signed Gore to a one year contract.  The Dolphins should win an award for thinking outside the box.  When most teams are rebuilding, they do it with young players, the Dolphins are stocking their roster with guys who will be eligible for social security in about two years.  They clearly did not learn much from the Timmons/Thomas fiasco last year.  I'm sure they know more about football than I do, but damn these guys leave me scratching my head sometimes. 
Timmons and Thomas were starters.  Gore will be a backup.  You want veterans on the Oline and youth for depth that can eventually take there place.  I don't see the problem.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:02:35 pm »

I'm okay with a veteran backup RB as long as he is cheap.  And you may not see the OL problem yet, but you will when our new Center and Guard show the inevitable decline of OL guys north of 30.  The 49ers didn't replace Kilgore and trade him to the Dolphins for the huge price of moving up 4 spots in the 7th round because he was awesome.  And the Bears let Sitton go specifically because they wanted to get younger at that position. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 10:46:49 am »

I think Someone needs to show Mike Tannenbaum how to use the calendar app on his cellphone,He seems to believe it's 2010... Cheesy Embarrassed

I can see the Gore move ending a lot like the Arian Foster/Knowshon Moreno to Miami Moves... Tongue

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 11:57:02 am »

And that is what frustrates me the most.  As many times as they have seen that this strategy rarely pays off, they just keep doing things the same way, over and over again.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 01:19:57 pm »

I think Someone needs to show Mike Tannenbaum how to use the calendar app on his cellphone,He seems to believe it's 2010... Cheesy Embarrassed

I can see the Gore move ending a lot like the Arian Foster/Knowshon Moreno to Miami Moves... Tongue

+1.  I don't mind bringing in a veteran, but a RB that has played 14 seasons is beyond being a veteran.  At this point in his career I'm sure Gore just wants to pick up a couple paychecks and avoid suffering a long lasting injury; not exactly a go getter at this point (and I don't blame him).

As for Williams being gone, I liked him very much as a RB.  However, he did think he was worth more than he was being paid the other year when his contract was up.  I guess he was just another player that didn't follow direction.  Roll Eyes
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 05:23:32 pm »

Gore rushed for almost 1000 yards last year with a horrible oline. If he does anywhere close to that behind Drake then we are winning some games.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 09:50:25 am »

My out of left field,just need to say it.....2 cents...
With our recent signings (Gore,Osweiler,bringing back Sam Young) I've this overwhelming feeling ole Mikey boy is going to pull a Jets 2009, Jeff Ireland 2013,(Baseball Reference) Jim Hendry I don't care what anyone says or who it cost narrow mindedness of vision,Donnie Dumbfuck-esque - I'm the smartest guy in the the league,You gonna love this move it's gonna be Hu-ge..You'll see....Fuck up in the draft.

Mike Tannebaum's moves give the appearance of trying to build this super defense,yet strip the offense to bodges,and risky players,then Blame his boy wonder coach for the the lack of success. 

Shrugs shoulders  Undecided Lips Sealed

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 07:49:19 pm »

I'm all for getting bringing in character guys and changing culture, but we can't overlook the fact that we got rid of a lot of high salaried guys and are still in bad cap shape despite already being a bad team with not a lot of draft picks. Can't look at that as anything but a failure.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 11:34:33 am »

I'm all for getting bringing in character guys and changing culture, but we can't overlook the fact that we got rid of a lot of high salaried guys and are still in bad cap shape despite already being a bad team with not a lot of draft picks. Can't look at that as anything but a failure.
Not in as bad a cap space as you think.  They're in the bottom 7 right now, but get $17 million from cutting Suh June 1st.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 01:43:20 pm »

Not in as bad a cap space as you think.  They're in the bottom 7 right now, but get $17 million from cutting Suh June 1st.

Isn't he already cut? He just signed with the Rams.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 03:49:45 pm »

Isn't he already cut? He just signed with the Rams.
Yes, he's been released, but he was designated as a June 1st cut which means that the change doesn't actually apply to the salary cap until June 1st. He is still free to sign with another team prior to that date.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 07:43:25 pm »

Since he's designated as a June 1 cut, couldn't the Dolphins hypothetically choose not to cut him between now and June 1?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray