Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:40:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brock Osweiler signs one-year deal with Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Brock Osweiler signs one-year deal with Dolphins  (Read 2823 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 04:15:49 pm »

i think if they take a QB high in the draft, that brock is gonna get cut after training camp
I don't see any way that Miami takes a QB at 11. They are either gonna have to move up in the draft or hope one falls to them, neither of which seems very likely.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 05:24:38 pm »

I don't see any way that Miami takes a QB at 11. They are either gonna have to move up in the draft or hope one falls to them, neither of which seems very likely.

In the same sentence you said you don't see a way miami gets a 1st round QB, then provide 2 scenarios in which they do just that.

All i'm saying is that if miami goes QB early, they jettison Osweiler after training camp. if not, then they have a backup for the year
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 07:46:12 pm »

Has Moore even been released yet?

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 08:06:53 pm »

Has Moore even been released yet?
He's not on the roster and he's not under contract. Technically they could still sign him, but they won't.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:10:14 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 08:09:37 pm »

In the same sentence you said you don't see a way miami gets a 1st round QB
Actually I said I don't see them picking one at 11.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 11:38:05 pm »

That's not really the question though is it. The question is whether or not Matt Moore is a better backup for Ryan Tannehill and in my opinion the answer to that question is no, he's not.

My reasoning is that Matt Moore is a different type of QB than Ryan Tannehill or Brock Osweiler. Matt Moore is a true drop back QB and nothing more. He's not much of a threat to scramble. He's not a threat at all to run the ball. I'm not even sure that rollouts are really something in his bag of tricks. Tannehill and Osweiler are both nimble enough to do all of those things. Moore also tends to get hurt easily or at least Gase believes that. The last thing we need if Tannehill goes down is Moore to come in just to get hurt himself. Moore also is not really a short passing game type of QB, he's more of a gunslinger in my opinion, he likes to go down the field. Tannehill and I believe Osweiler are more willing to dump it off to backs and opt for the shorter routes then try to push it down the field. I also feel like Gase feels the same way. Gase had the chance to play Moore last year and he instead begged Cutler to come play.

It's no secret that I never liked Moore as the backup for Miami, but apparently Gase didn't either and apparently he prefers Osweiler as well. Maybe I'm giving Gase too much credit, but I tend to think he might know a little more about Osweiler then most.

I don't disagree with your analysis of Moore, overall; but I'd rather have a QB that's gonna throw the ball down field.  I'd like to hope we are going to have a much improved O-line once the draft is completed; so that whoever the QB is that he doesn't have to be constantly scrambling.  As for Osweiler & Gase, as I mentioned in another thread coaches seem to look at players (and coaches) that they have been associated with on previous teams through rose colored glasses.  The only time Osweiler has won is when he was on a team with a top rated defense.  Osweiler is an interception machine.  And yes I think you are giving Gase to much credit, the Cutler fiasco last year is a perfect example.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 09:48:56 pm »

I don't disagree with your analysis of Moore, overall; but I'd rather have a QB that's gonna throw the ball down field.  I'd like to hope we are going to have a much improved O-line once the draft is completed; so that whoever the QB is that he doesn't have to be constantly scrambling.  As for Osweiler & Gase, as I mentioned in another thread coaches seem to look at players (and coaches) that they have been associated with on previous teams through rose colored glasses.  The only time Osweiler has won is when he was on a team with a top rated defense.  Osweiler is an interception machine.  And yes I think you are giving Gase to much credit, the Cutler fiasco last year is a perfect example.

Osweiler always was an interception machine, but the NFL scouts & coaches got taken in by his 6' 7'' size and arm strength and thought they could iron out the bugs to make him elite. I got a bad feeling Gase still thinks this after their time together at Denver and would not be surprised that if instead of a pure backup he views him as genuine competition to Tannehill, and at the start of (or sometime during) the season he ends up named as the starter. That or if the offense blows this year, Tannehill gets the blame and is cut to make way for Osweiler - Gase has already operated like this before with players he has inherited, it should be no surprise if it happens again (especially when we also seem to be trying to claw back salary cap space).
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray