Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:49:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Rams breaks the gender barrier
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Rams breaks the gender barrier  (Read 6051 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: March 29, 2018, 02:28:38 pm »

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/29/rams-first-male-cheerleaders

Prior to this the glass ceiling for male cheerleaders was college programs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 02:33:15 pm »

I....just.....can't.....even.  Words fail me. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:24:59 pm »

When do the females and the "I identify as" clowns get signed as NFL players?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 03:28:27 pm »

I got no issue with this.  ...don't really care.  I would like it if cheerleading were more akin to college cheerleading, instead of glorified models, but whatever.  I wouldn't care if they scrapped the whole thing, either.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 03:55:56 pm »

When do the females and the "I identify as" clowns get signed as NFL players?

Probably not long after the last closed-minded human dinosaur has passed from the Earth.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:18:34 pm »

When do the females...get signed as NFL players?
This is exactly what I thought when I read the subject and thought wow that's awesome. I guess that will have to wait a little yet. I don't think it's as far away as you might think.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 04:21:31 pm »

All I can think about this is why?  The cheerleaders do nothing but give some men something to stare at during the downtime. Is there a large portion of gay guys at footballs games missing out that I'm not aware of? Just seems forced for no reason other than it promotes inclusion.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 04:57:56 pm »

All I can think about this is why?  The cheerleaders do nothing but give some men something to stare at during the downtime. Is there a large portion of gay guys at footballs games missing out that I'm not aware of? Just seems forced for no reason other than it promotes inclusion.

actullly coed squads have a greater range of acrobatic moves than the all female teams.  Women generally don't have the upper body strength to toss other women as high for flips and safely catch them etc.

As for women get signed by the NFL.  I think that is less discrimination and more they just aren't good enough.  There are women who have been kickers and punter at the college level and at least one woman who tried out for an NFL team, but they just wasn't good enough.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:02:12 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 05:05:32 pm »

actullly coed squads have a greater range of acrobatic moves than the all female teams.  Women generally don't have the upper body strength to toss other women as high for flips and safely catch them etc.

As for women get signed by the NFL.  I think that is less discrimination and more they just aren't good enough.  There are women who have been kickers and punter at the college level and at least one woman who tried out for an NFL team, but they just wasn't good enough.
I don't think these guys are like the male college cheerleaders. Well, technically the girls aren't either.  I think they are just dancers. I have a lot of respect for male cheerleaders in college as I've seen what it takes. Some of those guys are even bigger and stronger than the players. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »

I don't think these guys are like the male college cheerleaders. Well, technically the girls aren't either.  I think they are just dancers. I have a lot of respect for male cheerleaders in college as I've seen what it takes. Some of those guys are even bigger and stronger than the players. 

It is quite possible that the Rams intend to expand the routine to include more of the college type stuff if so great.  If they are just going to wave pomp pomps then I agree it is pointless.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 09:33:39 am »

Cheerleading is also generally a more dangerous sport than what they're cheering on.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:07:58 pm »

Um...there are women at NFL games also, and no they are not all lesbians.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 05:25:35 am »

This is exactly what I thought when I read the subject and thought wow that's awesome. I guess that will have to wait a little yet. I don't think it's as far away as you might think.

It is absolutely further away than anyone thinks, unless they think it will never happen. Let's be honest about it. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 04:04:45 pm »

I got no issue with this.  ...don't really care.  I would like it if cheerleading were more akin to college cheerleading, instead of glorified models, but whatever.  I wouldn't care if they scrapped the whole thing, either.

I agree.   Nobody really pays attention to the cheerleaders at NFL games.  Now if there were female assistant coaches, that would be an eye opener.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 04:38:19 pm »

Now if there were female assistant coaches, that would be an eye opener.
I hope you're sitting down.  There have already been two.

Kathryn Smith was hired as a full time assistant coach by BUF in 2016:

Katie Sowers was hired as a full time assistant coach by SF in 2017:

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray