Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:04:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Stuff left in carts at Walmart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stuff left in carts at Walmart  (Read 2027 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 03, 2018, 12:51:43 pm »

This morning, I went to Walmart to pick up a gift my mother had ordered for me.  I also decided to get my grocery shopping done, so I grab a cart.  In the cart was two bottles of nail polish, two different shades.  They were unopened and had obviously fallen out of the grocery bags of the previous person who used that cart.  I tossed them into my car before heading in, then took them home and gave them to my girlfriend. 

Has this happened to any of you?  If so, what are your thoughts on this?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 01:06:38 pm »

Loose stuff in carts in the parking lot that is okay.  If the cart was in the store, I assume it wasn't paid for and still belongs to the store. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:11:08 pm »

I have never found anything but trash
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:58:03 pm »

Loose stuff in carts in the parking lot that is okay.  If the cart was in the store, I assume it wasn't paid for and still belongs to the store. 

The parking lot is where I found it

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 02:49:20 pm »

Cart outside is fair game.  Cart inside is theft. 

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 03:57:19 pm »

Cheerleaders don't get paid much. So maybe send them to the two new dudes on the LA squad.  Just a joke, everyone. No need to turn me in to the political correctness police. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 04:12:13 pm »

^^^ Think you may have missed the target with this post...believe you probably meant to put it in the Rams gender bender thread.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 04:45:11 pm »

Nah, I was trying to make a (lame) joke about them needing the nail polish since they don't make a lot of money as cheerleaders.   A clear fail on my part. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:53:02 pm »

My Local stores,I find mostly left over meals (in various states),meth/heroin needles,trash (broken umbrellas,tons of walmart plastic bags,and occasionally crap people have cleaned out of their vehicles) but rarely anything of value.Since closing the homeless camp next to the store last fall,there enough homeless people wandering around the store to snag anything possibly left in carts before the owners are even out of the parking lots...

The other one a fairly close,isn't much better,it's closer to the highway,and the pan handlers that panhandle near the exit ramps are usually sitting near the entrances.

Garrett

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 10:56:14 pm »

One thing you don't want to leave in your cart is a receipt you don't want. The local crackheads take the receipts, and try to grab the stuff on your old receipt off the shelf, and exchange it for cash at customer service. I see them shamelessly digging in the trash for people's receipts! So I went and poured my Gatorade all over the trash right in front of a loser tweeker!!
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 11:40:13 am »

The definition of shoplifting in SC is the asportation (with intent to steal) of goods past the final point of sale without agreement or proof of purchase. So, I agree - if the cart's past the final point of sale, that wouldn't be shoplifting in SC. (There's a separate "defrauding an innkeeper" statute for the "carrying off" of services.) It would be petty larceny against the person who bought the stuff, assuming they could prove they bought it and you stole it, however. Hard to prove, of course, but, if you're morally against theft, it's something to consider.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 04:21:29 pm »

One thing you don't want to leave in your cart is a receipt you don't want. The local crackheads take the receipts, and try to grab the stuff on your old receipt off the shelf, and exchange it for cash at customer service. I see them shamelessly digging in the trash for people's receipts! So I went and poured my Gatorade all over the trash right in front of a loser tweeker!!

"It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small..."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 12:37:01 pm »

You just gave me an idea.   Evil

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray